Pages:
Author

Topic: What video games do you play? - page 78. (Read 174681 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 500
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
November 09, 2013, 10:03:20 PM
Planet Side 2, but quitting soon...

MMORPG and other MMO games are usually bad for you. Some faster competition games are fine, if you consider them as a sports activity of sorts. But games where you are expected to grind grind grind, ugh! Nothing they can offer can compensate for amounts of uselessly spent time , which you can surely use in a more productive or fun way. I kinda gave up on MMO's long time ago and it was a great decision.
Activity: 647
Merit: 501
GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥
November 09, 2013, 09:22:57 PM
Planet Side 2, but quitting soon...
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
November 09, 2013, 11:54:50 AM
I play some Paradox games like Crusader Kings 2, Victoria 2, Europa Universalis IV.
Currently I'm playing Commander : Conquest of The Americas.
I played Age of Empires 2 & 3, looking to buy the HD version of Age of Empires 2.
I played Civilization 3, 4, 5.
I guess, anything that will give you insomnia and takes a lot of days (yes, not hours, days) to finish it, I play it.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
November 05, 2013, 10:10:14 AM
Any UT99 players on here? Was wondering if there are still active servers. I used to play it a lot, and I'll definately install it if there are still active players online.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
November 09, 2013, 11:43:35 AM
No More Room in Hell is awesome!

Played it during the Beta(before it reached on Steam, but was already Greenlit) and yes, pretty nice game.
Now the devs should focus for now only on adding content, most part of the game is already pretty concrete and non-buggy.
I too played. Some time before release on Steam. The first few months the game was buzzing with players. After I stopped playing and decided to come back, I found only a few servers and every of them were empty. Still, a fun game, with realistic amounts of ammo and old school slow zombies.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
English <-> Portuguese translations
November 09, 2013, 10:42:32 AM

Played it during the Beta(before it reached on Steam, but was already Greenlit) and yes, pretty nice game.
Now the devs should focus for now only on adding content, most part of the game is already pretty concrete and non-buggy.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
November 09, 2013, 10:34:26 AM
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
November 09, 2013, 09:50:51 AM
gta  Smiley
Activity: 602
November 09, 2013, 08:05:51 AM
I'll be getting BF4 on the ps4. Hopefully the crashing will be reduced by then.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 08, 2013, 11:04:28 PM
now i will try BF4

Have they fixed the issues with it yet?

dont know i am instaling it now
November 08, 2013, 11:01:13 PM
now i will try BF4

Have they fixed the issues with it yet?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 08, 2013, 10:55:11 PM
now i will try BF4
November 08, 2013, 10:49:18 PM
Wargames. A great game.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
November 08, 2013, 01:58:20 PM
Maybe for pure pvp unless its a core component, wow and most of its clones just had pvp and rvr tacked on along with everything else they could think of to be jack of all trade games but masters of none. Gear and level imbalances make any chance of reasonable balance impossible so balancing of abilities is pointless in them. Wow and clones have done more harm to MMORPG's than anything else imho, games like ultima and DAoC got the genre off to a great start then suddenly every game has to be just like wow only different.

Ryzom's another that runs on linux and has a great community, it came out just before wow and has really kick ass AI (but very dated graphics) and was developed as a showcase for it (they wanted to sell the AI to other studio's). Its worth playing just to see some of the ideas but wow came along and innovative ideas took second place to kung fu pandas and winged horses farting fireballs :/

So much win in this statement.

I still think the first two MMOs were the best ever made, and have revisited them both in the past couple of years.   Of course I am talking about The Realm and Ultima Online.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
November 04, 2013, 06:15:20 PM
Any Worms Armageddon fan should check this: Hedgewars.
Similar Fan-game, nothing else to say.

I'll take a look at it. Thanks for the tip!
legendary
Activity: 1540
November 08, 2013, 01:30:38 PM

Just checked some clips for it, it was still early in development when I was checking it out but it doesn't seem to have gone forward much since, shame because there are some really nice ideas in it. I think oblivion online is going to cause a lot of disappointment, went in to some of the details of mmo networking and it doesn't seem possible to make oblivion gameplay work over a network

Part of the problem is the obsession over graphics, Planetside has proven that it is actually possible to get some awesome FPS combat going on and make it an MMO but you have to be willing to sacrifice polygon count so everything runs smoothly, this is why people are still playing the old games like Counter-Strike Source because the developers have done just enough to make the game look reasonable and then worked on the gameplay only.

With how powerful computers are now you could easily make a fast paced MMO with no silly grinding if you have a polygon count that the source engine uses but no one is willing at the moment to do it, I can't wait until I get into 3D and networking with lots of players so I can experiment Cheesy.

The problem isn't how powerful a computer is, but the internet truly is the problem.
The lag is what breaks every single fun on a Action Paced MMO, like Tera, Vindictus all the others. You're not going to let things happen on client-side, otherwise hackers will spawn everywhere, like on F2P FPS games.

Hackers are a problem with using a one server/one organisation moderating game, just need to make it so anyone can make a server and have the server limit really high, I think in regards to PVP games at least the whole ideas of MMORPG is completely flawed.
legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
November 08, 2013, 11:26:05 AM

Just checked some clips for it, it was still early in development when I was checking it out but it doesn't seem to have gone forward much since, shame because there are some really nice ideas in it. I think oblivion online is going to cause a lot of disappointment, went in to some of the details of mmo networking and it doesn't seem possible to make oblivion gameplay work over a network

Part of the problem is the obsession over graphics, Planetside has proven that it is actually possible to get some awesome FPS combat going on and make it an MMO but you have to be willing to sacrifice polygon count so everything runs smoothly, this is why people are still playing the old games like Counter-Strike Source because the developers have done just enough to make the game look reasonable and then worked on the gameplay only.

With how powerful computers are now you could easily make a fast paced MMO with no silly grinding if you have a polygon count that the source engine uses but no one is willing at the moment to do it, I can't wait until I get into 3D and networking with lots of players so I can experiment Cheesy.

The problem isn't how powerful a computer is, but the internet truly is the problem.
The lag is what breaks every single fun on a Action Paced MMO, like Tera, Vindictus all the others. You're not going to let things happen on client-side, otherwise hackers will spawn everywhere, like on F2P FPS games.
Activity: 275
November 08, 2013, 07:03:38 AM
Playing tower defense mostly...
legendary
Activity: 1540
November 08, 2013, 04:23:12 AM

Activity: 326
November 08, 2013, 04:13:27 AM
Playing Crysis 3 now Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: