Pages:
Author

Topic: What is better - cryptocurrency trading or investing? - page 17. (Read 4351 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
I have been a day trader but want to know if it’s a good idea to hold bitcoin for long, whether it will be more profitable?
It is better to set a goal to sell and hold bitcoin in the long term because trading requires experience and learning and if you trade and you are a beginner, there is a possibility of losing your coins, There are YouTube channels and sites that will help you learn to trade, but I see that investing does not require anything but a review of the market first and this will be the best choice for you.
Activity: 200
Merit: 11
btc can grow in price but we dont know when it will happen and it could not grow continously but downs can be experience sometimes .
this could hold back your gains as a holder but if your trading,  you can take advantage on this situation and you can fasten up your earnings but holding is never been a bad idea .
  it was recomended for all because of how easy and safe it was.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 115
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
if you want to invest well in bitcoin / others coins then buy as much as possible when the price dips.  it's always DWYOR.  An investor certainly doesn't want to think about things like indicators.  Investors are only people who have large capital and are looking for profits.  Becoming a trader is the right thing when the bitcoin price is stable.  if bitcoin is being dumped then you should do a limit order of -10% to -30% .  patiently waiting for it to be executed.  it's better that you don't get coins than you lose money.
For an investor, I don't think you need a stop loss, because it aims for the long term, until the coin records and forms a new ATH. it is different with trading, in my opinion stoploss is a tool that must be used because we will not allow floating minus to last long, especially for day traders.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
United Crowd
if you want to invest well in bitcoin / others coins then buy as much as possible when the price dips.  it's always DWYOR.  An investor certainly doesn't want to think about things like indicators.  Investors are only people who have large capital and are looking for profits.  Becoming a trader is the right thing when the bitcoin price is stable.  if bitcoin is being dumped then you should do a limit order of -10% to -30% .  patiently waiting for it to be executed.  it's better that you don't get coins than you lose money.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 304
kycfree
There is no certain belief about this actually. People who have a lot of experience in day trading can claim that it is the best way. And HODLers who have invested a lot so far and make a great profit can claim that it is the best one. But these are both opinions of course. It's up to you to choose the best one for you by trying out both of these ways.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
both are equally good, where you trade daily you get profits and some of your profits are invested for the long term, be a multifunctional person, being able to trade is an option.  and investing is an obligation
I'm not so sure that I agree with the statement that both are equally good, you can earn money with both strategies but it is widely known that trading is more profitable than investing, the issue is that the difficulty level is way higher as well and as such the majority of people do not have what is necessary for them to become profitable traders, and because of this many decide to become investors which is still difficult and it is not easy at all to make profits but at least it is easier than trading.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213
Investing is for everyone, whereas trading is for users who have developed themselves through continuous learning and experimenting. The term 'investing' on cryptocurrency is similar to buying and holding it on a secure wallet. Investing is risk free whereas trading requires separate knowledge. Invest and don't let the fund be accumulated for a long. Inbetween we'll get opportunity which needs to be used to sell and buy it back generating good profit.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 257
Chainjoes.com
I prefer to invest than trade where I often feel pressured when the coins I have are sold an  price a coin go high
if i invest i just  wait for the right time  when i take profit without any stress
Activity: 1260
Merit: 510
salute to you, being able to trade daily, I may be the type of person who is impatient, so I'm better off investing, and looking for capital from following the bounty on this forum and I bought bitcoin, it's true that a trader needs patience and thoroughness
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
█ J A X N E T W O R K █
Personally, investing seems to be better, long-term investment, I have more time for my family such as taking care of children, cooking, doing housework, investing makes me more comfortable, less pressured is transaction
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
For trading and investing each have advantages, disadvantages, characteristics, and mechanisms. Investment should be made based on current capabilities and situation because if you push yourself too much to get big profits in a short time, it will be detrimental and give you a high burden.
There are people that are new to investing but despite the bad situation that they've got and with the little investing capital that they have, they're managing to grow it a little by little.

The situation is really a struggle for every one of us but that shouldn't be the reason for one to stop investing.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 908
I think you buying and holding bitcoin for a long time will definitely be better than trading, but seriously am not saying trading is a option the only thing I notice is that in Cryptocurrency I believe everybody has his/her own format I believe you should always do anything that work's for you because what works for me might not work for you. Before you can buy and hold any coin I believe you will have a lot's of patience because if you don't have patience you might endup selling your coin at lost which is very bad. But a day trader don't really have to hold there coins for a long time. Am a investor and I believe in that because I really make my money from investing.
Activity: 54
Merit: 5
I am an investor, but I also occasionally do some transactions. Who doesn't want to have more money?
You can invest in valuable long-term cryptocurrencies, and you can learn about meme coins in your spare time, because this is a relatively large increase, and often high returns are accompanied by high risks.
You must first understand the currency market and don't invest blindly.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 530
Tastes differ.
It depends on what goals you want to achieve and how much money you are ready to invest and for how long. These questions should be answered in order to understand waht is better for you: trading or investing.
Investing is usually made for a really long time. Some people invest in order to have much money after retirement, others invest in order to afford their children go to college, some people don't like high volatility which is a characteristic feature of cryptos and they want to invest their money in order to keep it safe. There are plenty of other reasons but they are all united by a long planning horizon. Investing presupposes keeping the stocks for 10-20 years, even more. The advantage of investing is that you don't need to check your portfolio every day, you can just reallocate the assets twice a year.
As for trading cryptos, there are a lot of different risks like above mentioned high volatility. You'd better to close the deals fast in order not to lose all the money because it is hard to predict the long-term movement of cryptos' prices. If you need to make some money in a relatively short period of time, cryptos are more suitable for this goal than investing. If you want to preserve your money and make huge profits in the period of 20 years, you'd better invest in stocks or invest in real-estate.

I am a newbie trader and investor ar the same time of cryptocurrency but I am already a long time member of this forum. Yeah, sounds silly because I just knew cryptocurrency long time ago but recently I decided to myself to trade but later on it turns out a trading and investment at the same time. How do I do it? At first its just a terial on the token I choose to trade and after 2 weeks the token get hype and I take my profit now I my wallet with a x5 of my principal, and yet the token value keep on climbing and this is where my investment I guess started.
Activity: 882
Merit: 253
If you're not knowledgeable in trading, trading is good for you. But you must also hold a certain part of your investment for savings. You earn profit in trading but there is also a possibility that your long term investment may earn. It is therefore a win-win situation for you. With trading, if your capital is small your return is also small.

The risk in trading is high because cryptocurrency is very volatile so you should carefully study the fundamentals and technical analysis of a cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
both are equally good, where you trade daily you get profits and some of your profits are invested for the long term, be a multifunctional person, being able to trade is an option.  and investing is an obligation
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
I have been a day trader but want to know if it’s a good idea to hold bitcoin for long, whether it will be more profitable?

Depends but like what I previously mentioned to questions like this one, beginner day traders lose 97% of their investment and only 3% earn as much as a bank teller. If you aim for long-term, I highly suggest that you focus on investing than trading.

Remember that day trading can be profitable but the risks are so high that a beginner trader may put himself in a lot of risks. If you have any prior experience as to trading, then you can do both trading and investing at the same time. But if you have no knowledge or anything whatsoever in trading, then I highly suggest that you HODL for long-term than day trading.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
It's not a bad thing to hold bitcoin for the long term. Especially in the class of bitcoin, which maybe we already know what it's like all this time. Since bitcoin was founded until now bitcoin has shown that it deserves to be the best coin so far. We hope the future of bitcoin will be better in the future. Hopefully other coins will also follow suit. So don't hesitate to keep your bitcoin long term.

Agree, but continue to trade while holding bitcoin. Holding a bitcoin takes time, but you're not doing anything but watching the price, so while you're waiting for the price to rise, do some trading if you have some spare cash. Though both are risky, holding a bitcoin has a better chance of yielding a large profit. However, the decision is yours; this is simply my opinion.
That's good advice and I'm sure people who have been here for a long time will definitely do that,
when holding bitcoin of course it takes a long time because bitcoin is good for long term investment,
so if at the time of holding we do nothing I think it is very unfortunate because after all we can take profit of making trades
Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
It's not a bad thing to hold bitcoin for the long term. Especially in the class of bitcoin, which maybe we already know what it's like all this time. Since bitcoin was founded until now bitcoin has shown that it deserves to be the best coin so far. We hope the future of bitcoin will be better in the future. Hopefully other coins will also follow suit. So don't hesitate to keep your bitcoin long term.

Agree, but continue to trade while holding bitcoin. Holding a bitcoin takes time, but you're not doing anything but watching the price, so while you're waiting for the price to rise, do some trading if you have some spare cash. Though both are risky, holding a bitcoin has a better chance of yielding a large profit. However, the decision is yours; this is simply my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 2563
LE ☮︎ Halving es la purga
It is not about justifying that it is better, it is about understanding and adapting. The bitcoin has had a winning band between $ 30k and $ 35K although for some it was a great tragedy, but there are traders who obtain profits sometimes the sum of these gains has a positive impact on their assets, so much so that they double their investment.

To do this requires time and experience, also seasons, intuition, the trader as the main means of income leaves a lot of profit but it is not for everyone, just as you are able to be happy for winning a bitcoin you must be able to maintain the balls so you don't cry when you lose 2 bitcoin, the only thing you know is that you are going to get it back, it's a job to build bankroll, build emotions, every day ...

... it's complicated, that's why some do it sporadically or just go hodl, that is, there is no time to start selling the art. If bitcoin were a valuable painting, many can only appreciate her beauty by hanging the painting in the living room of her house (hodl)

Not because you have a Picasso painting you have to start selling his works.

I have already mentioned this example on other occasions, but I just like the art that is on Bitcoin and Picasso.
Pages:
Jump to: