Pages:
Author

Topic: What is better - cryptocurrency trading or investing? - page 20. (Read 4351 times)

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058
I have been a day trader but want to know if it’s a good idea to hold bitcoin for long, whether it will be more profitable?
If there is one topic that has been discussed the most in this community, it must be "Investing vs Trading" or "Trading vs Holding" and even today we don't have an undisputed outright winner. According to me, investing is a much better and safer option than trading especially in crypto because the market can swing in any direction but because the scarcity factor is always there, the value in the long term is only going to get bigger.

It also depends on the individual, if one is good at fundamental analysis they must look to invest generally while if one has a good ability to read charts and analyze technically, they should always trade.

Overall, if you analyze though, the one who invested $100 worth in BTC at around 2010, and holds them now must be more profitable than a trader trading the same $100 worth of coins again and again and chances are high that he might have lost hem to panic selling.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Investing it is for me, trading is a time consuming and challenging thing which is not for everyone unlike investment,  for anyone to be a successful trader requires understanding all the details in trading not to loss money while investing don't require any rigorous learning, just buy any suitable coin for long or short term and you will be fine, plus the risk of losing your funds is much higher trading than just invest and hodl.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
For trading, you can use any good pairs but none I can recommend.

When you are trading, I think that coin who is suitable for trading is the hype coin. That means when you are guess the coin is potential to be hype, you should have to own it then you can sell for several times later. Based on what kind the trader you are, are you trader for minutes term, hours term, daily term, even weekly term.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
If you invest for long term in crypto-currency market, then you should invest few coins which I also invest such as- eth, xrp, dogecoin, cake and youcash. I also invest few coins for long term such as- bitcoincash, Ethereum classic and Ampey coin.
I don't know if you are just saying it or actually mean it.

I mean if someone asks me what are two of the most worthless known coins, I would have named DOGE & XRP from an investing point of view. I cannot imagine someone is holding dogecoins which is obviously being pumped and such pumps cannot last forever. Xrp is good but because of them having problems with SEC, I don't want to invest in Ripple.

For me, the coins worth investing for the future are: BTC, ETH, BNB, DOT and SOL

For trading, you can use any good pairs but none I can recommend.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 402
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
It varies depending on people's aims. For example, I choose to invest into coins for a long time. So, I prefer to HODL the most. But some people like to get daily profit and they prefer daily trading. But I don't think that daily trading is really a good choice if you don't have too much money. It should be worth your time in the end. And there are some other people who choose to invest for a short term like a few months, weeks etc. . And I can't say that one is always better than the others. It changes all the time.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I have been a day trader but want to know if it’s a good idea to hold bitcoin for long, whether it will be more profitable?

Trading requires a lot of time online and every day I can only be online for about 2 hours, with limited time making me prefer investing than trading, I will choose coins that have the potential to skyrocket at least 10 times a year and there are some that work.

that's exactly what our problems are when we have limited time online. although you could just set it up to bid/sell orders after analyzing the market. it's just not enough though because the market is just very unpredictable. it's one reason i'm just holding BTC when the market gets unpredictable like where we are at today. I could either go up or down abruptly. just holding is the best option when you only have limited time online or better yet move it to stablecoin.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

Trading requires a lot of time online and every day I can only be online for about 2 hours, with limited time making me prefer investing than trading, I will choose coins that have the potential to skyrocket at least 10 times a year and there are some that work.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Depends on your goal and risk tolerance, if you have a long-term goal and a low risk tolerance, you might just try to invest and park that money for years and wait for it to go up and enjoy the profits, if you are on the short-term and high risk then trading might be a good thing for you.
Activity: 116
Merit: 23
I think investment will be better than trading, but you have to choose your own according to the specific situation. For example, Bitcoin in cryptocurrency is relatively safe and valuable. People prefer to invest in Bitcoin, which is less risky compared to other cryptocurrencies, and its quantity is limited and scarce, the increase in people's demand makes it more valuable. Long-term holding of Bitcoin will make more profits.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

I think day traders are better things than long term investment, there will be many new things that we will know if we become daily traders, even though we get a little profit of course it is better than waiting for a long time and there is no guarantee of profit.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
BTC has great investment value, and the price/performance ratio is also extremely high. You can buy it when Bitcoin is in a relatively low position. I am also a fan of Bitcoin, and I have obtained great returns in the crypto market. If you feel that you have the patience to hold BTC for a long time, you can choose to hold it for a long time because it will be more profitable, but you want For daily transactions, you can choose additional altcoins.
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
Basically, both are worth doing, it depends on the time you devote to all your activities if you have enough time.. what's wrong with doing both, it will be more interesting and more profitable.
About holding bitcoin in the long term, of course it can still provide a high chance of making a profit, long term investment and trading have different sides, each has its own advantages related to the time you go about your daily activities.
Activity: 980
Merit: 12
It's hard to say which is better than the other one. Both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. I haven't tried daily trading yet. But I know that it's really a tiresome work to do. Because you should check the market very often within the day and make your moves according to the movements.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
For people who are trying to earn from Bitcoin every day then he will apply trading in pursuit of profit. In a number of cases, there are people who are trying to make the Bitcoin market a living (trading for living). With the time he has, the trader can follow bitcoin price movements from second to second, minute to minute. This of course is not suitable, say for workers who have other activities during exchange hours.

On the other hand, there are people who are relatively relaxed in pursuing profits, namely by investing. These investors do not pay attention to daily stock price fluctuations because the shares they own are held for a long period of time (several years) until the price is reached according to their financial goals.

Which one is better? Neither trading nor investing is suitable for some people and not suitable for others. Whatever the choice of a suitable and convenient way for Bitcoin market participants, the important (and not easy) thing is consistency in making profits.

In the end it depends on peoples goals when deciding to enter the crypto world, there are people who do make trading their main job, so they need
to make profit every day from trading. So they have to really spend their time every day monitoring the market, because they need to take
advantage of the volatile prices in crypto to make a profit. Then there are those who make crypto a long term investment, all they need to do is
buy routine crypto and hold until they reach the target they want to achieve, long term investments in crypto don't need to monitor the market
every day. I think both trading and investment are very good, but perhaps trading is a little riskier than investing. Because we need good experience
and knowledge to be successful in trading, I prefer investment, because I think it is safer to do and doesn't take up much of our time.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 329
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
it all depends on you, if you want to be serious about day trading then learn more deeply...

being a day trader or being a holder each person has different reasons, both are profitable as long as you keep selling at a higher price when you bought. I now prefer to be a holder because I don't have much time to become a day trader.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 256
For people who are trying to earn from Bitcoin every day then he will apply trading in pursuit of profit. In a number of cases, there are people who are trying to make the Bitcoin market a living (trading for living). With the time he has, the trader can follow bitcoin price movements from second to second, minute to minute. This of course is not suitable, say for workers who have other activities during exchange hours.

On the other hand, there are people who are relatively relaxed in pursuing profits, namely by investing. These investors do not pay attention to daily stock price fluctuations because the shares they own are held for a long period of time (several years) until the price is reached according to their financial goals.

Which one is better? Neither trading nor investing is suitable for some people and not suitable for others. Whatever the choice of a suitable and convenient way for Bitcoin market participants, the important (and not easy) thing is consistency in making profits.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
There is possibility that BTC will taste 10k again because there will surely be more bad news and the aim is dragging BTC down as far as possible just to buy cheap, BTC is what anyone can buy and hold with peace of mind, as for trading you need to learn and learn again it's a good way of earning passive income if you can come up with a good strategy
Activity: 327
Merit: 12
actually it comes back to what we want to do. because basically everyone is targeting differently. there is a target for his old age and there is also a target for his daily life and that applies to people who invest long term and day traders.
If you want to ask whether it is better for long-term investment than for day traders, actually we should be able to see the consequences of both first. Many people become day traders because basically they already understand how to scalp and how to determine positions both in buying and selling, so they can minimize losses. but this of course takes a process like we do research, we look at Chandra and the paint that is there and understand the situation that occurs when they trade and that of course takes a very long time and if you make this decision you should at least a day it should check the candles and related prices up or down. but if you want to do it in the long term you have to be prepared to be patient in holding your coins because basically people who invest in the long term are already targeting at what price the coins will sell for.
it would be better if you trade and invest long term at the same time but you have to see which coin to trade first and which coin to invest in long term
Activity: 1176
Merit: 286
in my opinion , it depend of skills , if trader does not have any idea about trading , this mean investing is the good solution because , leverage is commonly believed to be high risk because it magnifies the potential profit or loss that a trade can make.investing by buying bitcoin for example and hold for long term 2 years at latest for make profit , generally most of traders making money from buying and hold , like gold
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
In my own interest, I think trading is much better as in Trading, you are required to get the necessary skill set which will help you and make you relevant in the cryptocurrency world, and apart from the exposure and experience it offers, there is an unlimited opportunity for you also to get and accumulate all the benefits and interest on the capital used. it is also necessary to state the importance of trading with them as they offer you the whole opportunity and chance again of knowing the trending which the trade is moving with and help reduces loss in the cryptocurrency market.
Pages:
Jump to: