Pages:
Author

Topic: What if Government bans Bitcoins? - page 42. (Read 6099 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10
Semi-Decentralized Exchange
July 18, 2018, 10:08:13 AM
Government can't demand their wants in bitcoin. They don't have power to ban or close all website that related to bitcoin or crypto currencies. But we need to be careful because some of the country are making their moves to vanish bitcoin in their country.
Activity: 350
July 18, 2018, 08:11:08 AM
Some countries was already banned bitcoin and some countries are didn't ban because governments don't how to ban it and other governments understood the main purpose of bitcoin that's why they didn't ban bitcoin because bitcoin can make money for them.
Activity: 798
July 18, 2018, 03:29:49 AM
Government can do what they want but bitcoin is decentralized system and no government law can reach this system. Bitcoin is not a security and its no need regulation from government.
Governement regulation needed on cryptocurrency exchanger or crypto trading. If we owning bitcoin, its legal because its not a security
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
July 18, 2018, 02:57:18 AM
Looking at the decentralized nature of crypto-currencies,Wonder if govt bans Bitcoins in future??Is it possible let's say by blocking all sites which relate to Bitcoin wallets/payments etc over the internet.In that case what would happen to our existing coins held in those wallets??
There could be a big effect if they truly banned bitcoins. Those who have made cryptos as their partner in daily life will be affecting on this sinced they cannot be able to continue in making online transactions. Perhaps, if they don't blocked the site then we can stil do our job here.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
July 18, 2018, 02:51:46 AM
although the governments ban bitcoin, it won't stop bitcoin user to use bitcoin because as long as we can connect with internet, then we can search the other way so we can still use bitcoin. I don't think that the government bans bitcoin because they know that bitcoin is something that can give benefits to them so maybe they only want to control bitcoin.
Activity: 176
Merit: 12
July 17, 2018, 02:24:55 PM
Government can ban the Bitcoin but can not stop the Bitcoin,Because Bitcoin is block-chain based technology and an independent which allow people to employ skills and invest to earn in short time.Bitcoin currently leading all other mediums of investments it is because Bitcoin have potential and the day is not far government will realize to consider Bitcoin as legal tender.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
July 17, 2018, 02:21:19 PM
the government can do anything including banning the presence of bitcoin but I think the government will not ban bitcoin in the future because I think bitcoin is a digital currency that is very likely to help the country in the future and the government does not need to prohibit let alone block enough to provide rules that may be taxed
Activity: 5
July 17, 2018, 01:58:57 PM
They can’t do anything .It is not possible.I think bitcoin will become a major part of the business world.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 415
July 17, 2018, 01:58:24 PM
I think even Government bans the use of bitcoin it will still have value as they are a great example of the use of blockchain technology for better and digital future. Many people have made bitcoin as a there everyday digital currency and I think they will never stop using it.
Activity: 266
July 17, 2018, 01:54:45 PM
for me if bitcoin is banned in my state, then I can deal with it bypassing the state system, since the Crypto currency is decentralized and I can do it wherever I want
Activity: 285
Merit: 100
July 17, 2018, 01:22:41 PM
if indeed there is a ban on bitcoin in this country then many impacts will occur and the government is actually just limiting how its development so that all goes well and actually the presence of bitcoin is very helpful to the economy of this country and the government will still allow someone to have bitcoin because of the presence of bitcoin many changes that occur especially in terms of our economy is getting better Smiley
Activity: 238
July 17, 2018, 01:06:48 PM
Either they  ban it or not, bitcoin is staying for long, the importance the blockchain will soon be known and open the every body around the globe.
Activity: 503
Merit: 250
July 17, 2018, 12:56:41 PM
Looking at the decentralized nature of crypto-currencies,Wonder if govt bans Bitcoins in future??Is it possible let's say by blocking all sites which relate to Bitcoin wallets/payments etc over the internet.In that case what would happen to our existing coins held in those wallets??

If I have to be honest, I do not know what exactly will happen. But in my opinion, in order to have some overwhelming consequences, it must become global. That is, each country should ban it. Otherwise, you can always use it where it is not forbidden. That's what I think.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
July 17, 2018, 11:46:43 AM
Some countries were already banned bitcoin, and here in my country they did not banned it not because they don't know what to do but they find bitcoin as an interesting and a great opportunity for the people, and a big help in our growing economy.
That's a good news, cause your country are open minded in cryptocurrency they know that bitcoin is help for there people to become successful and also they know that bitcoin can reduce poverty and unemployment person and give opportunity to grow the economy of your county. I hope one of this days another country accepted bitcoin.
Activity: 57
Merit: 1
July 17, 2018, 10:27:03 AM
It just limits the use of bitcoin in the country. Meaning merchants will not be allowed to accept bitcoin as payment. but citizens can still use btc, invest in it as the government doesn't have the control over that.
Activity: 686
July 17, 2018, 08:50:13 AM
For the time being, some areas have banned the existence of Bitcoin but Bitcoin is a free currency and will be people interested to have it.
Activity: 406
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
July 17, 2018, 08:43:08 AM

Will,if this things would happen in the future that the world government prohibited or ban the bitcoin,i thinks all of us have no escape because they have the right to stop or to hold everything what they want,because they are the law,and only thngs thats we pray thats this implementation could not been happen,because everything about in cryptocurrency investment would been collapsed.
Activity: 210
https://eloncity.io/
July 17, 2018, 08:40:28 AM
You can see the situation a little wrong. Just now there is a tendency to resolve Bitcoin in many countries, not its prohibition. Every day more and more organizations welcome cryptocurrency, the case for countries.
Activity: 756
Merit: 112
July 17, 2018, 08:33:54 AM

I think you are referring on technically banning bitcoin through blocking the links or url networks? Not sure. But most replies here are about the government banning bitcoin via legal laws.

If its the technical side you are asking. I think it will still work as long as there is the Onion network.  And they can't ban onion network because the government uses it. The more user the onion network has, the more secure it will be.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
July 17, 2018, 08:24:38 AM
different from my country, initially banned but gradually Government began to look at blockchain technology and currently almost legalize Bitcoin trade.
I'm sure it will get better, in the future.
Just like my country, they are not against on bitcoin trade or in bitcoin itself. They just limit the movement of bitcoin here and put some regulations to evenly control the flow of bitcoin. I guess our government are into studying the potential of bitcoin and its blockchain system to hopefully use in the future financing matters.
Pages:
Jump to: