Pages:
Author

Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN? - page 21. (Read 2549 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Upside with these kinds of regulations is better protection from scam ICO's that have multiplied a lot since last year. Wuuldn't you be safer knowing that the government approved an ICO? Downside is, taxes. Bigger taxes.
As far as i know bitcoin today has reached such level of development that it will be almost impossible for the state to win over it. Especially because some governments actively support cryptocurrencies and bitcoin.
Activity: 130
I think this will never happen, although there are some countries who were in making plans and action on how to regulate bitcoins but these plans will only end up into nothing,they cannot control this crypto because this is a technology and we know that there's always and enhancement of technology every now and then. Bitcoin will always find a way on how to stand amidst plan for regulation,no one can control it,Bitcoin will always live forever as long as there's internet connection
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
Government can ban and regulate bitcoin on its country but they can't force its citizen to avoid on having it because bitcoin is an opportunity in a lifetime, but if it is happen i'm sure it is always on the best interest for its people.
Activity: 336
Merit: 107
Much the same as you feel, I likewise encountered a similar thing when there are as of now some expansive volume nations on the planet crypto disallow the utilization of crypto. What's more, what you pass on is a smart thought, I likewise little by little set aside my pay to contribute with physical properties. Since as you say, nobody recognizes what will occur later on. We expect the best, for others additionally don't disregard about what our companions say above. We can win just from the universe of crypto, however don't get excessively focused, despite everything we have a genuine that we should live.
Activity: 84
They can't win, for sure. BTC is becoming a big issue, mainly for developed countries. For example, people in african countries are becoming a bit rich every day.
Activity: 182
Don`t think that there` any sense in so-called winning over. Government is too smart and if officials realize that they can use something with a profit they will do it immediately. Bitcoin is a great technology so the time may come sooner or later.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
Yes, bitcoin is going through difficult times, but I really want to see the country finally accepted it and we were able to freely use this unique technology.
Activity: 278
Merit: 1
GOVERNMENT can not win bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency related, beside as long internet is functioning bitcoin investment we continue and bitcoin investment/trading has create many job to youths in difference country, and i don't know why GOVERNMENT eyes are still on cryptocurrency. BITCOIN has many future use to the trader and investors in future used.
Activity: 596
Yes, now bitcoin is not in the best position due to the fact that the government is still in uncertainty. I hope that all the same our rulers will be reasonable and accept bitcoin.
Activity: 14
all the accounts will be gone.
Activity: 630
Merit: 258
In that case,  I think the company of bitcoin will become banned by the whole nation which is not a good thing in the company abd management of bitcoin. 
They should get the sympathy of the public so that they can have support to defend their selves in the eye of government.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really
I think that it can really change the position of cryptocurrencies in society in a positive way and maybe we will even earn more on this
Activity: 316
It's just a very big explanation for it, so they want to come up with Crypto's huge security. That's why they do not get the TAX in the first place. The government has no income so they want that.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
if government want to against cryptocurrency then they will figure out all of the ways to being the winner but indeed if they win then cryptocurrency will be regulated and seems anonymous features from cryptocurrency will be disappear because the government will take control all of crypto users but i wish this is would not be happened because one of the main reasons people use cryptocurrency they want to be freedom from banks or government regulations
Upside with these kinds of regulations is better protection from scam ICO's that have multiplied a lot since last year. Wuuldn't you be safer knowing that the government approved an ICO? Downside is, taxes. Bigger taxes.
Activity: 420
Government can't win over bitcoin until people using it,we have to use crypto as crypto so there is no taxes for that and no need to worry about it.
Recently Germany announced there is no tax if you use crypto for buying goods which memas many governments understand about bitcoin and getting ready for the future ear of bitcoin.

Just wait and see what will happen next. If ever government wins over bitcoin that could be more complicated. As  if  every member of the government will join bitcoin as investment , all the transparency of their assets now  been determined. It takes time  to implement  such  regulations on bitcoin. As some countries like Germany consider bitcoin untaxable and Switzerland as well including United States as of now.

Activity: 574
Merit: 100
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

of course not, the government will never be able to control the circulation of bitcoin, the government will not be able to because the enthusiasts and the demand for bitcoin is very high price will be expensive and more and more buy the government will not be able to control the bitcoin circulation.
Activity: 322
Merit: 141
Just two things to say (as I repeat them all over the forum like a parrot  Grin).
1. Regulations are a positive thing. We need regulations to keep the market healthy.
2. Government cannot take Bitcoin into possession, they can only make another cryptocurrency and force its adoption. However, a society has a say in it too.....

Today I think this regulations are not the greatest threat to progress..Developed countries make only liberal regulations and restrictions to protect their society,They are trying to create good balance between people's interest and public interest.The main problem is for governments is that they can't control money migration.bitcoin is also a good tool for them to improve their economical conditions and not only bitcoin,Just imagine how many good projects are creating all over the world,its money export too for them.I'm just talking about this to explain that there is no danger.People see the need for such a regulations,Even such as for example KYC or Mandatory reporting rules are.In another case there may be chaos.So I'm Sure that there always will be a bunch of people wanting to buy or sell bitcoins,because of its unique nature,So my advice it to not think about this.I personally see regulation as an inevitable and desirable thing,but this regulations must be concentrated on people's will.Anyway there is no reason for fear.

I would like just to correct you, or better said - add to your statement that the actual problem is that Governments have the possibility to control money migration where they shouldn't (and that is where smart contracts could help) and don't have where they should (this cannot be solved with Blockchain - this is intrinsic to laissez-faire (free economy) system which has some advantages and, quite obviously, some disadvantages).
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
I think the total ban of bitcoin in the world is just one of the possible scenarios of development that will never come true. I like bitcoin and I don't want to ban it. I think most people think the same way.
Pages:
Jump to: