Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the difference between Altcoin and Bitcoin? - page 9. (Read 797 times)

Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Bitcoin is the main coin of the cryptocurrencies and those altcoins are like modified, fork coin and aspiring coins that has their own use. Like in world's economy of currencies, dollar is on the main stage while other countries currency are just following the market of USD.
Bitcoin is like USD.
Altcoin is like other currencies from different countries.
Activity: 616
Merit: 10
Bitcoin is a digital currency performed by cryptography, it used as payment system and storage. Altcoins are made next to bitcoin and I think it is a short term for alternative coin. They have the same usage but they are different in blockchain technology.
Activity: 1458
Merit: 509
Besides from the spelling, what are the differences of bitcoin from altcoin. Thank you.
Altcoin was building from bitcoin protocol which means it looks an improvement version of bitcoin itself. I remember when litecoin was born from the bitcoin code. Someone was sharing bitcoin code and then the litecoin team and charlie lee made litecoin from there. But remember there will be more and more altcoin with a lot of improvements soon.
Bitcoin still becomes the main pegged value for altcoin.
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
FXPay.io
Besides from the spelling, what are the differences of bitcoin from altcoin. Thank you.
This question is very often discussed, I just want to add my knowledge.
Since the advent of bitcoin in 2009 made the cryptocurenccy experts compete to create another new coin that resembles such a bitcoin, this is what is called ALTCoin, where ALTCoin is moving according to the existing exchange rate of bitcoin, most people use ALTCoin as the fastest way to collect bitcoin.
Activity: 430
terra-credit.com
I think if bitcoin has become a digital currency that has become the center of everyone's investment, while altcoin is not all altcoin can be a good investment from the long term or short term.
Activity: 238
Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency. All coins who came after bitcoin are called Altcoins which means alternative coins. So its just a name, because all other coins are like bitcoin based on a blockchain. They have just some technically differences, like the blocksize or the time of transaction. Bitcoin was one of the first and thats why its actually so slow. Many altcoins who came later have bigger blocksize and fast transaction with lower fees.
Activity: 196
Merit: 14
I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

Bitcoin is the first Blockchain in the Market, it is the mother of all Cryptocurrencies. It is the first main architecture of Blockchain and developers are currently maintaining it's foundation to protect the network from attacks and hacks.
Altcoins are it's offspring and it is called Alternative coins - that is other coins and not Bitcoin, the source codes are 100% from Bitcoin's core code.

That's why people pud their trust and money into Blockchain because it is 100% transparent and reliable.

There are some valid answers for this comparison but I hope mine will do, straight from my understanding.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
Bitcoin is the foremost coin of all time. I think it is more precious than altcoins.
Altcoins has so many varieties as you would say it. There are eth, dogecoin, and many more.
Bitcoin has so much value than altcoins and it is harder to earn.
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
Alt coin = alternate coin
Bitcoin was the first ever crypto currency invented, so every coin came in market is an alternate coin, we call them altcoin in short.
Activity: 77
Pages:
Jump to: