Pages:
Author

Topic: What if US Dollar Crashes? - page 34. (Read 57086 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
May 24, 2016, 10:55:31 AM
If the US dollar would crash the bitcoin will disappear to because a bitcoin has a price of the dollar. So when
the dollar goes away what will the price of the bitcoin be exactly nothing because there is no dollar anymore.
If the US Dollar is going to crash then it would effect the Bitcoin in someway because there are allot of people in the us that make use of the Bitcoin so there would be less Bitcoin users. 

Why would there be less bitcoin users if dollar crash? Actually, they will most likely switch to bitcoin because bitcoin will be soaring high by then. Maybe there will be more merchants using bitcoin because dollars will be to low to buy something. Bitcoin will replace dollar as the strongest currency.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
May 24, 2016, 10:12:07 AM
I cant imagine that usd will crash even in the future because its impossible to happen and i think even its crashes it cannot change bitcoin replace usd.. its impossible bitcoin will always ecurrency and there posibility that bitcoin alive in the future..
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
May 24, 2016, 10:03:10 AM
What if the us dollar wil crash one thing that i know is that the bitcoin never can take over. So dont think that would happen. The crash of the dollar means allot of people are dead and i think whole america is gone because they all has dollars. And thats why he never will crash there are to many people interested in.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 24, 2016, 05:17:20 AM
The only thing that will make USD crash is if there is a mighty, global economic collapse. That is not good news, even for bitcoins.

It means bitcoins will be the only reasonable means of exchange and you can't even sell btc for your local currency because your local currency would have been seriously devalued due to the world economic condition.

If there is a global crash, the dollar will rise - flight to safety. It happened during the financial crisis of 2008, and then in 2013 during the eurozone crisis - the dollar rose both times.

The dollar isn't going anywhere (and neither is the pound or swiss franc). They are backed by stable democracies, and yes they will have recessions from time to time because recessions are normal, but nothing is going to happen to their currencies.

It is the weak countries that will adopt bitcoin. What will happen is their own currencies become worthless but they can't get hold of US dollars (because of capital controls), so they will opt for bitcoin as the next best thing. See Venezuela for this in action. The bolivar has collapsed, the people want US dollars, they can't get them, so some are opting for btc.
Activity: 350
May 24, 2016, 05:08:50 AM
If the US dollar would crash the bitcoin will disappear to because a bitcoin has a price of the dollar. So when
the dollar goes away what will the price of the bitcoin be exactly nothing because there is no dollar anymore.
If the US Dollar is going to crash then it would effect the Bitcoin in someway because there are allot of people in the us that make use of the Bitcoin so there would be less Bitcoin users. 
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
May 19, 2016, 10:43:19 AM
If that happens, I think bitcoin and gold will be more valuable. As dollar value decreases, bitcoin value increase. We will be shifting from using fiat to using cryptocurrency on a daily basis. That will be good news to all early adopters. They will be millionaires if that happens. But I think the economy will be greatly affected and mostly war because there will be shifting in power.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 19, 2016, 10:17:58 AM
Then it will be a big spin for this Earth. That is a strong country man. If their money crashes then some of the countries that are connected with them could also crash. Businesses also in other countries.  Undecided
Yes and unfortunately such crashing happened some times for some of countries which is a big threat for connected economies now.
Activity: 364
May 19, 2016, 04:41:39 AM
I disagree. Bitcoin will not disappear if US dollar crashes. First off, bitcoin isn't only dependent on the USD value. bitcoin can also be exchanged in local currencies, eg EUR, AUD, JPY, PHP, etc. USD isn't the only currency in the world you know. If US dollar does indeed crashes, I'm can somehow see EUR will become the new world currency
The chance is really small that the US Dollar can crash and that is because there are still a lot of people that is using the US Dollar it is their only payment method.
So that is important for them and you see that the Bitcoin is becoming more popular of course but it takes time to get more used and acceptable.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
May 19, 2016, 02:28:14 AM
Then it will be a big spin for this Earth. That is a strong country man. If their money crashes then some of the countries that are connected with them could also crash. Businesses also in other countries.  Undecided
Activity: 826
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 18, 2016, 05:24:51 PM
The only thing that will make USD crash is if there is a mighty, global economic collapse. That is not good news, even for bitcoins.

It means bitcoins will be the only reasonable means of exchange and you can't even sell btc for your local currency because your local currency would have been seriously devalued due to the world economic condition.
Crash of world economy is one thing but things such as the roots of last financial crisis were more internal results of usa.
Activity: 364
May 18, 2016, 04:54:10 PM
I disagree. Bitcoin will not disappear if US dollar crashes. First off, bitcoin isn't only dependent on the USD value. bitcoin can also be exchanged in local currencies, eg EUR, AUD, JPY, PHP, etc. USD isn't the only currency in the world you know. If US dollar does indeed crashes, I'm can somehow see EUR will become the new world currency

Well if any currency as large as the dollar crashes then investors lose hope. And they will not run into bitcoin. Most of them would find Gold or perhaps the EUR. But risky assets are a no go for sure for investors.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
May 18, 2016, 03:46:43 PM
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
May 18, 2016, 05:51:54 AM
If the US Dollar crashes then something has to be completely wrong with there economy. But the US is a way too powerful country to let something like that happen.
They will come up with a solution before someone even notices anything.
Activity: 994
PUGG.io
May 18, 2016, 04:03:05 AM
If USD crashes then also bitcoin will not become central currencies because most of the governments do not want to adopt it because of anonymity associated with it, it's decentralized nature and because of the fact that they can not control it.
Activity: 350
May 18, 2016, 03:32:09 AM
Das
Activity: 308
May 18, 2016, 03:08:15 AM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
May 18, 2016, 02:28:27 AM
If the USD dollar crashed, which is very unlikely, then all the other currency would rise in value and the euro or the pound would probably replace the USD as the main currency.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 18, 2016, 02:03:36 AM
If us dollar crashes, bitcoin will be the top 1 leading currency, but it might not happen i think, USD is the main currency in our country man
legendary
Activity: 896
May 17, 2016, 03:54:38 PM
That would be fine with me because I am not using dollar and I am not from the US. I think in the future dollar will really collapse because the majority of people will decide to go full digital and they don't want to be govern by the corrupt government anymore.

it doesn't matter where you are living. the dollar is the main currency of the world, so if it crashes then it will drag the entire world economy with it on its way down. there is no escaping.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
May 17, 2016, 03:47:45 PM
i dont think this will happen but if it happens it will be really beneficial for bitcoin currency,and bitcoin value will increase to thousands of dollars

trillions, but the value of the dollar would be meaningless at that point. A loaf of bread would be millions of dollars.
Pages:
Jump to: