Pages:
Author

Topic: What type of wallet do you use? - page 11. (Read 38509 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
June 04, 2017, 08:04:55 PM
I use two wallets; Electrum for my desktop and Coinbase for daily use. This provides me with a convenient and safe method to store my Bitcoin, as there is no third-party involved. Electrum is highly effectively as it does not use much storage on my computer. It provides options for cold-storage and encrypts my private keys which are then stored on my computer. Moreover, it provides me with a recovery policy for any loss of Bitcoin through my secret phrase.

Coinbase is my trading wallet. I store small amounts of Bitcoin (never higher than 2BTC) in it. This is a convenient and relatively safe option for me.

PS: May I ask what is this option 'Physical Bitcoin'? I have never heard anything like it and considering the results of the poll, I don't think anyone else has either.
Activity: 378
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 04, 2017, 07:52:47 PM
I prefer an offline wallet for security. As long as you protect the private key, an offline wallet is probably the safest.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
June 04, 2017, 07:45:24 PM
I use web wallet and its the only wallet that i use and i guess it is the best wallet because using a web wallet you can enter though online and means whatever you use mobile or pc you can use your bitcoin wallet you jist need a internet connection and it was also great in buying thing using bitcoin you can caery your wallet using your smartphone.
Activity: 575
June 04, 2017, 07:35:11 PM
I'm currently on only web wallets and have stopped using the others because I don't have much of a hard drive space to run the entire Bitcoin core on the desktop. I thought of using lightweight wallets but I prefer the web wallets for now.

A web wallet is not really secure, it can be hacked at any time. Most web walks use cloud data, so information leaks are dangerous.
Activity: 476
Merit: 255
June 04, 2017, 05:33:58 PM
Wow, I was surprised to see "web wallet" carrying more than 42% of the votes at the time of this post!

I bet this is an indicator of the demographic of people responding to these types of threads...newcomers to bitcoin and bitcointalk, who are more likely to trade security for convenience.

My favorite wallet (by far) is FreeBitco.in!

We're the only web wallet that is paying you interest for keeping your bitcoin balance with us. For as much as people complain about web wallets and the fact that one doesn't get to have their private keys when using a web wallet it's only appropriate that we compensate you for that trust you place with us.

If you use a web wallet, ask yourself: Why am I not getting compensated for the trust I'm taking to leave my bitcoin with the bank?
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
June 04, 2017, 04:50:55 PM
I'm currently on only web wallets and have stopped using the others because I don't have much of a hard drive space to run the entire Bitcoin core on the desktop. I thought of using lightweight wallets but I prefer the web wallets for now.
Activity: 365
June 04, 2017, 04:32:26 PM
The wallet I use the most is web wallet since it is very convenient and easy to use as long as you have an internet access since I don’t have so much bitcoin at hand but if so then I will go with hardware wallet for more secure storage.
I doo prefer the web wallets for the convenience it provides compared to the offline wallets. Most prefer offline wallets for the increased security, but now a days online wallets too have got necessary security features to make our holding safe. It's good to use hardware wallet for long term investment, who just save it and forget it. After long years the value will be very big than what people expect.
This is good I also use web or the online wallets. The reason as discussed, that they are more secure than those of the offline ones. Also they have many features that enable you to understand them better and make it useful according to your own need. With the passage of the time we can see that the things are changing and becoming more sophisticated and more secure than ever before.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
June 04, 2017, 03:10:23 PM
I don't know what a lightweight wallet is, but I am using an application in my mobile phone named Coins.ph. It is really efficient and I can pay bills and load anywhere in our country, as long as there are internet that is. But I also want to store Ethereum in these wallet, the problem is, Bitcoin is the only Digital Currency that is available in these wallet.
Lightweight wallet is a wallet that is not a full node and that does not download the full blockchain, these wallets are faster to synchronize and are very easy to use and maintain, many prefer to use this wallets instead of the Bitcoin core wallet, since the blockchain keeps growing and it takes a lot of time to get ready to use.
Activity: 392
Merit: 292
June 03, 2017, 06:56:08 PM
I don't know what a lightweight wallet is, but I am using an application in my mobile phone named Coins.ph. It is really efficient and I can pay bills and load anywhere in our country, as long as there are internet that is. But I also want to store Ethereum in these wallet, the problem is, Bitcoin is the only Digital Currency that is available in these wallet.
Activity: 714
June 03, 2017, 06:50:42 PM
For me the wallet to use is an online wallet. I tried the core wallet a few years back, but syncing is taking to much time. So my bitcoins are with coinbase and blockchain. My altcoins are in my pc wallets.
Although the syncing is take a longer time but it is more saver. Divide your bitcoin in both so you can still can use online wallet for daily life. online wallet is good enough to store small amount of bitcoin.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
SkyFall
June 03, 2017, 06:30:44 PM
For me the wallet to use is an online wallet. I tried the core wallet a few years back, but syncing is taking to much time. So my bitcoins are with coinbase and blockchain. My altcoins are in my pc wallets.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
June 03, 2017, 05:53:05 PM
Around 5 months back I was using two light weight wallets. One of them was mycellum And The Other was electrum wallet. Market has got very high fees so it is better to be switch for trading and transfer your money in altcoins as that can save us lot of time as well as money.
That is a good enough solution but the problem with converting your bitcoin to an altcoin is that at any moment the altcoin could crash so I suggest that you only convert to altcoin the amount of money that you need and you keep the rest of your bitcoin in your wallets, that way you get the best of both worlds, fast confirmation times when you need them and most of your money on bitcoin.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Make a Bet, Make a Bit!
June 03, 2017, 01:55:54 PM
I use trezor for HODL'ing bitcoins in cold storage and mycelium as a mobile wallet for quick and easy transactions.
Activity: 348
June 03, 2017, 01:29:35 PM
I use Electrum Wallet for hold my Bitcoin in Long-term because it can get Private key and is a Lightweight Wallet. But I use Wallet in Bittrex and Poloniex for exchange Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
June 03, 2017, 01:20:07 PM
When started to use bitcoin that time i used XAPO and COINBASE , till some time back i was using coinbase but after they all started to charge for incoming and outgoing transaction i stopped them. Now i am using Electrum Desktop wallet as i have full control on my wallet address and i can use it any way and any where by just remembering the passphrase

I started out the same way as well, and I totally understand why.  It was super convenient and easy to purchase and use, but the mere fact that you are relying on those centralized exchanges to purchase and store coins are dangerous.  Even purchasing your coins from there makes me, personally, uncomfortable.  Now and days I just use localbitcoins.com or bitsquare.io.  
Dear mate let me explain you something… you may have some problems with the exchanges but we are not supposed to talk about the exchange in this conversation. It was something about the wallet that you were supposed to talk about. Anyway leaving this all and coming to a point that you have discussed and I want it to be clear it to all.

The electronic currency storage is no doubt a way high risky job. Those who don’t want to take risk them better to sleep only.
Activity: 770
June 02, 2017, 02:58:26 PM
I definitely 100% use a paper wallet. I also made a copy of it and stored it in a different location, both are laminated to be protected too.
though are you sure that no one other than you can find it? To be honest I think it's one of the best ideas to store bitcoins though you need a lot of stuff to do to make it safe. In my opinion it is better to just use a hardware wallet. In this way you will have your bitcoins safe and offline.
I have been using Web wallet since I started using bitcoin, precisely blockchain.info until recently that a fellow bitcoiner on the forum told me how bad using Web wallet can be for me eventually. He stated paper wallet or desktop wallet as more secured. Still looking into it though and I hope to start utilising one of them soon.
yeah, basically that's the same thing I use as you did before. Online wallets are the easiest and are good for small money to use it as a hot wallet.
Activity: 672
June 02, 2017, 02:57:00 PM
I really love to use electrum, i gotta say that it is an awesome wallet, you can pretty much control the fee you want to give, and there is no limits basically: you can give up even 1 satoshi fee Cheesy
Obviously, that does not make sense brcause you would never get the money transfered, but still that is a great feature.

I use coinbase for smaller amounts, because it is mobile and easy in using.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
June 02, 2017, 02:55:25 PM
I have been using Web wallet since I started using bitcoin, precisely blockchain.info until recently that a fellow bitcoiner on the forum told me how bad using Web wallet can be for me eventually. He stated paper wallet or desktop wallet as more secured. Still looking into it though and I hope to start utilising one of them soon.
Most of the newbies are using online wallet when they started to use bitcoin because it is the most advisable in newbies that earn a little bit of bitcoin and it is the most easiest to set up. Afterwards if the user wants to upgrade the security of their bitcoin they are upgrading to paper wallet or desktop wallet like this pips.
Activity: 630
June 02, 2017, 02:42:50 PM
I use web wallet to keep all money save and secure. And of course Payoneer is the best web wallet for me.
Please does payoneer support funding via bitcoins?

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think they do. Although, there are ways you can purchase bitcoin using your payoneer account via third parties like paxful. Maybe Rajbir was referring to Web wallet generally.
Activity: 630
June 02, 2017, 02:39:15 PM
Pages:
Jump to: