Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the Worst Case Scenario for Bitcoin? - page 7. (Read 930 times)

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144
Diamond Hands 💎HODL
This is a known fact if the price goes up it will surely go down. What happens if the price of Bitcoin falls to $1000 in 2018, will this be considered as a Worst Case Scenario or something else?

I don't think it can be consider the worst. I believe the worst case  scenario is the total shut down of bitcoin. I think as long as there are people who support and uses bitcoin, prices may vary and continue to fluctuate. If bitcoin does not atleast develop and advance the system, it may result for its downfall. Some problems might also include bitcoin's might stop spreading and be acknowledge worlwide. I guess things might fall sometimes but it will rise again. Lol
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
This is a known fact if the price goes up it will surely go down. What happens if the price of Bitcoin falls to $1000 in 2018, will this be considered as a Worst Case Scenario or something else?

it would be if the people worldwide will start considering bitcoin not as money but as scam and joke.
yes I really agree with this
Activity: 1400
Merit: 273

The worst case will be much more tragic than that. The worst case scenario is when the entire Bitcoin market will crash down and there will be no more recovery to look forward to. But why would you be thinking of the worst case scenario? The worst case scenario will not happen in the next hundred years so I would not be thinking about it. I would rather look for the perfect buying price for my next trade.
Activity: 951
Merit: 250
I dont think there will be a worst case scenario for Bitcoin. Just take a look the number of marketcap of BTC compare 4yrs ago. We have a healthy price movement for Bitcoin so relax. Everything is just a consolidation.
Activity: 588
Merit: 541
Worst case scenario is in progress ever since they forked Bitcoin and called their alt coin Bitcoin cash, that's one of the scenarios

Though, another worst case scenario would be like they start buying and buying to pump the price up and then move their money

Into Bitcoin cash to say that Bitcoin wasn't good enough, now we've decided that Bitcoin cash is better, they have done this already.
Some stupid people believed that BCH is good, they have invested their money but they were fooled by shills. another worst case

Scenario would be for some government to buy every single Bitcoin available for sale on the market just to centralize the market.

They have done this as well. some of the other worst case scenarios is the fact that no one can buy Bitcoin anonymously, they can

Just mine it without giving out their identity.
Activity: 139
Merit: 10
The Future Of Work
The worst scenario of BTC might be not considering it as the decentralized money system. If BTC is being centralized by any means, people will lose faith and interest which they have for now. BTC is the king of crypto space, losing this crown would be the worst of the worst BTC had ever experienced.
Well, im not believe in that. The worst scenario of BTC is what is happenning right now. It is experiencing downfall and it is not good for holders.
Activity: 46
The worst scenario of BTC might be not considering it as the decentralized money system. If BTC is being centralized by any means, people will lose faith and interest which they have for now. BTC is the king of crypto space, losing this crown would be the worst of the worst BTC had ever experienced.
Activity: 258
BTC prices fell to $2000, the likelihood is the worst situation, should be now in the waves of the principle of wave B, if continue to fall, the possibility of a $2000 still has a lot of, so temporarily or judge BTC prices will continue to fall, if continue to fall, $2000 should be a good purchase price, so you just need to slowly waiting for
Activity: 294
I can't imagine if that happens, if bitcoin falls 100 $ bitcoin holders will panic and will sell it. all altcoins will fall, and many investors will withdraw their capital from the market exchange.
Activity: 30
Worst of all, Bitcoin can not keep up with 2017, Bitcoin is not just keeping its market price down but also if more people are involved in using it.
Activity: 168
A lot of people thinks the system of the bitcoin is a scam that's why they afraid to invest in the bitcoin and other companies afraid to adapt the system of the bitcoin. Sometime the people is a scammer not the bitcoin they use it  to scam others and to earn money in the wrong way.

I agree.Bitcoin is not a scam but it's the people who are doing scam activity for them to earn money in illegal way.Inveators should be vigilant now a days.The worst case scenario ob Bitcoin is when the price will dropped into $1000.
Activity: 458
it's true that bitcoin is a scenario, and with that price scenario or price bubble many people experience profits and losses in trading, and if bitcoin goes down to $ 1,000, it's the worst scenario.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 260
☆Gaget-Pack☆
The worst case scenario for Bitcoin? That's a really tough answer to give, as there are several determining factors that could easily spell the end for any crypto currencies. Here are a few that I can think of off of the top of my head.

1. Regulation: To many regulations can really hinder the blockchains innovation, severely crippling progress for growth, both economically and socially.
2. Tax: The governments can easily kill crypto simply by taxing it to death. No one would bother with using a useless medium as an investment vehicle.
3. Adoption: Bitcoin and other cryptos simply take a back seat, as a new medium that's backed by a central authority, one that the common man will trust. Unless crypto becomes easier to use, people will use something else, following the path of least resistance (mediums with simpler interfaces).
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069
The worst case scenario is when miners lose interest in mining bitcoin and we become vulnerable to  51% attack. Even if the price is high if there is no miners to protect the integrity of the blockchain, our  bitcoins will be useless. Price is just a reflection of how great the blockchain technology is. Even if the price falls but the technology is intact, it can recover.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
Worst case scenario for Bitcoin:

51 percent attack given that Bitmain holds the main mining consortiums.

An improbable scenario, more sci-fi, would be quantum cryptographic cracking of the Bitcoin system. But, would that, for instance, 'kidnap' Satoshi's first million coins, and transfer them indistinguishably to hidden wallets?!

In terms of the importance of continued mining for the vitality of the blockchain, Governments imposing a "Carbon Tax" on "environmentally polluting" mining activity; or totally banning mining like they banned ChloroFluoroCarbons (CFCs) because they caused the Ozone Hole that caused increases in skin cancer across the world. Some such excuse is readily available today, what with rampant climate change, and the like.

Worst case scenario for hodlers of Bitcoin:

Government levies tax on the mere possession of Bitcoin, and uses peak end-2017 20k valuation as the basis for taxation, regardless of when the holding actually took place.

But wait, the worst is yet to come!  How about that tax being a penal three hundred percent?!!

Activity: 373
Probably one of the worst decisions would be to ban cryptocurrency worldwidely, or if people would just lose all the interest for it and the price will be coming to 0. I think both of those options are possible.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Well though it would be disastrous for btc to go that low at this point in time, btc may still recover after that so that's probably not the worst that can happen. A lot of things can actually be a lot worse. Like hackers finding ways somehow to get into wallets and compromising them. Or governments entirely banning all crypto. Unlikely to happen but difinitely would make this market crash.
Activity: 26
When will you guys get the message? Banks don't want anything to do with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. Have you noticed that almost all of them are blocking crypto transactions via credit card? That's not adoption - it's the exact opposite of adoption.
Activity: 978
Well, the worst case scenario that might happen in the community of the Bitcoin is not just the keep of its downfall in the market price but also if no more people will engage in using this crypto currency. But I do not think that this will happen because Bitcoin all over other crypto currencies is the King of all that affects other crypto currencies too.
Activity: 63

At least if Bitcoin prices dropped until $1000 Bitcoins will still alive and can raise agaian
Obviously worst scenario for Bitcoin is no one use this crypto currency again.
Pages:
Jump to: