Author

Topic: What is your trading strategy? - page 118. (Read 304646 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
April 10, 2015, 11:45:51 AM
havent been trading lately. Missed this signal. Damn....

copper member
Activity: 2268
Merit: 539
April 10, 2015, 01:32:09 AM
Let's see the LakeBTC's graceful charts, during this period when drop $2 per rise $1  Angry

How do you keep the profit? If cant, how do you stop loss? please share your strategy with me, thanks!

I feel very sad again when see the screenshot
just less than half a year ago the bitcoin price is double than now, but i bought half a bag bitcoin that time.

I guess all we can do is sit and wait until the next (financial) crisis hits. Consider bitcoin an OTM put option  Grin.

my thoughts on this imgage is, that we were depressed when $460 down to $390, but we were so happy when the price from $220 trun to $250

really wonderful feeling
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
April 09, 2015, 01:59:29 PM
Let's see the LakeBTC's graceful charts, during this period when drop $2 per rise $1  Angry

How do you keep the profit? If cant, how do you stop loss? please share your strategy with me, thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/ZkMo9ZC.png

just less than half a year ago the bitcoin price is double than now, but i bought half a bag bitcoin that time.

I guess all we can do is sit and wait until the next (financial) crisis hits. Consider bitcoin an OTM put option  Grin.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
April 09, 2015, 10:28:59 AM
I am not that good at trading as I don't use TP or SL, but I just trade the breakouts based on the trendlines I have set into my charts...
It's lot profitable, but as I said, when I start losing I lose a lot becoz of no profit/no loss level set...

Same with me, I dont use TP or SL, Just use Pivot indicator to see support and resistent and wait for 3 candles (triangle strategy) to open posisiton.

FTFY... Smiley
I also use MACD and Volumes, but mainly I don't trade using any indicators as these trend lines only give me awesome opportunities to trade...
But these indicators are only applied to the strong obvious trend line.

yes, i think trend lines very nice to see market uptrend or downtrend
but i never use it. i just using Vipot, RSI and MA for analysis.
These strategies are specially applied well to the strong market movement. We need patience to wait the opportunity.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
April 09, 2015, 09:47:37 AM
don't panic friends  Grin
if you have a money, you can buy bitcoin again, whereas if you not have a money you can wait until the price goes to up  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1007
April 09, 2015, 07:37:45 AM
I am not that good at trading as I don't use TP or SL, but I just trade the breakouts based on the trendlines I have set into my charts...
It's lot profitable, but as I said, when I start losing I lose a lot becoz of no profit/no loss level set...

Same with me, I dont use TP or SL, Just use Pivot indicator to see support and resistent and wait for 3 candles (triangle strategy) to open posisiton.

FTFY... Smiley
I also use MACD and Volumes, but mainly I don't trade using any indicators as these trend lines only give me awesome opportunities to trade...

yes, i think trend lines very nice to see market uptrend or downtrend
but i never use it. i just using Vipot, RSI and MA for analysis.
Activity: 219
April 08, 2015, 04:50:32 AM

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
April 07, 2015, 11:45:08 PM

FTFY... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1007
April 07, 2015, 11:38:53 PM

Same with me, I dont use TP or SL, Just use vipot indicator to see support and resistent and wait for 3 candles (triangle strategy) to open posisiton.
legendary
April 07, 2015, 06:55:04 AM
really?
I would be interested to know how much you earn? just give a rough  Smiley

I don't bet a lot as I am a disciplined trader, at least that's what I think for myself as I have some rules set...
I am sorry I don't want to figure it out publicly and I hope you understand... Smiley

1. Wait for the Breakout.
2. Wait for another 2-3 candles to confirm.
3. Jump in (here comes the important part, don't bet more than 10% of your total capital, I mean your trade should not cross higher margin levels).
4. Set TP and SL (I never do that as I am too lazy and I don't have much interest in putting it, but would advice it to anyone who wants to trade).
5. If manual and if BTC crosses $5 - $10 margin, it's more than enough for me to get out of the trade instead of waiting for some big spikes/falls.
6. After 5th step happens, close the trade.
7. Start over. Wink
Activity: 236
April 07, 2015, 04:09:06 AM
really?
I would be interested to know how much you earn? just give a rough  Smiley
legendary
April 06, 2015, 01:52:30 PM
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
April 06, 2015, 09:52:14 AM
I'm a little out of topic but are there any cool btc traders or even maybe online-services to invest in? I mean I'm no trader but wanna try this market by means of professionals.

What is your criterion for telling between cool and... well, not so cool traders? Are you impying that you would want to give your money into trust management operated by some "cool btc trader" out there?
if you are not good at trading, giving money to professionals is a good idea! But remember only invest what you can afford to lose. It still carries some extent of risk!
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
April 06, 2015, 06:08:06 AM
I'm a little out of topic but are there any cool btc traders or even maybe online-services to invest in? I mean I'm no trader but wanna try this market by means of professionals.

What is your criterion for telling between cool and... well, not so cool traders? Are you impying that you would want to give your money into trust management operated by some "cool btc trader" out there?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
April 05, 2015, 10:57:07 PM

Are you trying to stay exclusively with trading? Or just want to invest BTC in something that has a good chance of being profitable?
Probably you can invest in https://www.jua.com/, which claims "Your Coin Deposit In JUA Will Gain Interest Continuously." Or you can invest in the BTC ETF.
Activity: 126
April 03, 2015, 08:21:35 AM

Are you trying to stay exclusively with trading? Or just want to invest BTC in something that has a good chance of being profitable?
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
April 03, 2015, 08:01:31 AM
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:52:36 AM
Lower leverage.... Trade don't gamble
I agree.

I also hate when someone ask a good thing to put their btc into, people tell them to gamble, which is stupid..

gambling is leverage trading, not bitcoin itself/

Saying that gambling is leverage trading let it sound like you could predict anything there so that you can get an advantage. Though thats not correct for all those dicegames. With real trading you can predict in some way. So no, i would not say that gambling is something like trading. You dont even have a lever.
Activity: 219
April 02, 2015, 10:15:03 PM
Lower leverage.... Trade don't gamble
I agree.

I also hate when someone ask a good thing to put their btc into, people tell them to gamble, which is stupid..

gambling is leverage trading, not bitcoin itself/
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
April 01, 2015, 12:42:14 AM
You can buy Bitcoin at low prices and sell it at higher prices. but sometime it's not as simple as what we think
This is the best way to have a profits, but if you abused this way of trading tgis is not fair you are outweigh your trader.
Jump to: