Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the Worst Case Scenario for Bitcoin? - page 8. (Read 930 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 266
The worst case scenario for BTC already happened in my opinion, having the whole world attention when reached ATH 20k then fall back that much was a huge downside for BTC . I know that is not new to BTC but from NOV 2017 to FEB 2018 a lot of people from outside crypto space was watching Bitcoin closely  in a way that never happened before . Anyone that was attacking BTC is now have a proof to backup his claim about BTC ( whatever it was ) . But anyway I think BTC is already recovering from what happened , recovering does not have to mean recovering in price .
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
 The thing is that there are so many HODLers now that if it dropped dramatically, we'd all swoop and increase the demand again.
 Government regulation is probably the only worst case scenario I'm worried about long term. And I hope that's not an issue under a republican administration, they're usually a bit more restrained in expanding government regulation to new territories.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
This is a known fact if the price goes up it will surely go down.
if this statement were true then price of nothing could have ever gone up. in which case we never had any inflation! talking of assets then price of none of them (like gold, stocks,...) should have ever stayed up.

you are misquoting this!
- when price goes up it usually needs a correction. a correction is a much smaller drop compared to the rise.
- when price goes up fake (like an altcoin pump) then it must come back down which is the case in altcoin market these days.

What happens if the price of Bitcoin falls to $1000 in 2018, will this be considered as a Worst Case Scenario or something else?
nothing, i will wake up and see price is $10k and i have been dreaming Cheesy
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
What happens if the price of Bitcoin falls to $1000 in 2018, will this be considered as a Worst Case Scenario or something else?
It is relative. Someone who bought at a much higher price would be mentally traumatized however, for someone new to this space, buying in at this price is the best case scenario for them. Personally, after being in this space for a short amount of time, I would be delighted if bitcoin could revisit those price levels, that is below 1000$ or less.
Activity: 32
Satoshi erase bitcoin and everybody will lose all the bitcoin their have, i think it's a worst case scenario for bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 16
https://crowdsale.network
Worst Case Scenario is only about the value going down to a disappointing level. But still, optimists can take that opportunity to accumulate more at a bargain.  Cheesy
Activity: 789
Merit: 243
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
This is a known fact if the price goes up it will surely go down. What happens if the price of Bitcoin falls to $1000 in 2018, will this be considered as a Worst Case Scenario or something else?

why are you afraid that 2018 is the worst scenario? have you not read the history of the bitcoin movement in 2013 to 2014? I just want to say, that bitcoin is still positive. this year is a witness that bitcoin is still alive when many countries try to ban bitcoin through central bank regulations and hacking cases that occur in exchange. I thought, you should see this video : $BTC 2014 vs 2018 #bitcoin chart comparison
Activity: 108
I think the worst case scenario for bitcoin is the new platform.I m not sure but i hope 100of people investors will withdraw money and invest in new platforms.Hope this never comes true.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
its when the us dollar disappears and you become nothing but one of million cryptosects, trying to figure out wich form of money does work for getting money earning cattle to do something for you
Activity: 98
This is a known fact if the price goes up it will surely go down. What happens if the price of Bitcoin falls to $1000 in 2018, will this be considered as a Worst Case Scenario or something else?

I think if that happens it will indeed be the end of bitcoin because in my opinion if it's a scenario then it's not the price that is problematic but banning everywhere for a reason and if it has been well done and then banned it can be opened
Activity: 238
Even if the price drops to 2K this will be the end of Bitcoin, because he is now on trust.
End Bitcoin - the end of the cryptocurrency market or a very big crisis. Sad
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Arabic Translator
the worst case would be some political decisions which control bitcoin somehow , and as a result loss of faith by investors and a huge drop in the price followed by some more bad news and a FOMO which can bring us to ZERO !
i don't think that can ever happen even if governments try to  Tongue
Activity: 348
Merit: 10
Worst case scenario is when bitcoin will be dead. But i think its not gonna happen. If the price falls to $1000 i think many of the holders will buy more coins and i think many of them will switch to altcoins.
Agree with your comments. I also think that if the price of Bitcoin drops, investors will switch to altcoin investments, but it is impossible to reduce Bitcoin prices to $ 1000. Bitcoin operators will never let this happen
Activity: 363
Merit: 10
I think the worst case scenario for Bitcoin is the new platform. If new platforms can make a lot of money, I'm sure 100% of Bitcoin investors will withdraw money and invest in new platforms. Hope this never comes true
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
It can become a worst case if that $1000 drop really happen, And because most in the  community is very well known about the price of bitcoin they will not surely become something like this, But instead it will keep on moving forward, Because when the price reach the point of $1000 USD there will be many people will be pissed and would sure stop on supporting bitcoin, But in reality this kind of value right now is only be possible when bitcoin really is dying.
Activity: 490
Merit: 108

for bitcoin to reach the price of 1000 $ requires a fairly strong weld, if indeed there will be such a scenario the role of large capital holders is needed, because to drop bitcoin up to 1000 $ it might take a large dump maybe around 30% bitcoin of the total supply released on the market together, the second scenario might occur if there were big blows from some countries that did a rejection and bad punch , the third, the worst if everyone thinks bitcoin is useless then it's all over
Activity: 126
Merit: 25
The worst case scenario is if another coin comes along that surpasses Bitcoin as a digital currency form and Bitcoin becomes the MySpace to this new coin's Facebook.
Activity: 246
Merit: 13
A lot of people thinks the system of the bitcoin is a scam that's why they afraid to invest in the bitcoin and other companies afraid to adapt the system of the bitcoin. Sometime the people is a scammer not the bitcoin they use it  to scam others and to earn money in the wrong way.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

Its not going to be the worse scenario for most of the big investors. They might buy all of what is being on sale on the exchanges. $100K will give them 100,000 BTC. Its the best scenario for them. Sure you wouldn't like it but they will celebrate for it. Will even toss a party the whole week thanking the community for being  generous.
Activity: 143
Merit: 2
Worst case scenario is when bitcoin will be dead. But i think its not gonna happen. If the price falls to $1000 i think many of the holders will buy more coins and i think many of them will switch to altcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: