Pages:
Author

Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN? - page 30. (Read 2549 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

It is the lack of regulations that actually keep people away from Bitcoin. Because they fear the uncertainities.
If the government will have some regulations on crypto, people will know what to expect from it and this way more and more people will get confident about investing into crypto.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
Upside with these kinds of regulations is better protection from scam ICO's that have multiplied a lot since last year. Wuuldn't you be safer knowing that the government approved an ICO? Downside is, taxes. Bigger taxes.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100

How can the government win, it's like opening the crypto currency pool in 51%, all countries in the world need to connect to how to start regulating, they do not know which side to approach, because we are one step ahead of them. They also need to do something that will pound the impasse of all investors in the crypto industry
Activity: 266
Merit: 151
First crypto index traded as a token!
Cryptocurrencies will be regulated worldwide and it won't take so long for that to happen. Decisions will be made with the G20 discussion on cryptocurrencies this month. Governments want to stop money laundering and other criminal activities, but the main reason is that they want to tax cryptocurrencies and keep control. They are afraid bank accounts will be emptied and tenders will be in danger. With the regulations Bitcoin will be centralized and the price will no longer increase. Investors will stay away from centralized cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
I think bitcoin today has reached such level of development that it will be almost impossible for the state to win over it. Especially because some governments actively support cryptocurrencies and bitcoin.
You are right, there is no way that the government will gonna win over bitcoin since bitcoin has been widely adapted nowadays, and the demand is increasing rapidly despite that fact that some countries already banned it still they tend to do it well.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
I think bitcoin today has reached such level of development that it will be almost impossible for the state to win over it. Especially because some governments actively support cryptocurrencies and bitcoin.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
That's what came into my mind too and that's a real issue some people are scared of because if ever the governments win over Bitcoin and starts to legalize them then I'm pretty sure it would be the start of Bitcoins downfall. But we'll never know what could happen if it will be legalized and regulated, it could even be a good thing in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
Hi,

That's a real issue, indeed. I think the fact that there is no authority is one of the most important characteristics of cryptos.
Over the short term, I think there is no threat. Governments and laws are slow.

But indeed, over the long term, they can invest and become whales. They can finally be powerful enough to control prices. Which would be even worse than the current situation.

Investing in real, tangible thing is a solution. Travelling can be another. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
If governments do this than they will fight against their citizens and they would limit the rights of the people

How can governments further limit people's rights? People are basically operating at full mercy of their government already, and regardless of the governmental actions against or in advantage of crypto, that won't change anything. Bitcoin itself will always be an availability for you to use, and that's the best feeling in the world. In that regard, you could even say that Bitcoin is regulating the government, and thus has booked an instant win over them already. Governments can only win over the centralized part of this market, which isn't that big of a deal for me, because at the end of the day, we can choose to avoid that centralized part. If you want, no one will be able to stand between you and your freedom with Bitcoin, never forget that.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
if the government suicide in getting control over bitcoin, the crypto-currency market will fall to the ground because their will be alot of policy which they will implement which will be of their own benefit and not to the interest of the people. and the market being control by an individual or government agent can hiding the investors/traders, their will be alot of taxation in the business which no one will like to pay  
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
Yes 2018 will be the new era of crypto where every single exchanges will be regulated, and all ICO will be on heavy surveillance, nothing much can be done, because the crypto has been grow too big and it worry the government, as you can see the combination of crypto currencies transactions volume is very big, somehow the big number of transactions can decrease the tax income
Activity: 24
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

The only thing they can do is regulate securities which are altcoins but not bitcoin... It is not a security at any level
Activity: 211
Merit: 1
The governments are taking actions in a way of security, (I guess). They targeted the Bitcoin holders who have fake identities and the confiscated Bitcoins are being auctioned. That is just a sample of how they will treat cryptocurrency. You can search crimes that involved Bitcoin. I think that it is okay if the government has to regulate cryptocurrency but I hope that their objective is about security. And like what I said, I am still in crypto but as much as I can, I am going to invest in physical properties so once changes happen or whatever, I still have physical investments that I can share with my family.

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."
Activity: 265
The World’s First Blockchain Core
they can make anything when money is in question. So personally I am opened and ready for anything possible but until the end plan to stay into crypto world but not 100% on it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue.

it is understandable to be worried about what the government is going to do about bitcoin and what kind of regulations they are going to put in place, but at the same time i believe that it doesn't have to be against the "freedom" either. regulations can be good too, they can help the growth, they can prevent a lot of crimes and besides we are living in a world of regulations already. it is not such a bad thing to have it for bitcoin too as long as they are not ridiculous ones.

Correct, the government better have to support cryptocurrency for a economic development in their own country. That's why regulation needed to protect cryptocurrency when used to support negative actions such as money laundering, illegal purchases of goods, and even terrorist financing. Therefore, regulation is also important for the development of cryptocurrency in all parts of the world.
Activity: 195
the best that can happen is for the government around the world to adopt digital currencies which will invariably take over the economy of the world.it is going to be a wonderful experience.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
It seems to me that it is unlikely that the maximum will temporarily block in this or that country, but in the end it will lag behind the Trend and then it will be a vosal of those who started cooperating from the very beginning!
Activity: 308
If governments do this than they will fight against their citizens and they would limit the rights of the people
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
Actually, I am looking forward to the day cryptocurrency IRR (Implementing Rules and Regulations) will be released. Can’t wait to see the faces of those who still insists that bitcoin is illegal.  Cheesy
Same here! It would be a big slap on their faces who are working hard day and night to spread false news about bitcoin and make people stop using it. There is not even a single solid and valid reason for declaring bitcoin illegal in any state. This currency has been continuously helping common people in earning breads for themselves and their families. It is legal in developed states and there are maximum chances that developing will follow them in this regard.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 789
If Government will win against bitcoin. There might be a sudden change in the amount of bitcoin. For sure government will control or manipulate it.

True enough. With the intervention of the government on bitcoin (considering that it is the reigning cryptocurrency at the moment), they will try to regulate and control the number of bitcoins in the market, thus manipulating the price. This also may lead its price being less-volatile than before and relatively more controlled. Though there may be some negative implications, embracing bitcoin by the government may also bring forth a development that may enhance its system under the blockchain technology. Who knows, maybe the government has kept some secrets that may soon utilise it for bitcoin's development.

Pages:
Jump to: