Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the difference between Altcoin and Bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 797 times)

Activity: 189
Merit: 11
there is so many altcoins (everything else) like ETH or ripple , whereas bitcoin(BTC) is original and its the first cryptocurrency in this world.
The main advantages of Bitcoin are the network benefit effect and proven security. Both of these advantages are virtually insurmountable.

Bitcoin has a proven use case — storage of value. It is significant that most coins try to differ somehow from Bitcoin, so they offer less popular usage scenarios, including prediction markets, completely anonymous purchases or the addition of a decentralized name server.

Bitcoin is the leader in storing value among all altcoins, and for 8 years of its existence, it has not had a single failure. Bitcoin's security is much higher than that of Its younger counterparts

In addition, Bitcoin is much more affordable — more exchanges, more sellers, more SOFTWARE and more supported hardware. Bitcoin is much liquid in the volume considerably exceeding the volume of any alithina. Bitcoin has The largest ecosystem of developers with more SOFTWARE and implementations compared to altcoins. Bitcoin has more entrepreneurs investing their intelligence, desire and creativity in the development of The network.

By competing with Bitcoin, you compete not only with the largest user base, development team, and mining, but you also compete with The largest ecosystem of startups, open source projects, and entrepreneurs.
Activity: 264
Merit: 10
Bitcoin is a digital currency performed by cryptography, it used as payment system and storage. Altcoins are made next to bitcoin and I think it is a short term for alternative coin. They have the same usage but they are different in blockchain technology.
I will agree with that and for me the difference between altcoin and bitcoin was altcoin is a kind of alternative coins which supportive by the bitcoin.And for bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency which the value was different from altcoin because thia is the highest of all.
Activity: 630
Merit: 24
The difference between altcoin and bitcoin is very big,Altcoin means alternative of Bitcoin,but for me ethereum is not alternative,because it has a lot of and very different abilities,bitcoin is created to use as a payment system and its a good and unique accumulation system. as all we know ethereum is a very different from this,for me its like an artificial intelligence and not payment system,its abilities are very big,despite the fact it doesn't mean that bitcoin can't have the same abilities but it would be nonsense because it was created for people who have relationships with banks to transfer their big amount funds.anyway logically there are a big difference.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
A few issues in the bitcoin system that needed improvement gave rise to alternative bitcoins or altcoins that worked on improving the shortcomings of the bitcoin. This is one explanation, but the truth i feel is altcoins cropped up after bitcoin because of its popularity, viability and future value.
Activity: 176
Merit: 12
Bitcoin is leader in crypto world it is peer to peer technology based on block chain,While altcoins are part of it and created by different alogrothim programming.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 586
Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency in this world and altcoin is the cryptocurrency created after the 1st cryptocurrency Smiley). I think this is the easiest way to understand about it Smiley. All cryptocurrencies created after Bitcoin are altcoin and for now we have one more cryptocurrency named "token", it's cryptocurrency created base on other cryptocurrency blockchain.
Altcoin and bitcoin are totally different in value, prcie, popularity and quality but even there are not the same in many aspect, each one of them are really worth it beside bitcoin or altcoin both of them are profitable. But since bitcoin is the first created cryptocurrency many people are still believe to and trusted.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency in this world and altcoin is the cryptocurrency created after the 1st cryptocurrency Smiley). I think this is the easiest way to understand about it Smiley. All cryptocurrencies created after Bitcoin are altcoin and for now we have one more cryptocurrency named "token", it's cryptocurrency created base on other cryptocurrency blockchain.
The difference between bitcoin and altcoin are there popularity, prices and value, bitcoin is much higher than to all altcoin, also it is much profitable and bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency because of its increasing value, higher demand of people but altcoin is also good coin too because you can also have profit from it and affordable.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
there is so many altcoins (everything else) like ETH or ripple , whereas bitcoin(BTC) is original and its the first cryptocurrency in this world.
Activity: 419
Merit: 100
In terms of making you earn some good amount of money, both these coins are really good as the ones who are investing in either of these are enjoying a very comfortable living. Other than this, bitcoin is primarily used for long term investment of money and the ones having bitcoin have plan of holding it for greater period of time. Whereas, the ones investing in altcoin are doing it for the sake of day trading.
Activity: 332
Bitcoin is the first coin that is created, whereas altcoin is an alternative coin such as ethereum, ripple, litecoin and others.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Activity: 182
The bitcoin is overbought and it's expensive. Bitcoin's prospects are good, but it's more of a standard for crypto currency and a good start for beginners. I do not invest in bitcoin. And would not buy. I will repeat
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
All crypto currencies which are not Bitcoin is considered Altcoins. Here Alt stands for Alternative. So they are alternative to bitcoins. Each alternative coins have different features and distinct from other coins.
Activity: 266
They are all cryptocurrencies. However, bitcoin is dominating the community and altcoins, are other coins aside from bitcoin. We can't deny the fact that it is the most popular and most trusted coin until now. However, we also acknowledged that Bitcoin is worthy of investment also, as long as you know how to choose the good one.
Bitcoin is expensive. Bitcoin's prospects are good, but it's more of a standard for crypto currency and a good start for beginners. I do not invest in bitcoin. And I do not advise
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
The origination of Cryptocurrencies that is the major source coin which is also the pioneer or actual primary coin is the BITCOIN while all other alternative coins generated based on Bitcoin existence on the same Block chain technology are ALTCOINS. Without Bitcoin, there can never be any Alernative coin whatsoever.
Activity: 51
Merit: 4
It's easy: BTC is like money, altcoins are like shares on a stock exchange.
BTC has only finansial purpose, alts convey new technological engineerings.
Besides from the spelling, what are the differences of bitcoin from altcoin. Thank you.
Bitcoin's prospects are good, but it's more of a standard for crypto currency and a good start for beginners. I do not invest in bitcoin. Among the altcoys, I'm interested in Cardstack, Databroker, singularity.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Well Bitcoin is the first cryprocurrency who appeared on the market and on its base other coins were created , those are called Altcoins.You noticed that Bitcoin has the highest price but the other altcoins start to risein price and they are trading much faster,they have a much bigger volatility and now the difference it's not as bigger as it was in the past but stil Bitcoin is Bitcoin and Altcoins are Altcoins.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Alt coin = alternate coin
Bitcoin was the first ever crypto currency invented, so every coin came in market is an alternate coin, we call them altcoin in short.
Right mate ,from the word itself you can find the meaning of altcoins means alternative coins for example Ripple,Litecoin,Dodecoin and so many more while Bitcoin was the first made digital coin in the crypto world. So every other coins will be called altcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: