Pages:
Author

Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN? - page 24. (Read 2549 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 4370
🤑 Free Bets have been credited 🤑
Yeah a genuine good luck with that.  Bitcoin is way too powerful to be taken over by any world government.
Quite frankly, I don't even think most governments possess the power to regulate every single coin.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 701
I think that's impossible or so hard for government in the world to control crypto currency. But, nobody to knows what will happen tomorrow except if each of government in a country create their own crypto currency to be used. So, it's possible to come true.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
Interesting and thought provoking. I would rather re-phrase for the convenience of my opinion to be ''WHAT IF THE GOVERNMENT WINS OVER THE PEOPLE? The narrative and primary purpose of bitcoin is actually more like 'a power to the people technology', this power as much as it initially focused on 'power of money to the people' have now been discovered to have even more capacity than that so we are just beginning. To answer the question succinctly, no government since the history of man has ever been able to win over the people, yes they may be able to suppress the people for a while, but the people always win, the most recent examples are the Arab spring uprisings that forced unpopular governments out of power or forced policy changes of government to be people centered. So i conclude, Government will never win over bitcoin. 
Activity: 323
Merit: 100
If you don't know then let me tell you that Bitcoin is a decentralized currency. What this means is that no single party controls bitcoin meaning even if the governments ban bitcoin there are going to be nodes running and miners mining bitcoin all over the world and theres going to be at least one country who will be crypto friendly.

For me, if the government wins over bitcoin I become sad. Why? Because the bitcoin is my only source of income, as a student it is hard to earn money because i'm a student I don't have any work or job but here in bitcoin I considered it as my job.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 283
Its possible they win but its not possible for them to stop people from still transacting bitcoin as its decentralized.... The only power they will have is by closing centralized exchange and people will still be making use of decentralized exchange...
That was a slap on the face of all government that are trying to defame and kill bitcoin. Honestly, I don’t want to disrespect anyone but this desperation of authorities to take full control over the economy sometimes really get on my nerves. Bitcoin is giving a real tough competition and no matter what tricks anyone play, bitcoin can’t be stopped or taken away from its admirers.
Activity: 896
Merit: 108
These regulations also have a lot of advantages. Since they are putting restrictions on those suspicious ICOs the money of a lot of investors will be saved. Also, these fraud coins also hamper the image of bitcoins. Some of the people label whole crypto as scam because of these coins.
You are right. We must always think positively. The government must have clear reasons for the rules they make to limit cryptocurrency. It's all to give protection to its people
Activity: 392
Its possible they win but its not possible for them to stop people from still transacting bitcoin as its decentralized.... The only power they will have is by closing centralized exchange and people will still be making use of decentralized exchange...
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
the cryptocurrency bitcoin the biggest bubble in the world today, or a great investment bet on the cutting edge of new-age financial technology? My best guess is that in the long run, the technology will thrive, but that the price of bitcoin will collapse.

If you haven’t been following the bitcoin story, its price is up 600% over the past 12 months, and 1,600% in the past 24 months. At over $4,200 (as of 5 October), a single unit of the virtual currency is now worth more than three times an ounce of gold. Some bitcoin evangelists see it going far higher in the next few years.

What happens from here will depend a lot on how governments react. Will they tolerate anonymous payment systems that facilitate tax evasion and crime? Will they create digital currencies of their own? Another key question is how successfully bitcoin’s numerous “alt-coin” competitors can penetrate the market.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"
Yeah you are probably right investing in tangible things might be the best thing to do. However, balance it also with cryptocurrency. Since there are still many investors or crypto believers that give hope on it. For now current market for crypto is not that good then if ever government will interfere then this will scare off to some other members here. Yet believing in bitcoin or any other crypto is still the best thing to do. We may not get for what we want now and seems crypto has lay down low but for sure that there is a bright future ahead for the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 560
Merit: 13
What we are expecting in cryptocurrency? Do you think the government will just let the people to become decentralize?
The purpose of the government is to regulate things in their state. Imposing of laws and regulation is the job of the government. We, as a citizen of our beloved nation, must follow the rules and obey the law in accordance to our rights. Bitcoin is an income sources and many criminalities will make because of the greediness of the people and not in bitcoin.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Hahaha,  we would back our bags and lodges and go into the push to cultivate the soil in other to grow rice and fruits.  After all,  life still continues as it used to be before the existence of bitcoin and the blockchain as a whole.  But I doubt if the government And Central Bank can win  over a whole community of people around the world who are into cryptography.  So they should mind their business.
Activity: 252
Merit: 17
If government wins over bitcoin I think there will be a big changes to the process flow of bitcoin. Maybe this will be a good advantage to those people who are pro sided with the legalization of bitcoin with their country. Just imagine that if the bitcoin will be full recognize with the government of your country. This is just like saying that bitcoin will be fully operated and will be embrace of all the people in the country. Somehow the disadvantage that this might give to bitcoin is its price or value. Surely if this will be over the control of the government the price or value of this will be regulated for sure by the government. 
Activity: 434
you just need to remember to withdraw profits. and you can not fan that cryptocurrencies or any other solution is a panacea. That's all she wrote. of course, any investor is trying to secure their funds and this is the main thing
Activity: 200
If the government wins over Bitcoin through regulations, things from the usual will probably change. Taxes will be everywhere, so as much as we can, save more money or invest with physical properties. Bitcoin will not end, you just have to make yourself be prepared with something unusual that might happen, like getting insurances. And be alert and updated with the price of BTC. Handle your assets well. Especially this digital asset.
Activity: 364
It’s not possible government wins over Bitcoin. It has multi uses and its not a country based currency.
It’s now a community and popular all over the world even some of the country also understand It’s another opportunity to increase the county economy though some of the country don’t agree with us they seem it’s the illegal or destructive currency for the general currency that’s why some of the country also ban the coin.
So It can say that The government can only ban the coin not to over it. If the investor use it as virtual transaction how the gov.t block this. Either govt. allow it and imposed on tax in every transaction than the economy will increase soon. So it’s not possible to win Over Bitcoin.

Activity: 223
Which gouverment and how should they win over bitcoin? You see the biggest countrys like china are against bitcoin. But it looks like they people of china doenst care what their gouverment say. They just still keep trading with cryptocurrencies. Even when they censor the internet, the people got always news ways to bypass these bans and censor. So if any gouverment starts a war against crpytoworld, they can just loose. So dont worry about bannings from countrys, they just FUD news to lower the price for the whales.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
The government fears that bitcoin will become a new power with which they can not fight. There are cryptocurrency books that speak and tell much more about this topic.
Activity: 448
Merit: 122
You have said it all we are all here because of the freedom cryptocurrency offer us and that is the major point the government is concern with. The government want to control the freedom of the people and at that will always drive majors to regulate and control that freedom
Activity: 454
Merit: 13
if the government wins for bitcoin I think the government would have greater authority access to regulate bitcoin use and maybe the government could apply taxes to bitcoin owners and more worries the government could at any time close bitcoin
This is what they are already trying to do. If the governments can govern the bitcoin system, even if they don't control it, they can still get taxes from it. This is why China is having second thoughts about the whole crypto system because they know they can use bitcoin to their benefit and that's why they are acting the way they are.
Activity: 294
Merit: 17
If government wins over bitcoin I think the essence of bitcoin may change or actually be gone. Of course the government will set rules that will definitely favor their side more than the people who use bitcoin. Liberty maybe gone because the government have now the control of bitcoin. Just the news of bitcoin having tax has already big impact on the community how much more if they make another rules that will definitely destroy the bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: