Pages:
Author

Topic: What make people panic sell? - page 27. (Read 4134 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 504
May 13, 2021, 10:47:52 AM
I think the reason why they sell their Bitcoin is because of statement of Elon Musk-purchasing Bitcoin is suspending. That's why Bitcoin now drop 49-50K$, and many people sell their token specially BTC. Hopefully BTC continue will rise again.
It's pretty damn obvious Elon Musk is trying to manipulate with BTC price. Bitcoin was just fine without him before, this time we also survive. Elon needs to stop with the FUD cause he is clearly using this as opportunity to buy BTC that's all. Hopefully BTC doesn't need Elon to make it pump. The whole market is down atm, don't stress.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 13, 2021, 10:43:24 AM
We saw the past from $10 to 60k is going up and up. So it sure it will reach $500k next destination.
But why the hell people panic sell now after it reach this high amount?
Do people really still think it goes to 0?

There soulnd't be any sale presure given the history that we see Bitcoin only going up in value
The answer is so simple FUD.
Maybe we are all aware that it wouldn't go to zero but those seller are saving what they could when they think that it would continue to drop down.
We all know that it would recover but isn't it better to cut loss then buy back at a lower price than just holding it?
Activity: 862
Merit: 100
May 13, 2021, 09:05:50 AM
I think the reason why they sell their Bitcoin is because of statement of Elon Musk-purchasing Bitcoin is suspending. That's why Bitcoin now drop 49-50K$, and many people sell their token specially BTC. Hopefully BTC continue will rise again.

Do you believe what Elon Musk said? or maybe you have sold the Bitcoin that you bought so you don't panic with all of this. it's too easy to see Bitcoin going down so badly. I'm still confident that Bitcoin will go back up with a fast time now. But it may be your choice to believe what is preached. I prefer to see the decline that occurs because I can buy Bitcoin again at a cheaper price than before.
Activity: 616
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
May 13, 2021, 08:41:15 AM
Activity: 1036
Merit: 286
May 13, 2021, 02:33:55 AM
We saw the past from $10 to 60k is going up and up. So it sure it will reach $500k next destination.

There soulnd't be any sale presure given the history that we see Bitcoin only going up in value
Seeing bitcoin reaching $500k is so far from happening no matter how bullish it is right now. People panic sell because they are afraid that the same thing will happen once again just like what occured at the 2018 dump. Sometimes, they also panic sell because they have a certain target price and if they see it going down more continuously and is quite threatening already, they will sell their holdings in hopes of saving their money. It quite make sense that people shouldn't sell because bitcoin is on its way up no matter how many dumps occurs but still, people are trying to outsmart the process that's why.
Activity: 312
Merit: 24
May 13, 2021, 02:14:35 AM
$ 500,000?
It is very interesting for me to talk about this price from today. This price that you mentioned may not reach it in the next 10 years.
Many people talk about bitcoin becoming zero, and many people talk about $ 1,000,000 bitcoin, and these are just a theory, not an analysis.
If governments or the advent of quantum computers are to affect bitcoin, they may even be able to destroy bitcoin.
And to the contrary, if governments and all the big companies trade in bitcoin, yes, we can see $ 100,000 or $ 200,000 in bitcoin.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 264
May 13, 2021, 01:12:16 AM
~
Not that it goes to zero but people starts to think that many would consider that a lot already so that they sell a lot of their held Bitcoin.
Panic selling isn't just when the price goes up, it also happens when price goes down because people think that a minor price correction pertains the death of BTC. lol
Activity: 574
Merit: 125
May 12, 2021, 11:57:13 PM
Some people do panic selling whenever they heard bad news related to bitcoin and someone just sell their bitcoin because of personal reasons, it is not easy to hold bitcoin for a long term and wait for it to reach $500k because there are times that we badly need money to the point that we need to pull out our investment, I am just really amazed to those people who can wait for so many years before they pull out their money, one thing about it is that those people who can invest for a long term are those who have a stable job and a good source of income so they don't need to use their investment for necessary expenses.
Activity: 266
Merit: 20
May 12, 2021, 11:46:44 PM
What make people panic sell?

LOL, you answered your own question.  Cheesy

p a n i c    Wink
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
May 12, 2021, 11:45:36 PM
People often panic because of FOMO and excitement. Besides, the biggest cause of panic is not knowing what to do. It becomes panic because of not being able to decide at what level it wants to sell, whether it will rise more as it rises, and because it does not make a conscious investment by setting itself a goal. These also force people to lose.
I believe FOMO is mostly the reason why people do panic selling either they are afraid to lose when the price gets dump suddenly or they are just taking the chances to make profits after long term of holding.

Holding is good but if your aim is to hold your coins forever, you will miss the feeling of being profitable. Remember that your first goal is to make profits and you won't make any profit unless you decide to sell your coins.
Activity: 546
May 12, 2021, 07:33:19 PM
People often panic because of FOMO and excitement. Besides, the biggest cause of panic is not knowing what to do. It becomes panic because of not being able to decide at what level it wants to sell, whether it will rise more as it rises, and because it does not make a conscious investment by setting itself a goal. These also force people to lose.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1041
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
May 12, 2021, 07:25:07 PM
Worries and temptations...

They are worried about what if the market will dump and miss the opportunity.
They are somewhat tempted by the price and sell while the market is still hot.

Not totally it defines panic selling but it is just the people, investors and holders wanted to take such an opportunity at once it comes into their life. Nobody sees the future and so they'll be taking that chance before it will go.

Worried their BTC will have less value when prices dumped like what we are seeing today, taking profit will be good its an opportunity too when you know which altcoin to invest because we are seeing BTC dominance decreasing and some altcoins are going up. It takes good skills to learn and listen to the news.

Mark Cuban is so bullish on ETH which he had been emphasizing that it's better than BTC. Its turning the table.
Activity: 994
Merit: 20
May 12, 2021, 07:12:18 PM

I think it is not actually "panic-selling" in such situation. Because many people have some price goals to sell all or some of their coins when the price reaches that level. Panic sellers are more like they sell when the price starts going down.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 332
May 12, 2021, 07:08:10 PM
Worries and temptations...

They are worried about what if the market will dump and miss the opportunity.
They are somewhat tempted by the price and sell while the market is still hot.

Not totally it defines panic selling but it is just the people, investors and holders wanted to take such an opportunity at once it comes into their life. Nobody sees the future and so they'll be taking that chance before it will go.
copper member
Activity: 2954
Merit: 574
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
May 12, 2021, 07:05:27 PM

Lets say you invested all of your savings. Thousands of dollar. These are the money that you can't afford to lose. How would you react when you see the market move against your expectation? You are going to panic. You will fear that you will lose all your money and you can't let that happen. Hence you sell it and get out of the risk. You see what's wrong over here? You couldn't afford the loss. Hence you panicked. If you invested spare money and losing those wouldn't affect you, you wouldn't panic. You would hold it even if the price dropped. Now you understand why people sell in panic?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 435
duelbits.com
May 12, 2021, 07:03:53 PM
Based on my personal experience, here are the reasons (I really learn from this):
- Uncertainty about the future
- We don't trust at all about the crypto that we are investing
- The price drops drastically, so we are afraid of losing more and more
- FOMO and hype
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
May 12, 2021, 06:58:02 PM

It will not goes to that 0. People tend to panic sell when they saw theyre being deficit from their bought capital price or half price of bitcoin goes down. Even an old investor having a panic sell as their emotions tends to be active thinking that it might fall back from the last year's dip price and will hardly goes up again.

But its kinda different from my point of view that is why I can manage my panic emotions. Price volatility will make us get the opportunity to become profitable or the opposite. But as long as I manage to hold it more , I can still patiently wait for the recovery stage even for so long.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
May 12, 2021, 06:57:24 PM
The panic sale is due to market manipulations. A very high coin makes people believe that it will decline from now on. Since we see many examples of this, the coin that reaches a very high price creates a feeling of decline. people are selling with panic sales in order to catch selling at this price. We can call it FOMO yes. the feeling of being afraid of not seizing the opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
May 12, 2021, 06:53:08 PM
FOMO stands for "fear of missing out."

People sell due to FOMO (fear of losing out), and others who can't even keep a coin for a week haven't done much research on the coin they invested in. That is why research is one of the most important aspects of trading, particularly if you want to trade for a long time. People are afraid of losing money, so they sell all of their assets to avoid losing money.

However, they are now losing a lot of money as a result of that method due to market fluctuations.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
May 12, 2021, 06:11:03 PM

The logic behind panic seller is simple - fear of losing profit. The fear is mainly driven by market understanding, which of course, can be driven by knowledge and self-analysis.

Just to put it into today's perspective....

In case you're wondering why the damp, and panic selling. Here's why - ELON MUSK - https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1392602041025843203/photo/1
Pages:
Jump to: