Pages:
Author

Topic: What type of wallet do you use? - page 42. (Read 38559 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 23, 2017, 11:23:30 AM
I always use local wallet because I was also a joint venture partner of the company's wallet. in the sense that I could be a Bitcoin exchangers to IDR.

Haha, I think we both come from the same country dude. I personally also use a wallet from local exchanger named vip bitcoin. And as an alternative I also use bitcoin wallet from blockchains. And for the sake of trading altcoin in yobit iam also use their wallet. But my advice use bitcoin wallet as blockchains, because there you have full control of your wallet. Thank you
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
January 23, 2017, 11:05:49 AM
I use bitcoin web wallet and paper wallet.
Activity: 670
Merit: 512
January 22, 2017, 09:31:46 AM
I always use online wallet.Xapo & coinbase is my favourite wallet.But now xapo cherging fees for transaction.So I like to use coinbase only.I am not a gambler so I have no problem using coinbase.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1084
zknodes.org
January 22, 2017, 09:18:43 AM
I always use local wallet because I was also a joint venture partner of the company's wallet. in the sense that I could be a Bitcoin exchangers to IDR.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
January 22, 2017, 08:45:16 AM
Since I prefer bitcoin in my most of the online transactions, I use web wallet the most because it gives good user-friendly layout and service which is required for quick and secure transactions. Alternatively, I also use the mobile (android) wallet to monitor bitcoin transaction and confirmation status (sometimes it takes time to confirm so staying online on the desktop to check the status is not a good idea). I also have a paper wallet as my cold storage (with multiple soft and hard copies) but I use that only for accumulating bitcoins.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
January 22, 2017, 08:33:20 AM
you should made this poll into a multi choice one because as a bitcoin hodler and user at the same time we need multiple types of wallets at the same time. for example a paper wallet as cold storage to hodl bitcoin and then a hot wallet on desktop or if you like on phone to spend bitcoin.
Activity: 56
January 22, 2017, 08:28:47 AM
I am currently fully depend on web wallets because i am not making bigger transaction or hold much bitcoin and i know web wallets are not safe place to hold bitcoin.
I prefer web wallet as its easy to use and multiple options for cashouts/convert
this is the best choice due to slow internet speeds and daily capping, i dont need to download to whole thing and sync regularly.
Activity: 36
January 09, 2017, 04:31:00 AM
I use electrum desktop wallet. I feel very much secured to store my bitcoins in it. Its not advisable to store bitcoins in exchanges for a long time. Keep the seed safely which is generated during opening new electrum wallet as you can recover your account even if your laptop gets fault.
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
January 09, 2017, 03:00:49 AM
I am using web wallet because i think it is the best option for me i can convert cash to bitcoin instantly or bitcoin to cash, pay bills like electric,water bills using that web wallet also i can cashout cash anytime i like using those remittance center that are available in that web wallet and lastly i like the support they really help whenever you need them.

So you earn enough BTC to pay all your monthly bills? Im curious what your job is. Does it pay in BTC? If it does it would be nice of you to tell us where you work or what website you work in. Signature campaigns are not enough to pay the bills.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 511
January 09, 2017, 02:45:43 AM
the vast majority of users have two or more wallets
I use webwallets such as Xapo and Blockchain for daily dust transactions,use a desktop client and have  a Trezor as the cold storage
think the more time you have been into bitcoin,the more wallets you will be using or at least trying out to see if they fit
Having completely different types of wallets will definitely ensure the security of our bitcoins from any possible hacking.

I'm always recommending my friends to use one web wallet and one standalone wallets. This web wallet and standalone wallet can be any, but we should not use only web wallets nor only stand alone wallets.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 258
1xbit.com
January 08, 2017, 11:17:20 PM
in fact I have never had a problem wallet because all wallet providers have the comfort and security of it's own, but if it should be choosing to one wallet i prefer exchanger (local exchanger) because because I could exchange bitcoin currency directly to my country (fiat)
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
January 08, 2017, 11:03:32 PM
There is a thread about recomendations for the best wallet to use, but not all practice what they preach, so this poll is to see what people are actually using.
I understand that some people use multiple wallets of different kinds, so this poll asks which wallet is most used, this can be measured either by quantity of bitcoin or ammount of transactions.

I use web wallet to store my bitcoin where i earn from faucet trading and gambling my country has a very own bitcoin wallet where we can easily sell pay monthly bills or to shop online  our web wallets has it own features where you can also use its very own virtual card to shop online by using bitcoin as well.
Yup now in all country this type of web wallets have arrived. In my country also we have few web wallets we can sell our coins to them they will update our wallets with fiat currency. But we can not withdraw that money. We can use that money for any online transactions means electric bills, mobiles bills all type of electronic bill we can pay through that site.
Activity: 2
January 08, 2017, 10:02:38 PM
Basically I use blockchain wallet.because this is easy to handle.some Times I used app wallet from play store.they are more easy.but when I store lots or btc or you can say high amount.I use only core wallet.
Activity: 243
January 08, 2017, 09:58:50 PM
I run full node to support bitcoin
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
January 08, 2017, 09:17:56 PM
There is a thread about recomendations for the best wallet to use, but not all practice what they preach, so this poll is to see what people are actually using.
I understand that some people use multiple wallets of different kinds, so this poll asks which wallet is most used, this can be measured either by quantity of bitcoin or ammount of transactions.

I use web wallet to store my bitcoin where i earn from faucet trading and gambling my country has a very own bitcoin wallet where we can easily sell pay monthly bills or to shop online  our web wallets has it own features where you can also use its very own virtual card to shop online by using bitcoin as well.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
January 08, 2017, 09:10:47 PM
the vast majority of users have two or more wallets
I use webwallets such as Xapo and Blockchain for daily dust transactions,use a desktop client and have  a Trezor as the cold storage
think the more time you have been into bitcoin,the more wallets you will be using or at least trying out to see if they fit
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
January 08, 2017, 03:16:52 PM
what would happen if the phone ever get stolen?
Mycelium is a hierarchical deterministic wallet, all the private keys can be recovered from the master seed, it can also be protected with a PIN.
If you have a written copy of your key, and don't use somethng obvious like 1234 as your PIN (choose it randomly), you can recover your coins and send them to another wallet before the thief finds your PIN.
I am not sure if PINs longer than 4 digits can be used.

Good that I can actually use another phone to have my btc sent to another wallet. I think I really should be reading up more about these things on my free time. Great that there are additional protection built into these dedicated wallets.
Activity: 462
January 08, 2017, 01:48:42 PM
Am using blockchain.info for both my web and mobile wallet as its the most convenient for me.
And for all my altcoins I have stuck to desktop wallets.

Blockchain was good before but nowadays i noticed minimum charge was increased and consuming some bitcoin in the wallet itself and not able to send those complete amount. However coinbase would be best option for it.
Activity: 19
January 08, 2017, 01:20:39 PM
I prefer lightweight desktop wallet, so I use Electrum for Bitcoin and also for Litecoin (Electrum-ltc).

For other altcoins I use web wallet (Bit.ac) and for the biggest shitcoins I use online wallets on trading pages.
But I don't store there any big amounts, they are more for testing and playing with them.  Smiley

I also prefer Desktop wallet like electrum.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
January 08, 2017, 12:59:02 PM
I would say that there is a benefit of using Core and running transactions through your own node for privacy reasons; but since bitcoin is quite transparent in where transactions are going too, there is no real reason besides to help support the reliability of the network.

I use MultiBit for Desktop mostly and Breadwallet for mobile... both are quite good and reliable in terms of being able to control your own private keys.

If someone is interested in running a full node what is the ideal set up for it in terms of hard drive size and amount of bandwidth? I read around the forum and most comments Ive seen is that no one really wants to run their own node anymore because it is costly.

It depends on how long you want to continue to use Bitcoin in the future... if you were just wanting to be able to sync the blockchain as of right now you would need like 120 GB of data or so since the entire blockchain is around 100+GB's of data.  If you were planning on creating transactions for a while in the future, I would suggest you get a 500 GB or 1 TB external SSD... then again guessing how large the total blockchain size will be a bit of guess work.  Since there is a 1 MB limit on blocks, then you can sort of guess what the size will be down the future since generally every block is full... but there is no telling if devs will increase the blocksize or not reach a consensus on that.

In terms of bandwidth I'm not really sure... I think there is a way to limit how much bandwidth you use when you're running a node; but since I don't I can't say for sure.
Pages:
Jump to: