Pages:
Author

Topic: What type of wallet do you use? - page 9. (Read 38507 times)

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273
August 17, 2017, 01:27:04 AM
I use Electrum on the desktop for quickly move around exchanges, and I have a hardware wallet to where I keep most of my coins.

I also use some other wallets for altcoins.
There are many no of altcoins wallet you can search about it on tor browsers because there you will get more information about altcoin wallets because some stupid SEO has created links which is scamming links and name it as altcoin wallet so I would like to say that you should need to search about it on tor browser because this is the best way to browse some new wallets from there.
Activity: 839
Merit: 1004
August 16, 2017, 06:40:58 PM
Core.  Somebody has to "be" bitcoin.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
August 16, 2017, 06:18:50 PM
electrum can be considered as one of the best performance wallets. Unless you are learning about the blockchain and bitcoin system and also the nodes, electrum is your best choice. Never use online wallet because they are totally suck

Yes, that corresponds to my own thoughts after I did some research a year ago when migrating from the full node.
Your thought is familiar with the other one, but can you please tell me why should we not use online wallets?? Because the every person I know can use online wallet and yet they did not tell me any problem about them, yeah I know all about blockchain, and nodes but I don’t understand their effects on wallets which are online.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
August 16, 2017, 02:16:41 PM
Web wallet. While many consider it unsafe, it's what works best for me. I don't own thousands of dollars in bitcoin so it's not a big risk. I like to be able to use bitcoin whenever I want wherever I want, on multiple devices. I use blockchain.info as wallet since they are highly trusted and has not had any breach or hacks AFAIK.

Practical concepts and unnecessary syncing are needed by bitcoin mania, which blockchain still be the king of all web wallets, I'm sure most users would use it for daily transfer activities, but hardwallet is urgently needed if we really want to keep it in bulk and with a full level of security in the hands of each person.
Activity: 266
August 16, 2017, 01:28:41 PM
Web wallet. While many consider it unsafe, it's what works best for me. I don't own thousands of dollars in bitcoin so it's not a big risk. I like to be able to use bitcoin whenever I want wherever I want, on multiple devices. I use blockchain.info as wallet since they are highly trusted and has not had any breach or hacks AFAIK.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
August 16, 2017, 01:18:38 PM
Well type of wallet doesn't matter actually , like if you talk about security , no wallet safe. So the only better option is to use offline wallets to prevent certain bugs which are in abundance in online wallets like blockchain.info . So it's better to use mycelium or electurm, infact both mycelium and electurm if you have a lot of Bitcoins to keep atleast one half safe.
Activity: 238
August 16, 2017, 01:12:02 PM
Both my blockchain and wave wallet are all mobile but ether is best on the web since they do not have a legit app but source from third party. This i find really disturbing and exposing to theft.
Activity: 479
Enter the future of gaming
August 16, 2017, 01:06:07 PM
I use Electrum on the desktop for quickly move around exchanges, and I have a hardware wallet to where I keep most of my coins.

I also use some other wallets for altcoins.
Activity: 532
Merit: 251
August 16, 2017, 12:32:02 PM
Lightweight Wallet (Desktop)   - that is what I use!
Lightweight Wallet (Mobile)   - no, I can lose it anywhere
Full Node   -  it is just too heavy
Hardware Wallet   - too expensive Smiley
Paper Wallet (self generated)   - I don't use but why not
Brain Wallet   - I do not trust myself
Web Wallet   - I used to, but not now
Exchange/Faucet Credit   - I use for only amounts I trade
Physical Bitcoin   - just no
Activity: 360
August 16, 2017, 11:59:43 AM
Paper wallet and electronic wallet are the easiest two wallet for all of us. Especially I am using an electronic wallet because I find it safe and handy
Activity: 758
Merit: 500
August 16, 2017, 09:42:11 AM
I am using Blockchain and Electrum wallet, both are safe and secured. But Blockchain wallet actually don't give you the private keys, so it is safest to use Electrum offline wallet.
Activity: 263
August 16, 2017, 09:38:07 AM
For bitcoin I use Electrum and blockchain.info, I ran a full node until very recently with Bitcoin Core.

Full node for litecoin and full node for some other shitcoins, also Jaxx.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 16, 2017, 09:01:11 AM
i use MEW, Blockchain and Core... i think Faucet wallet is not good [its my own opinion] cause it takes around 7 days to receive it to your other wallet it stuck on the blockchain in that span of days some are more than 7 days depends on how much you will transfer or withdraw....
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
August 16, 2017, 06:55:39 AM
I'm new to the digital currency usage and here I learn little by little. While I entered the forum to earn a little, I was suggested to use Blockchain.info online wallet as the amount within the wallet is low as well for faster accessing. Till date haven't experienced any issues and continuing to use the same.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
August 16, 2017, 06:51:48 AM
Electrum. I have no use for mobile wallets and I consider web wallets to be less secure than lightweight desktop clients. Used the full node since 2011 and until 2016, but 100 GB of storage space for the full blockchain finally became unbearable.
Hmm…Electrum? I once heard that they were stealing bitcoins that belongs to users, before someone clarified that the thieved were Electrum.org, a fake website that came up to deceive people. By the way, I make use of mobile wallets anddesktop wallets. I think I’m okay with them. Though I’m thinking of adopting hardware as another option.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
August 16, 2017, 06:02:17 AM
I use multibit and electrum wallet for saving my bitcoins as I think both of them are very safe place to save your bitcoins and not easy for any hacker to hack your bitcoins as I have never lost any small amount from it.
That's a good pick. I have been using multibit and blockchain wallet. Often I do transactions so most of the bitcoin will be there in the blockchain web wallet and the holding for emergency need was placed into the multibit wallet.
I no longer store my bitcoin in blockchain for some reason, such as expensive fee transactions, resulting in length of confirmation, no more sending facilities to multiple addresses, etc. At this time I prefer to use desktop wallets though inflexible, but at least better than wallet blockchain
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
August 16, 2017, 05:39:38 AM
electrum can be considered as one of the best performance wallets. Unless you are learning about the blockchain and bitcoin system and also the nodes, electrum is your best choice. Never use online wallet because they are totally suck

Yes, that corresponds to my own thoughts after I did some research a year ago when migrating from the full node.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 545
August 15, 2017, 03:48:42 PM
Electrum. I have no use for mobile wallets and I consider web wallets to be less secure than lightweight desktop clients. Used the full node since 2011 and until 2016, but 100 GB of storage space for the full blockchain finally became unbearable.
Activity: 882
Merit: 403
August 15, 2017, 03:02:42 PM
I am currently using a mobile wallet. And that is coins.ph wallet. Because it is easier to withdraw money with it because it is flexible. And i need flexible wallets specially here in my place where bitcoins aren't that famous yet. So it's just right to have a wallet that can give you lots of choices to withdraw your money.
But i am laughing right now because i am thinking about these things already when i dont even have a signle brc in my wallet. But still i am excited for my first salary in this sig campaign that i am currently in. So i think it's ok to think of this things already hahahahahaha
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
August 15, 2017, 02:43:39 PM
Pages:
Jump to: