Pages:
Author

Topic: What if Government bans Bitcoins? - page 14. (Read 6072 times)

Activity: 526
Merit: 10
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
September 04, 2018, 10:35:16 AM
Looking at the decentralized nature of crypto-currencies,Wonder if govt bans Bitcoins in future??Is it possible let's say by blocking all sites which relate to Bitcoin wallets/payments etc over the internet.In that case what would happen to our existing coins held in those wallets??
If the government prohibits Bitcoin, you can change the ip to access the Bitcoin web sites abroad. You can trade your Bitcoin number for money or continue investing in it. However, in developed countries it is difficult to have a ban on Bitcoin. It is as a potential new market and an opportunity for the future of a new way of trading and storing assets.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
September 04, 2018, 10:09:29 AM
the government can ban crypto as a currency for the payment of goods, but the government cannot prohibit crypto ownership as an asset or investment ..
Activity: 107
September 04, 2018, 10:02:31 AM
I think the government will not ban bitcoin in the future, because bitcoin improves the welfare of the public, and it also will not happen if the government blocks all existing wallets.

it doesnt matter if the government ban btc still the wont stop doing it.they dont control btc.still growing and growing.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
September 04, 2018, 09:54:29 AM
As we all know that bitcoin and crypto currency as a whole is decentralized and not easy to be controlled by anyone, the ban will only reduce investors participant but cant stop people from trading btc since its decentralized.
It is really possible that some goverment can ban bitcoin so when it happens a lot of investors will pull put there money in bitcoin and it will really affects the value of bitcoin, it will result a huge dump on the value of bitcoin so hoping that goverment will never ban bitcoin.
Activity: 336
September 04, 2018, 09:54:19 AM
Government is already banning bitcoin in many areas as crime or the illegal works got increased for cryptocurrencies because the transactions cant be traced...So the government is banning bitcoins..and in future they will also unblock bitcoins.
Activity: 103
September 04, 2018, 09:30:21 AM
That's the main problem that BITCOIN is facing, governments are really against in Bitcoin without looking for its advantages. But, I still believed that Bitcoin will not easily be banned based on the people who used Bitcoin, and most country have a bitcoin users already.
Activity: 54
September 04, 2018, 09:00:16 AM
Some countries were already banned bitcoin, and here in my country they did not banned it not because they don't know what to do but they find bitcoin as an interesting and a great opportunity for the people, and a big help in our growing economy. i think banning BTC is an old idea now, governments now understood they can make money from it, and probably they can even stop it, too late.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
September 04, 2018, 07:27:28 AM
Looking at the decentralized nature of crypto-currencies,Wonder if govt bans Bitcoins in future??Is it possible let's say by blocking all sites which relate to Bitcoin wallets/payments etc over the internet.In that case what would happen to our existing coins held in those wallets??

There is no use of currencies if BItcoin get ban in the world via every source possible though governments because if that happens businesses will abandon Bitcoin and its market by turning into fiat once again and most holders will leave the market which can make Bitcoin to hit zero value so nothing to consider about currencies that are stuck in wallets
Activity: 28
September 04, 2018, 05:41:42 AM
If here in the Philippines they ban the usage of bitcoin, I would most probably still use utilize it by using a different wallet outside in the country (we have a wallet provider here in the Philippines). Though this will limit my spending capacity and options, I would not want to waste the opportunity of earning bitcoins that potentially may increase its price furthermore in the future.

My friend interviewed the main lawyer of BSP (Central Bank) about bitcoin and the country's view on it. The lawyer said that bitcoin is treated here not as a currency, but rather as property. Therefore, it is not subject to legal tender which opens a variety of options in terms of payment.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
September 04, 2018, 01:42:01 AM
As we all know that bitcoin and crypto currency as a whole is decentralized and not easy to be controlled by anyone, the ban will only reduce investors participant but cant stop people from trading btc since its decentralized.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
September 04, 2018, 01:39:53 AM
If that should happen then those coins held up in wallets will become useless and obsolet, but come to think of it, why will the government ban bitcoin? the latest trends in economic advancement world over is cashless society and not even the government can stop this. So if this is to be actualized, if cashless society is to be achieved then we need introductions of more ico's to solve more real life problem using crypto currency not banning or eliminating the ones already in existence.
Activity: 156
September 04, 2018, 01:22:48 AM
If the countries around the globe will ban BTC, then it would be the dead end of BTC and crypto as a whole.  But I doubt it if it will be totally banned. Politicians love money. If they saw huge money on it they will jump on it made a law/rule and declare themselves a hero.
Activity: 5
September 04, 2018, 01:09:20 AM
It would be such an unfortunate move to the crypto world should governments ban Bitcoin. Most people have embraced crypto  and business are accepting it as a form of pay, if its Banned a lot will be affected, its however almost impossible as Governments world wide operate on different policies and some have already legalized it.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 273
September 04, 2018, 01:01:21 AM
Looking at the current trend in the financial market, the future of cryptocurrency is very bright. That would absolutely include Bitcoin. The governments used to be hardliners against the cryptocurrency innovation but now they are starting to adapt to it. Even the decentralized feature of crypto is now beginning to appear attractive to several governments as they begin to allow the use and trade of Bitcoin and other cryptos in their jurisdictions.
Activity: 196
September 04, 2018, 12:40:31 AM

Bitcoin ban is very unlikely to be happen because people and governments attitude towards digital or virtual currencies are changing rapidly because they are understanding the advantages that can gain by using Bitcoin or other crypto currencies to there advantage for better effectiveness and deficiency 
Activity: 89
September 03, 2018, 12:54:52 PM
well, I'm sure the price will decrease. it happens when china bans bitcoin. well, although the price is not so falling, but I think if other big countries banned bitcoin like japan, of course it will make the price fall, and less trust. Grin Grin
copper member
September 03, 2018, 12:12:25 PM
The government can only ban bitcoin if they have full control over it.
What I' m saying is this....it will be difficult ,almost impossible for government to ban bitcoin because of its decentralized structure.
Activity: 98
September 03, 2018, 12:08:06 PM
I can not imagine my life if the government forbids bitokoyn. But I think that there is still no need to panic. because it will certainly spread to the whole world. I can not imagine my life if the government forbids bitokoyn.
Activity: 364
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
September 03, 2018, 11:58:02 AM
The government can ban a bitcoin but physically they will not be able to do it. It is very independent and private. Even if they will ban some websites or services you can always reach them using other software and they will never find out about it. So basically they can't restrict your freedom here.
September 03, 2018, 10:28:31 AM
there are many government already banned it, but not too affect on bitcoin
bitcoin is still live until now because its communites is huge
Pages:
Jump to: