Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the difference between Altcoin and Bitcoin? - page 8. (Read 797 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 15
Bitcoins is responsible for the invention of blockchain technology and have an alternative source of regular money and used for trading other money, goods or even services . Still it maintain a significant market share when it comes to cryptocurrencies while Altcoin run for its money, can invest very small amounts of cash and can choose the coins that you think have the best chance of long-term success.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I am surprised to see a member of this forum asking such a question. This is a very simple question and the answer is that bitcoin is the primary cryptocurrency while altcoins are basically alternate coins a.k.a alternate cryptocurrencies. Every altcoin is developed to fulfill a certain role just like bitcoin and the truth is that most altcoins are designed to rob people of their hard earned money which is why you need to do a lot of research before investing into any particular altcoin. Some of the popular altcoins are Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Dash coin etc.
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
Besides from the spelling, what are the differences of bitcoin from altcoin. Thank you.
The difference of bitcoin from altcoin was not only its higher value price but bitcoin will be directed or lets say the last step to convert with fiats.And for altcoin was composed of many cryptocoins listed below by bitcoin.This kind of cryptocurrency was different but only one purpose and that is to help to every bitcoiner like me in this forum activities.
Activity: 224
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
Besides from the spelling, what are the differences of bitcoin from altcoin. Thank you.

Altcoins are a generalized concept. There are of course a crypto currency, similar to bitcoin. Typically, such crypto-currencies have the same idea as bitcoin. But altcoin's are also with a different purpose and idea. There are a lot of them. Let us compare bitocoin and etherium for an example. Bitcoin claims the role of money. And the etherium is the platform for ICO.
Activity: 209
Merit: 10
altcoin is alternate coin, like some people create new coin to be success and hope can be like bitcoin. many altcoin crash and fall not like bitcoin.
bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency. as we can see in the market bitcoin always lead the price.
Activity: 779
Merit: 250
Bitcoin are the first digital currency that made. Then the alternative coin is next to bitcoin. Also bitcoin is used to many sites but not the alternative coin. It is more valuable and reliable in them. Also the price of bitcoin is very high if you cmpare the price in the alternatove coins. Bitcoin is more fluctuating state compare to the altcoin
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Bitcoin is the “original” cryptocurrency and ultimately responsible for the invention of blockchain technology. It basically was (and still is) a beta test of the technology, and it doesn't actually work all that well.
Activity: 360

Basically, bitcoin was the original one to be generated, it is one of the oldest cryptocurrency. Altcoin were originally created to overpower bitcoin because people believe that people should have an alternative other than bitcoin, thus naming it alt + coin. That's what I know and it is what I heard from people that I know.  Grin
Activity: 14
All Coins except Bitcoin are Altcoins and Bitcoin is the starting of a cryptocurrency platform just like the base of cryptocurrency world.
Activity: 979
Merit: 258
Bitcoin is oldest and the firat cryptocurrency that made. So it is precious to others because bitcoi  is lived for long years. There are many difference between the alternative coin and bitcoin. In the price, we see the price between the bitcoin and altcoin are very big differences. Also in being stablize. So it means that the bitcoin are more valuable than altcoins
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
the difference is that bitcoin is what you first heard about and brought you here and possibly even interested you in the whole thing. and altcoins are those that you heard some time after you got involved with bitcoin and you found them because you were looking for making a lot of profit and they were getting pumped. Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
All coins are called altcoins except the BTC that was the pioneer to enter in this market.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
In fact, there is no difference, it's just a well-established name, because bitcoin appeared first, and all other crypto-currencies did not bring any more technologies, such as blockchain, because this technology brought bitcoin
Activity: 200
Altcoins are alternate coins while bitcoin is the first ever made coin. Bitcoin is way more valuable than any altcoins.
Altcoins are many like eth, dogecoin etc. bitcoin is much better than any other coins. So I suggest you focus more on bitcoin.
Activity: 141
Merit: 2
Bitcoin comes first before altcoins. As of now bitcoin is much superior compared to altcoin. It is more famous than altcoin.  There is also difference in earnings. Bitcoin takes longer period of time before your investments gets profits. Altcoins only takes short period of time to earn but smaller than bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 1568
Bitcoin is the first crypto currency and the demand of the bitcoin is all over the world. Altcoin is just part of bitcoin because all crypto currency depends on bitcoin.
Activity: 77
Alt coin = alternate coin
Bitcoin was the first ever crypto currency invented, so every coin came in market is an alternate coin, we call them altcoin in short.

Owww so that's why its ALTcoin. Thank you very much.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
isn't it already too obvious?
the name is the definition already! altcoins, alternative coins or in other words alternative coins to bitcoin. anything that is not bit coin is called altcoins.

they are all based on the same technologies more or less. i'd say about 85% to 90% of them are useless junk or pure copycats which shouldn't even be alive. and the rest are interesting ideas that has remained "ideas" so far without any real world applications yet.

at least bitcoin is an actual currency that people actually use. even if it is on a small scale now.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
BITCOIN is the world's first crypto currency created by Satoshi nakamoto in 2009

Altcoin is another coin apart from BITCOIN which is very much like Ethereum, waves and DASH
Activity: 1456
Merit: 567
Bitcoin was used to be a currency , but I think now it has become a store of value.
Its not backed by real business but it has the largest share of crypto market.

And altcoin,
Some of altcoin are backed by a real company and maybe more valuable than bitcoin, but its not as popular as bitcoin yet.
Pages:
Jump to: