Pages:
Author

Topic: What is real freedom in your view? Are you getting it? - page 5. (Read 10199 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 250
SURVIVE | P2E
Freedom for me is doing the things you want freely and living with your own will .
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
As for me Freedom is something when we live without any restrictions. Everyone has different view about freedom. Since we do have the right to fight to live as we wish, we also have the right to ask why we are denied of our freedom to live as we wish. I think freedom is much more than a right but a responsibility of the doing qhat is good which is not only good for you but to the entire society.
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
True freedom ?
Come here in the Philippines.

There's so much freedom that the people needs restriction
Here in this country people are higher than the law if they have $.

So I'd rather have a little of my freedom restricted than a country where everything is to free
There is certainly a case of Abuse of Power in your country then, and when that happens the rule of law doesn't work and thus it ends in absolute chaos. There must be a great deal of bribery and corruption there right?
Activity: 102
It's Me bikihabana

'Real freedom' is only an idea, a sought-after fantastical illusion of blissful paradise-like reality, but it does not exist, for no one, and never will.

If realistically (objectively) achieved, you would, imo, have to reach a state, a bit like the nirvana in buddhism, the idea here, also illusion:  a transcendent state in which there is neither suffering, desire, nor sense of self, and the subject is released from the effects of karma.

I am getting it, freedom is complete illusion. Forget about achieving it.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
True freedom ?
Come here in the Philippines.

There's so much freedom that the people needs restriction
Here in this country people are higher than the law if they have $.

So I'd rather have a little of my freedom restricted than a country where everything is to free
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Real freedom can be find only with God.
We have relative freedom and free will to do anything in our lives, even evil things, but such life will not makes us happy.
Only inside absolute God, absolute morals and laws, we can find absolute freedom, true love and joy.
We can see what happens when we separate from God.
Destruction of planet earth, wars, selfishness, evil, misery, political chaos, corruption etc.
Do you still want to live in such world, without God's love?
Activity: 308
Merit: 108
In my point of view, real freedom is when I am free from the wrong things that I have done. When I accepted Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, He has set me free because He is the truth. When He had forgiven me, my chains are broken and now, it's my turn to live for Him because He died for us. You never know true freedom unless you don't know Him.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Real freedom is where there are no restrictions whatever you do. It doesn't mean i will kill someone and it is called as freedom. I mean to say if i come late to home, nobody should ask me why i am late.
Activity: 112
In my own perspective, Freedom is not free nowadays. To have freedom you must bought it. But, If I were to dream. Real Freedom, is when you can freely speak and do what you want *Legally* w/o boundaries. Freedom to enjoy life without thinking of taxes, problems, and other shitty stuffs. Am I getting it? Somehow, I'm enjoying the freedom that Is allowed by our law.
Activity: 21
Real freedom can be defined depending on the person defining it.  In my case real freedom means not worrying about anything.  Freedom from economic burden.  Freedom is not just doing things freely but doing it with pleasure and joy. Nowadays many people don't enjoy real  freedom because they are tied up working more than 40 hours a week just to make ends meet.  With economic stability and sustainability one might achieve or experience real freedom.   Wink
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
Freedom is the absence of attachments, get up without an alarm clock and go to bed whenever you want, do what you like, when you want, lack of dependence or coercion from other people, knowledge of yourself and the world around you.
So true, this is what freedom is all about.
This is achievable once you reach financial freedom with a stable passive income or enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life. With that the world oipens up to you. You can do what you want, buy all the things you need and never worry about anything, but maybe health.
Once upon a time I was talking to a millionaire. So he told me that before to earn the first million, he thought it very difficult. After he got it he realized that the hardest part is not to make money, but to preserve and multiply their money. So even having anything people can't feel free.
Activity: 266
Doing whatever I want and saying whatever I want. Nobody can restrict me to be on a certain place, force me to do a certain thing or prevent me from saying whatever I want. I can do all of that, of course we have laws and punishments for breaking laws, but that has never bothered me has in have not intended to break a law.

Many people are concerned about privacy and feel surveillanced 24/7 by Windows/Facebook/Google etc. I don't really care about that. If they want to sell information about me, wohoo, I'm actually worth something! I don't care. And yes I feel I'm getting real freedom.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
What really freedom is ? Every morning when your get up think once do you really have freedom? You may be tied up with your job,family,college,university,school,problems in life. Undecided Then think once what really freedom will be? No tension, no fear in mind. That's the life we life we want to live ,don't we ? And we can make it possible. Live every day like its your last day on earth.
What is real freedom in your view? Huh Undecided
When we are talking about freedom, it is a very broad things to talk about it actually. Freedom in financial, freedom in choosing between good  or bad person, freedom to have your own family, freedom if you like to go to school, and freedom to have job local or international something like that. This was just my opinion about in freedom Cheesy

Or it could just be a state of mind. What your definition of freedom may differ from other's definition of it. Some consider themselves free because they live in a free and democratic country but are gravely in debt through banks or colleges. Some consider themselves free but are not happy with their lives. Makes you really think what really is freedom right?
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
Freedom is the absence of attachments, get up without an alarm clock and go to bed whenever you want, do what you like, when you want, lack of dependence or coercion from other people, knowledge of yourself and the world around you.
So true, this is what freedom is all about.
This is achievable once you reach financial freedom with a stable passive income or enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life. With that the world oipens up to you. You can do what you want, buy all the things you need and never worry about anything, but maybe health.
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
n sociology, the iron cage is a term coined by Max Weber for the increased rationalization inherent in social life, particularly in Western capitalist societies. The "iron cage" thus traps individuals in systems based purely on teleological efficiency, rational calculation and control. Weber also described the bureaucratization of social order as "the polar night of icy darkness".

The original German term is stahlhartes Gehäuse; this was translated into "iron cage", an expression made familiar to English language speakers by Talcott Parsons in his 1930 translation of Weber's The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism. This choice has been questioned recently by scholars who prefer the more direct translation: "shell as hard as steel".

Weber (in Parsons' translation) wrote:

In Baxter’s view the care for external goods should only lie on the shoulders of the 'saint like a light cloak, which can be thrown aside at any moment.' But fate decreed that the cloak should become an iron cage.

Weber states, “the course of development involves… the bringing in of calculation into the traditional brotherhood, displacing the old religious relationship.”

Thus collective efficiency kills personal freedoms.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
What really freedom is ? Every morning when your get up think once do you really have freedom? You may be tied up with your job,family,college,university,school,problems in life. Undecided Then think once what really freedom will be? No tension, no fear in mind. That's the life we life we want to live ,don't we ? And we can make it possible. Live every day like its your last day on earth.
When we are talking about freedom, it is a very broad things to talk about it actually. Freedom in financial, freedom in choosing between good  or bad person, freedom to have your own family, freedom if you like to go to school, and freedom to have job local or international something like that. This was just my opinion about in freedom Cheesy
Activity: 200

Real freedom is when you can do whatever you want and do no harm to anyone. So far it is not possible to achieve such an ideal result.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
People who want freedom do not really want freedom, but want to escape from a bond to other bonds. Like someone who wants freedom not to be tied to school, university, work .. they actually do not want freedom but want to get away from it. So the real freedom in my view is responsible freedom. For though one has the right to have freedom but one also has the responsibility to live well.
Activity: 994
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
Real freedom is a term coined by the political philosopher and economist Philippe Van Parijs. It expands upon notions of negative freedom by incorporating not simply institutional or other constraints on a person's choices, but also the requirements of physical reality, resources and personal capacity. To have real freedom, according to Van Parjis, an individual must:

1. not be prevented from acting on their will (i.e. they must have traditional negative freedom); and
2. possess the resources or capacities actually to carry out their will.
Activity: 19
Real freedom means doing what you want to do, doing it without restrictions, doing it with passion. Real freedom is being free to be alone sometimes and be who you really are. Freedom is being comfortable in anything. Freedom is self-control, I heard from a inspirational speaker, he said if you can control your mind then you can set it free and lastly freedom is being free from your own secrets and depression in life. Freedom is freedom and it will always be.
Pages:
Jump to: