Pages:
Author

Topic: What is a bitcoin REALLY worth? - page 2. (Read 1430 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0
July 02, 2018, 10:45:21 AM
The value of bitcoin will always depend on Supply and Demand. as all things are. the stability of value may only happeen if it will be regulated, which is for me, a very small chance of happening/
Activity: 512
Merit: 250
ICO is evil
July 02, 2018, 04:28:54 AM
I think that most simply are afraid to invest in bitcoin because of the low price on the market. Since the price falls without raising. Short-term raise does not encourage people to invest even 100$. But you need to study the market and try if you want to get profit even in this situation.
Activity: 353
Merit: 12
July 01, 2018, 11:56:04 PM
I see the whole thing that has been going on all year with the price of bitcoin, and how it was from way back when it started.

And I have to wonder, when will it end?  Will it keep going up and up, will it level off, or will it just one day suddenly crash and burn like HilLIARy Clinton on election day 11/8/16?

What sets the price?  How do we determine the price?  As near as I can tell, we get our belief of price from the exchanges.  The exchanges say a btc was worth 3000 last month, 5000 last week, 7000 today, etc, and we all just blindly go along with it and base our transactions off of that.  That's how many US Dollars you can get for a bitcoin, and really, what else matters?  Btc could be a million dollars or ONE DOLLAR tomorrow, and everyone would just be going "well, that's the exchange price".  And if that's the amount of money you can convert your bitcoins to dollars for, then that is it.  The exchange won't give you more.  A private buyer you meet in person won't give you more.

With institutional money, bitcoin futures, and hedge funds starting to invest in bitcoin, I think that'll bring more stability and a future to high bitcoin prices.  But we are still dealing with an intangible asset that exists only in computers, so there's no real reason to support these high prices other than "Well, that's what you can buy them for on the exchanges".  Or "That's what the futures market / hedge fund prices them at".  It is BELIEF of the price, and nothing else.  At least with a bar of gold, you can do something with it, no matter what its price is.

Will btc be around for a long time at big money, or will they be the Beanie Babies of 2018?

Will Antminer S9's still be sold on ebay for over $3000 by greedy bastards who were able to place large orders with Bitmain and are now simply reselling them for sheer profit?  Or will used S9's be going for $300 a year from now?

It seems that most of you don't remember me, or were not here in 2013 / 2014.  I repeatedly warned people over and over not to buy ASICs based on the btc price at the time.  And I was 100% correct in my assertions.  And even in 2015 - 2016, I was still correct that ASICs were a bad investment.  It was only with the huge rise in bitcoin prices this year that significant profits could finally be made, but where and when will it end?  Banks are beginning to understand the concept of the blockchain and how it can make their transactions more secure, but that means nothing for the price of bitcoin or any other coin.  Banks don't need any coin to be successful to implement the blockchain idea in their own transaction histories.

People say that bitcoin can replace cash.  Well, I wouldn't go that far.  I see bitcoin as a way to get more money, more US Dollars.  True, a piece of paper may not have much other than the US government backing it, but that's better than a group of coin exchanges, mostly based in other countries saying what my coins are worth.  Gemini is the only licensed, regulated, US based exchange that I would trust.

So what's in store for bitcoin prices in 2018?  And the question that should be placed above all others is, "How much money can I (and I mean ME, not you) get out of bitcoin?".

Bitcoin is given a chance to people become rich or to make their life become comfortable, no obligation to make a big volume of fund for investment this is universal business through digital virtual currency rich or poor are accepted. but before we go into bitcoin era we need to learned enough about bitcoin and enough research the advantage and disadvantage of bitcoin.
Activity: 32
July 01, 2018, 11:10:09 PM
Bitcoin has a huge value and it will not change as Blockchain brings it. This is the technology of the times
Activity: 336
Merit: 52
July 01, 2018, 10:18:33 PM
For what bitcoin could offer us in the long term I think that the price is more or less fair at the moment, the values of the last December were way too high... In the future it should keep increasing its value depending on the adoption level.
Activity: 192
Merit: 3
July 01, 2018, 08:37:45 PM
For me,bitcoin is really worth because of,it can give a great opportunities to everyone to have an additional income,and will have a chance to change their daily living status. Likewise,those houswives who want to help their husbands to earn additional income,they can do this even they're staying at their home,while taking a good care with their childrens.
Activity: 749
Merit: 502
June 28, 2018, 02:52:20 AM
I often read crypto related news in the morning. You know what Nobel economics prize winner Robert Shiller said? He says that crypto in general is a bubble (personally I DON'T think so) and bitcoin too. But besides being a bubble, according to Shiller, it is a great social movement that has no geographical or generational borders. Also he says that it's not going to worth zero.
To my mind, in the world that is a global village now, 'social movement' worth much.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
June 28, 2018, 02:40:49 AM
The price of bitcoin is and will be a problem for all of us. On the one hand, the price of bitcoin is not constant and depends on the supply and demand for it on the market. It's right. But on the other hand, people create speculative demand for bitcoin, which is not confirmed by anything and is clearly incommensurable with its real price. Can not one digital currency with the worst characteristics cost thousands of times more expensive than much better other digital coins. This is absurd. However, this reality and this reality in the long-range can create a crypto currency a serious problem.Bitcoin could be worth millions, but as of this time, I don't find it useful due to the expensive fees. I'm just parking my coins in my wallet for now and trying to avoid making payments with it.
Activity: 36
June 28, 2018, 01:16:25 AM
As we all know bitcoin is one the safest and first cryptocurrency and the 1bit is nearly around $ 93000 and the most important thing Bitcoin doesnt have a price stability it depends on the movement of the market.
Activity: 84
June 28, 2018, 01:09:48 AM
It is very high value in this market, the market will determine its price. The advantage of Bitcoin is that there is a limit on the amount of coins that will be produced, so the supply and demand principles will take effect.
Activity: 364
June 27, 2018, 03:52:48 PM
The price of bitcoin as well as the price of any other product mainly depends on supply and demand, it is very unstable and it is very difficult to guess it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
June 23, 2018, 11:44:44 AM
We all know that the bitcoin is most popular cryptocurrency in digital world so for me bitcoin was worth because 10000 USD it means bitcoin is high value that's why many people want to buy and pay bitcoin.
Activity: 279
June 13, 2018, 01:26:49 PM
one of the analysts of the Morgan Stanley bank, James Fawcett and his team conducted a study, which resulted in the zero cost of bitcoin. The reason for this is the lack of an interest rate. it turned out, everything is very simple.
Activity: 245
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
June 13, 2018, 12:36:44 PM
The value of bitcoin is determined by how desperate are the people,who want to buy bitcoins. Grin
Other people are talking about supply and demand.They are right,but i have other point of view.
If there was only one buyer of the entire btc market and that buyer is willing to pay 1 million US dollars for one bitcoin,the market price of one btc would be 1M USD.Sound`s crazy ,but it`s true.
It`s like buying a rare painting.Some buyers are willing to pay 100$ ,others are ready to pay 10 million USD.
Yeah, you have a good point. Supply and demand is one of the factors that may affects the price of the bitcoin and other cryotocurrency. Just like what you have been said if the demand is vey high then probably its price will start to grow and vice versa.
Activity: 171
June 13, 2018, 12:36:38 PM
i think Worth of bitcoin is helps me and every one to earn much money and bitcoin is a symbol of a easy way to earn money and it will change the economy with low rates of economy.The bitcoin is a great opportunity for people like me and other people who know it to earn a huge amount of money.Bitcoin worth is granted by God for us to gather and to work on this matter to get out of the hardships of life and I believe that Bitcoin is worth the cost of acquisition but aspects like utility value, the potential for growth increase the price of it along with the demand and supply scenario from the market
Activity: 69
June 13, 2018, 12:32:23 PM
what you want is what it worth. people would like to use btc as currency, so its real value depends on willingness or belief of most people.
Activity: 77
June 13, 2018, 08:22:18 AM
Bitcoin is just like a gold that is valuable
Activity: 140
June 13, 2018, 08:21:41 AM
I see bitcoin as a store of significant worth. The banks can without much of a stretch make their own particular coins, which will occur sooner rather than later. Be that as it may, I accept there is put for bitcoin nearby the new monetary standards of national banks. A decentralized store of significant worth in which you can securely set aside your investment funds. We have found in nations that don't have a steady cash they frequently store their riches in bitcoin. Bitcoin will supplant gold later on.
Activity: 21
June 13, 2018, 08:05:43 AM
Bitcoin is most popular crypto currency in digital world. So the number of people who want to invest in bitcoin increases, so as the bitcoin price.
Activity: 490
June 13, 2018, 07:45:51 AM
The price or the worth of bitcoin depends really on the supply and demand, supply is unquestionably scarce so it really dictates the price because of limited supply however if or despite its scarcity if the demand is very low, the price will not go that far, thats economic principle, and for now i really dont see a phenominal usecase for bitcoin such as micropayments usage contracts, etc... but im positive itll come out soon
Pages:
Jump to: