Pages:
Author

Topic: What type of wallet do you use? - page 10. (Read 38507 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 15, 2017, 01:46:43 PM
I am a huge fan of mycelium. It has long been my mobile wallet of choice. I've been using it for ages now on my android phone and I really like it. It really is a great wallet, one of the better made ones.
Activity: 161
August 15, 2017, 01:38:27 PM
I use wallet exchanger, because it can be easy for altcoin trading, the transfer is also fast and for this I use safe. There is nothing to worry about I think to use a wallet exchanger
As a day trader, it is appropriate to store bitcoin on an exchange  to avoid any delays in btc transfers because of the congested network

I use multibit and electrum wallet for saving my bitcoins as I think both of them are very safe place to save your bitcoins and not easy for any hacker to hack your bitcoins as I have never lost any small amount from it.
I know we all have been told desktop wallets are above average in terms of security but what are the chances of losing your BTC if someone has access to your computer physically??
IMO a good wallet should be convenient, provide easy access to it and fast sync if possible and backup plan of your private key, I think Jaxx fits in well but am still using my blockchain web wallet.
I agree with convenience/sync factors being important. I also think we will see new innovations in wallet technology and interface very soon.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
June 09, 2017, 02:09:06 AM
I use wallet exchanger, because it can be easy for altcoin trading, the transfer is also fast and for this I use safe. There is nothing to worry about I think to use a wallet exchanger
As a day trader, it is appropriate to store bitcoin on an exchange  to avoid any delays in btc transfers because of the congested network

I use multibit and electrum wallet for saving my bitcoins as I think both of them are very safe place to save your bitcoins and not easy for any hacker to hack your bitcoins as I have never lost any small amount from it.
I know we all have been told desktop wallets are above average in terms of security but what are the chances of losing your BTC if someone has access to your computer physically??
IMO a good wallet should be convenient, provide easy access to it and fast sync if possible and backup plan of your private key, I think Jaxx fits in well but am still using my blockchain web wallet.
Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
June 09, 2017, 01:18:36 AM
i used web wallet and paper wallet. and I've been using it for almost 3 years.. so far so good i didn't experiencing a hard problem and its was good wallet because it has lot of way how you will spend your bitcoin  there because it has an option for game credits,gift card,travel tickets Smiley not just like other web wallet which only you can store a bitcoin.
Activity: 476
Merit: 255
June 07, 2017, 12:30:42 AM
...but to think the web wallet is holding such a significant advantage means that many are willing to change their security of their coins completely just to get a little bit more of comfort when dealing with their bitcoin.

South Park, great comment here. I've snipped some of it to get to the point. While I agree with your point above, I also believe that it's possible that web wallets realize that they need your business and the right thing to do is compensate you for the risk you take (not owning the private keys and all).

Nearly all of us want to succeed with bitcoin and we need to trust each other to do so.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
June 06, 2017, 11:46:00 PM
That's a good pick. I have been using multibit and blockchain wallet. Often I do transactions so most of the bitcoin will be there in the blockchain web wallet and the holding for emergency need was placed into the multibit wallet.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
June 06, 2017, 11:42:30 PM
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
June 06, 2017, 10:36:44 PM
Activity: 140
June 06, 2017, 07:53:40 PM
There is a thread about recomendations for the best wallet to use, but not all practice what they preach, so this poll is to see what people are actually using.
I understand that some people use multiple wallets of different kinds, so this poll asks which wallet is most used, this can be measured either by quantity of bitcoin or ammount of transactions.

For me mobile wallet is the most used because it is to handle and carry. Where ever you are you can use your wallet on your mobile.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
June 06, 2017, 06:26:59 PM
Wow, I was surprised to see "web wallet" carrying more than 42% of the votes at the time of this post!

I bet this is an indicator of the demographic of people responding to these types of threads...newcomers to bitcoin and bitcointalk, who are more likely to trade security for convenience.

My favorite wallet (by far) is FreeBitco.in!

We're the only web wallet that is paying you interest for keeping your bitcoin balance with us. For as much as people complain about web wallets and the fact that one doesn't get to have their private keys when using a web wallet it's only appropriate that we compensate you for that trust you place with us.

If you use a web wallet, ask yourself: Why am I not getting compensated for the trust I'm taking to leave my bitcoin with the bank?
I was as surprised, at some point I think the lightweight wallet had the advantage and in my opinion that is the best compromise between security and convenience, but to think the web wallet is holding such a significant advantage means that many are willing to change their security of their coins completely just to get a little bit more of comfort when dealing with their bitcoin.
Activity: 8
June 05, 2017, 12:58:33 PM
I use web wallets and I place my bitcoin in the exchangers wallet. because I think it's easier to use.

I also do that it's easier and you only have to worry about your private keys and nothing else.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
June 05, 2017, 12:29:48 PM
I use web wallets and I place my bitcoin in the exchangers wallet. because I think it's easier to use.
Activity: 784
Merit: 176
June 05, 2017, 03:50:53 AM
I am using a web wallet right now. I prefer a web wallet since I can have access to it wherever I go as long as there is an internet connection. Unlike other wallets web wallets can be accessed using smartphones and apps. Specifically I am using the web wallet hosted by blockchain.info since the btc address keeps changing in every transaction that adds to the security factor.
every wallet has advantage and dissadvantage. web wallet is practical to use but hardware wallet is safer than it. some of them is good for daily use and some of them is good for saving big amount of bitcoin.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
June 05, 2017, 01:50:28 AM
There is a thread about recomendations for the best wallet to use, but not all practice what they preach, so this poll is to see what people are actually using.
I understand that some people use multiple wallets of different kinds, so this poll asks which wallet is most used, this can be measured either by quantity of bitcoin or amount of transactions.

I am using Electrum wallet from last two years.Its very safe to use.We can set transaction fee manually.A seed is generated during registration for password which we can use for recovering our account in future.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
June 05, 2017, 12:36:19 AM
Right now, I am using a number of different wallets, including web wallets, exchange wallets, paper wallets, and Lightweight Wallets (Mobile). But almost all of my coins are stored in paper wallets. I want to purchase a Trezor wallet, but right now I can't afford one.
Activity: 469
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 05, 2017, 12:08:00 AM
I recently bought a trezor hardware wallet. Have been using it for a week or so now and it has been great. Really easy to use and really safe. Well built as well.
Activity: 16
June 04, 2017, 11:57:51 PM
I always like to use Online Wallet, cuz it's fast, easy to use, useful Cheesy I trusted XAPO & Coinbase, they have high quality Security can help our protect Bitcoin in our wallet by the best way Cheesy
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
June 04, 2017, 10:59:06 PM
When I still new known bitcoin, I only save my bitcoin to their wallet (exchanger wallet), but after I learn more about bitcoin I save my bitcoin to offline wallet such as electrum and left to Paper Wallet (self generated), secure is one thing to considering.
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
June 04, 2017, 10:06:36 PM
I've just noticed that most of us here trusted this web wallets, but trust me guys, don't put all your bitcoins on the web wallets because there is a lot of hackers out there lurking around the internet waiting for a very soft part of the system to be torn apart, and if this thing happens, you are all doomed, going to be frustrated because there is nothing left on your wallet, you can't even access the site.

So, if you guys wants a really secure wallet, use hardware wallet, I'm not promoting or something, I'm just sharing the fact where you could store your bitcoin in a very safe place, no one could hack it, unless they are going to do it personally and get your private key of your hardware wallet and of course your hardware wallet.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
June 04, 2017, 09:14:55 PM
I use lightweight desktop wallet (electrum), it's more comfortable for me and theoretically secure. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: