Pages:
Author

Topic: What the hell are Crypto kitties? - page 12. (Read 29805 times)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10
December 09, 2017, 08:48:11 AM
Is this mania at least slowing down or its picking more momentum? Cant understand how can they reach such a high value.
Activity: 455
Merit: 106
December 09, 2017, 08:38:38 AM
I've noticed a lot of anger, frustration, and confusion towards CryptoKitties in the daily thread over the last few days (along with plenty of joy, wonder, and excitement).

For those who don't understand and/or lack the imagination, pretend for a moment that the ERC 721 tokens which represent all the individual kitties on the blockchain didn't represent cats at all. Imagine, instead, that they represented:

loot items in World of Warcraft
rare cards in online collectible card games
plots of land in Arizona
corporate stocks from Fortune 100 companies that trade on NASDAQ or the NYSE
Does that make more sense to you now? People aren't necessarily excited about the actual cats themselves, they're excited by the endless possibilties that this demonstrates.

Go look at the online marketplace they've created. Look at the user interface. Fire up your imagination and envision a world where 'digital drawings of cats' are just one of the many, many, MANY assets being traded in the Ethereum eco-system.

THIS is precisely what gives Ether its value: the ability to create, tokenize, and trade things on the blockchain. And this is the reason that CryptoKitties was deployed to the Ethereum blockchain and NOWHERE ELSE -- not Bitcoin, not Dash, not ETC (lol ETC). If you're mad about CryptoKitties, you're missing the whole point -- this isn't a distraction from the price, this is exactly the reason that ETH rose 5000% over the past year.

Yes, it's silly and it's goofy, but it's a proof of concept. It demonstrates to the world what is currently possible, RIGHT NOW, in the Ethereum eco-system. ETHEREUM, and nowhere else. It's not about the cats, it's about the future potential of the whole protocol.

Though the Game is not very interesting to play but profitable to play, we all cannot take away the rights of everybody to be angry at that game. For which traders are affected in a worst way. Their transaction is very slow and it demands a large amount of GWEI to process normally. So in the side of traders they cannot enjoy the trades as of now, because of CryptoKitties clogging the system due to its transaction. Though they are expressing frustrations, anger, and confusion, bear with them because they can only express their feelings through posting and showing anger towards that game. So in short, I agree that hte game brings important things to ETH and boosting the value, but it also creates problems for the traders for now. But the management of ETH is fixing it now, so i guess everything will be back to normal soon.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 09, 2017, 08:24:52 AM
   I am also not sure what they are, except they are collectibles which you can breed to get more beautiful or more expencive. But what I want to say I strongly beleive that not strangers really bought kitties for 250 eth or so, owners did it to attract more people and big ethereum ammounts
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
December 09, 2017, 07:42:20 AM
Is there some link where I can get more info about this game? I am not referring to there official site(I read that already) but some game tips from people that are already playing.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
December 09, 2017, 06:52:47 AM

This is some crazy, because of these crypto-kittens is slowed by erc20! What's happening? Why this?)

Actually, the system getting back to normal as they find ways to fix unlike previous days which the cause slowing the system. Crypto kitties is a cartoon kittens as unique digital Pokemon cards. This kitties' has unique features having DNA can lead to four billion possible genetic variations.The price of cryptoKitty is approximately $23.06 (£17.19), according to Crypto Kitty Sales. This kind of game can earn while you playing and many features that makes everyone of us enjoy and comfortable to use.
Thanks for your reply! I hope with erc20 everything will be fine, I will try to buy a pair of cats for breeding!)
Activity: 406
Merit: 174
December 09, 2017, 06:03:52 AM
They're the reason the ethereum network is becoming as slow and expensive as the bitcoin network right now.
Activity: 217
December 09, 2017, 05:43:06 AM
cryptokitties is messing with our ethereum platform recently, developers of this game created digital cats online based on ERC20 and sell them to us to make profit, this is a great idea but this game is slowing the platform down, makes more delay transactions.
Activity: 265
December 09, 2017, 05:42:59 AM
I've noticed a lot of anger, frustration, and confusion towards CryptoKitties in the daily thread over the last few days (along with plenty of joy, wonder, and excitement).

For those who don't understand and/or lack the imagination, pretend for a moment that the ERC 721 tokens which represent all the individual kitties on the blockchain didn't represent cats at all. Imagine, instead, that they represented:

plots of land in Arizona
Does that make more sense to you now? People aren't necessarily excited about the actual cats themselves, they're excited by the endless possibilties that this demonstrates.

Go look at the online marketplace they've created. Look at the user interface. Fire up your imagination and envision a world where 'digital drawings of cats' are just one of the many, many, MANY assets being traded in the Ethereum eco-system.

THIS is precisely what gives Ether its value: the ability to create, tokenize, and trade things on the blockchain. And this is the reason that CryptoKitties was deployed to the Ethereum blockchain and NOWHERE ELSE -- not Bitcoin, not Dash, not ETC (lol ETC). If you're mad about CryptoKitties, you're missing the whole point -- this isn't a distraction from the price, this is exactly the reason that ETH rose 5000% over the past year.

Yes, it's silly and it's goofy, but it's a proof of concept. It demonstrates to the world what is currently possible, RIGHT NOW, in the Ethereum eco-system. ETHEREUM, and nowhere else. It's not about the cats, it's about the future potential of the whole protocol.

I also agree with the fact that CryptoKitties have slowed down strongly transactions, however, good sides can not be denied either. This game has brought even more popularity to the ETH. When problems with the load of small transactions will be solved, the price will grow very much.
Activity: 53
December 09, 2017, 05:39:23 AM

plots of land in Arizona

Well said. Good post.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
December 09, 2017, 05:11:27 AM

This is some crazy, because of these crypto-kittens is slowed by erc20! What's happening? Why this?)

Actually, the system getting back to normal as they find ways to fix unlike previous days which the cause slowing the system. Crypto kitties is a cartoon kittens as unique digital Pokemon cards. This kitties' has unique features having DNA can lead to four billion possible genetic variations.The price of cryptoKitty is approximately $23.06 (£17.19), according to Crypto Kitty Sales. This kind of game can earn while you playing and many features that makes everyone of us enjoy and comfortable to use.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
December 09, 2017, 04:42:57 AM

Activity: 140
December 09, 2017, 03:18:21 AM

plots of land in Arizona

Activity: 29
December 09, 2017, 02:55:25 AM
Are the cats still slowing down the network? etherscan.io has some nice charts to look at data since september when the cats were born
Activity: 98
December 09, 2017, 02:49:42 AM
any examples for crypto kitties?
Activity: 38
December 09, 2017, 02:14:54 AM
Wow, they are simply adorable. But very costly. I wonder, how much this game already made so far
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
December 09, 2017, 01:47:33 AM
I have a problem to sent tokens and withdrawal token from the exchanges
I read some news that this cryptokitties cause the ethereum network is very busy.

The news that you read was correct because of this cryptokitties the etherium network became busy/slowly you cannot deposit your tokens and even withdrawal the eth based token this is really annoying. The Developer of Etherium need to resolve this issue if this problem cannot fix as soon as possible the value of etherium will be drop down slowly.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
December 09, 2017, 01:30:29 AM
Has anyone got these crypto kitties?  

Why would I get one? This is one useless addition to the Ethereum network. This is not even a fun invention. A pure waste of time. Well, this is a free world so everybody has the choice of what they would want to do with their lives. They can breed as many crypto kitties as they want. The problem however is that it is clogging the Ethereum network. Withdrawals and deposits are delayed because of these kitties.
Activity: 113
December 09, 2017, 01:22:22 AM

I think they should implement Raiblocks XRB with zero fee's and instant transactions I believe these currencies can handle the network load.
Activity: 182
December 08, 2017, 11:47:34 PM
Crypto kitties is a kind of game where user can collect,trade,and breed virtual kittens using smart contract on the ethereum blockchain.All you have to do is buy some ether and use it to pay for your very first feline friend. Once you buy your first kitten, that transaction gets added into the blockchain as a permanent receipt of your purchase.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
December 08, 2017, 11:38:09 PM
They're virus on the blockchain
Pages:
Jump to: