Pages:
Author

Topic: what things does Russian really have? - page 7. (Read 7037 times)

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000
December 29, 2014, 07:18:41 AM
good weapons

and bad people?

People should investigate, where the roots of some of the technology that they use come from. A lot of Russian innovation in technology, medicine found its way to the West, but as USSR didn't allow individual inventors to take patents,  these inventions were "adopted" by Western scientists and with minor modifications promoted as their own.

I'm sure the USSR would approve. Share and share alike.

After WW2, the USSR somehow had ICBMs at a time when the "more advanced" US was forced to rely on planes with nukes constantly circling around the USSR. How was that possible? Easy, the USSR "shared" the German technology from them.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 29, 2014, 07:17:26 AM
They have their land, right down to the center of the earth. The real question is, Which of them are going to benefit from what they have?

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
December 29, 2014, 07:10:31 AM
People should investigate, where the roots of some of the technology that they use come from. A lot of Russian innovation in technology, medicine found its way to the West, but as USSR didn't allow individual inventors to take patents,  these inventions were "adopted" by Western scientists and with minor modifications promoted as their own.

Russia after USSR's collapse was in a wholesale destruction mode by the Western transnats and local criminal barons, oligarchs, like Khodorkovskij, so innovation was understandably crippled. Come back and ask this question in 5 year's time, once Russia is back on track - it's already going in leaps and bounds, if you care to read Russian papers (Western journals don't re-print/translate).

Russian aviation (this year Russian Far Aviation celebrates 100 year anniversary) was leading. In USSR there were 4 competing construction bureau, with many brilliant airplanes. This was largely destroyed during Yeltsin/USA reign, and the innovation in the aviation industry is basically being rebuilt from scratch now.

PS: What things does USA have? I almost never see "Made in USA" on any of the products. Wink
PSS: About currency. Did you see how Norwegian krone developed recently? Hint: the same way as rouble, yet the country is for some reason rated as AAA.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
December 29, 2014, 06:51:09 AM
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 29, 2014, 06:38:29 AM
few things russian have : good weapons (S200, S300 and S400 are impressive)
                                   autonomy
                                   great partners (china, iran, india, south africa, brazil argentina)
                                   faith (?)
                                   the largest country  and a growing population (interesting demographic until 1990)
                                   one of the best actual president  (?)
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
December 29, 2014, 06:24:17 AM
Come on, guys.
You know what I mean.
As you can find lots of things which made in China.
And use lots of things made by USA or service by USA as google.
And Japan's camera……。
I only just want to say, Russian is far from a dominant country。
It's just a Third rate country.
And that why I despise Putin.

fully agree, but also russian are good at cosmic odyssey, or used to be in cold war... machines were stolen from europe, like fiat == vaz, and so on..
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
December 29, 2014, 06:09:58 AM
Come on, guys.
You know what I mean.
As you can find lots of things which made in China.
And use lots of things made by USA or service by USA as google.
And Japan's camera……。
I only just want to say, Russian is far from a dominant country。
It's just a Third rate country.
And that why I despise Putin.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
December 29, 2014, 05:31:22 AM
u all miss one important thing that you always seem to forget

VODKA  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
December 29, 2014, 05:18:42 AM
Cheap resources due to large land, which gives a lot of money for war machines. This country could be nr1, but we see what we have..
Russia has good old literature and beautiful chicks
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
December 29, 2014, 04:53:55 AM
beautiful girls
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
December 29, 2014, 01:53:15 AM
Except oil and weapon, what things does Russian really have?
We all see that Russian is really weak in recently oil price crash.
The exchange rate of ruble and the inflation in Russian as follow the  oil price crash imply that Russian is just a third - rate country who depends on selling cheap resources.
After the Soviet Union collapsed, the Economic of Russian growth just benefit from the oil price risen.
Pages:
Jump to: