Pages:
Author

Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN? - page 27. (Read 2549 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 2
ahmm its depend on overnment... many government acccepting crypto currency now. other are not so would you clarify your question?? because theres country government accepting and other are not..
Activity: 840
Merit: 105
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
if the government wins against bitcoin then the crypto currency will not bounce higher because the crypto currency is often controlled by the government. the possibility of bitcoin prices will go down even further, I suggest for all holders of crypto currency to hold and support the crypto currency so as not to lose by the government. I am afraid bitcoin will disappear forever because all governments in the world prohibit crypto currency.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Aim High! Bow Low!
If the government really wins over bitcoin then expect the Great Regulation of this these coins. the Government will not sit back and relax as a new currency is wavering over the country. Together with banks they are to regulate and limit the use of BTC, whereas Citizens arenow submitted to do some tax in terms with using Bitcoin. So, While its still is Free at a certain country, lets Do what we can about it.
Activity: 382
Merit: 100
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy
If you don't know then let me tell you that Bitcoin is a decentralized currency. What this means is that no single party controls bitcoin meaning even if the governments ban bitcoin there are going to be nodes running and miners mining bitcoin all over the world and theres going to be at least one country who will be crypto friendly.
Such people are lucky whose governments are with them and understand the need of making bitcoin rather the crypto currencies legal for the prosperity and welfare of the society. We are living in a global village and we need such technologies which connect us with each other in few minutes. Bitcoin should be made legal in other countries as well. The combination of government and bitcoin is best for the development of the state.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
i have nothing in my mind because i am not in the bitcoin economy so no tensions...
Activity: 107
Government cannot win over bitcoin since it don't control mining nor blockchain, yet it can block the use of it.  If blocking is what government can do to win over bitcoin, users can use other means to still access the blockchain.
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
I doubt that any government will be able to win with Bitcoin. The only thing that they can try is banning Bitcoin which won't help them much because there is no way to know who is the owner of particiular address as long as you don't expose yourself. I can't imagine how a government could win with Bitcoin. It is simply not possible due to its decentralised nature. Many people in my country would emigrate if mining, buying and selling cryptocurrencies became illegal now. Many people make a living with Bitcoin.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Ultimately, the best response to bitcoin is not to limit it, but to embrace the technology and try and work with it. Helping to create the future of cryptocurrencies with the users and developers would be a much smarter and more effective stance for governments and regulatory bodies to take. Here’s hoping they do.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
Nothing but this, I hate to see Bitcoin fall under the management or control of government officials, not that I'm thinking they well place a lot of hell rules and laws and do's&dont's, and I hate more if they out tax over it in every movement of your coins and when you purchase tokens or coins I hate the tax go with it, I do love bitcoin to stay decentralized.

Yes bitcoin has many rules and regulations comming out next by next we cannot accept and move on with that so it need to change a lot and also it will be move to before stage and it will come back soon.
Activity: 224
Merit: 61
We can not talk about governments winning over bitcoin because there is no war or a competition between them . There is only some countries that believe that bitcoin trading is illegal and they want to make some restrictions about it , it's not a huge war against bitcoin and there is only few countries causing trouble for cryptocurrencies nowadays . So in the end there is no point to speak about who's going to win .
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
Nothing but this, I hate to see Bitcoin fall under the management or control of government officials, not that I'm thinking they well place a lot of hell rules and laws and do's&dont's, and I hate more if they out tax over it in every movement of your coins and when you purchase tokens or coins I hate the tax go with it, I do love bitcoin to stay decentralized.
Activity: 322
If the government wins and starts regulating cryptocurrencies, then expect our earnings to considerably drop as it will mostly go to permits and taxes. One of the reasons I invested in bitcoin is to avoid unreasonable taxes in incomes. Now the government will be chasing us again about it.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
That is what I'm really worried about. They have the power and authority to do what they want and manipulate people that they are doing the right thing. Our only allies are those countries who are in favor of decentralization so I hope they will dominate those anti-btc countries.
i think it will never be, bitcoin has been their for about a years and government has no action about it, bitcoin will never be under the government, one of the good characteristic of bitcoin its anonymously is that matter so therefore i believe that it will never be happens, and if yes many people will look for a way so that they will earn bitcoin anonymously people will always finds a way.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue.

it is understandable to be worried about what the government is going to do about bitcoin and what kind of regulations they are going to put in place, but at the same time i believe that it doesn't have to be against the "freedom" either. regulations can be good too, they can help the growth, they can prevent a lot of crimes and besides we are living in a world of regulations already. it is not such a bad thing to have it for bitcoin too as long as they are not ridiculous ones.

There is only so much that they can do. They may implement some regulations, but they can't totally take over bitcoin. Bitcoin was desgined to be decentralized. But they may have the power to ban bitcoin in their country. But they cannot change the system it was designed with. Because that is one main advantage of bitcoin. Freedom from authorities. 
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
if government will block and ban bitcoins, I guess we will loose, I mean by "we" general miners and traders
no doubts some part of crypto will go underground, but that will hard hit the price of btc
and a lot of general miners and public will forget about btc
Activity: 14

The government can limit, but not win.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Nothing is impossible, however, they will try to regulate and control the number of bitcoins in the market, thus manipulating the price. This also may lead its price being less-volatile than before and relatively more controlled. Though there may be some negative implications, embracing bitcoin by the government may also bring forth a development that may enhance its system under the blockchain technology.
Activity: 462
BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

Yes, I am aware of the 2018 year that it is going to be the major year for the cryptocurrency regulations and legality in major parts of the world. In fact, we should be taking this move in a positive manner and I firmly believe that by the 2018 year end we will be seeing bitcoin and other private coins to introduced and made legal in many parts of the world with some strong conditions and regulations which will be protecting us from scams and other fraudulent activities and by this way i am pretty much sure that Government winning over the bitcoin will bring the positive things for us.
Activity: 242
Merit: 10
Last year's market was really crazy, but ICO was called more fraud. This will bring some pressure to the government of every country, and indeed many ICO are bubbles, so appropriate regulation is necessary. Of course, I think the government will not easily ban the bitcoin trade, and there are many governments that hope to use this technology well.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
How could the government win over something totally decentralized ? They could try to regulate but there would always be ways
Pages:
Jump to: