Pages:
Author

Topic: What we've learnt today. - page 29. (Read 84580 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
January 25, 2013, 06:52:25 PM
Today I learned that more than 1000 bitcointalk users want to look at someone elses' cock.
Or maybe there are just 100 users who want to look at someone elses' cock 10 times.
There's still more to learn about this, I see...

SOURCE: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/look-at-my-cock-136167

Today I learnt psy data mines cock threads. Must be a Portuguese thing.

Portuguese guy walks up to a Scotsmen.

Scotsmen: WTF, dude!
Portuguese: Data mining.
Scotsmen: In that case, I'll enter my Gaelic staff into your tracheal shaft.
Portuguese: Don't tease me!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
January 25, 2013, 06:45:17 PM
Today I learned that more than 1000 bitcointalk users want to look at someone elses' cock.
Or maybe there are just 100 users who want to look at someone elses' cock 10 times.

I have a felling I don't want to click on that.

Also, if that is the thread you are skewing your data since people might click it without wanting to look at a cock.  This is a bad rickroll.
TIL notme has fellings.

I've murdered more than one tree.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
January 25, 2013, 05:17:43 PM
Today I've learnt that in 1992, sewer system blew up in Guadalajara, killing and injuring hundreds in the streets and homes. The explanation is complicated, as it involves gasoline pipeline, electrochemistry/corrosion, gravity, incompetent engineers, and oblivious politicians.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
January 25, 2013, 04:41:33 PM

Also, if that is the thread you are skewing your data since people might click it without wanting to look at a cock.  This is a bad rickroll.
TIL notme has fellings.
legendary
Activity: 1904
January 25, 2013, 04:30:09 PM

legendary
Activity: 1358
January 25, 2013, 03:56:50 PM

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1042
Death to enemies!
January 12, 2013, 02:19:58 AM
Today I learned that high-performance DDR2 memory are still the most expensive and hardest to find compared to DDR1 or DDR3.
legendary
January 12, 2013, 01:14:45 AM
Didn't want to post this on any other thread, so... (found while hunting something unrelated)

legendary
December 09, 2012, 10:33:26 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLOPS

As of October 2012, the Bitcoin Network had reached a cumulative network hash rate of 23.67 Terahashs/s which is estimated to be utilizing hardware capable of 300.59 petaFLOPS, making the network the largest in terms of computing power.[39] It is expected that the network will continue growing at faster than Moore's law in the near future,[40] primarily due to development of specialized ASIC hardware with highly disruptive performance and pricing.[41] Bitcoin FLOPS are estimates based on number of integer operations required to solve double round of SHA-256 (1 INTOP = 2 FLOP, 1 hash = 6.35K INTOP, 1 hash = 12.7K FLOP),[42] its has been suggested that this estimate may be an overestimate by 88%.,[43] yielding a current best estimate of 160 petaFLOPS.

41. ^ "Butterfly Labs, Products". Retrieved July 31, 2012.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
November 23, 2012, 11:24:10 PM
My humorous post was bringing attention to myself, acting as a Grammar Nazi.

Can we now get back on topic? All this talk about big, fat mammals is making me horny.

Today I watched an episode of "Southland" and learned what BBW means.
legendary
November 23, 2012, 11:00:54 PM

There's only one creature worse than a Conjecture Nazi.

In this case there are competing hypotheses. I don't like people dumbing down science, or misrepresenting it (albeit an accidental misrepresentation). In the end you finish up with "the Bermuda Triangle" and spoonbending.

My humorous post was bringing attention to myself, acting as a Grammar Nazi.

Can we now get back on topic? All this talk about big, fat mammals is making me horny.

54,270,319 viewers, and counting, can't all be wrong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
November 23, 2012, 09:16:25 PM
My grandfather was a snitch for the Salazar police PIDE back in the 60/70's...
Probably some persons went missing because of him =/

My great grandfather died in Tarrafal, a concentration camp for political prisioners in Cabo Verde... He was a comunist and he was snitched.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1080
November 23, 2012, 07:35:59 PM
Well, it is not certain for all megafauna, but it is pretty much sure for a lot of large animals, such as aurochs, Moa, thylacine, and so on.   Many fascinating creatures have been wiped out by humans in the last thousands years, and that is kind of sad indeed.

On what basis are you classifying the thylacine as "megafauna"?

I don't.  I was merely talking about "large animals", which is a non-scientific, subjective expression.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
November 23, 2012, 07:17:49 PM

Well, it is not certain for all megafauna, but it is pretty much sure for a lot of large animals, such as aurochs, Moa, thylacine, and so on.   Many fascinating creatures have been wiped out by humans in the last thousands years, and that is kind of sad indeed.

On what basis are you classifying the thylacine as "megafauna"?  The oldest of the species fossils discovered to date indicate that the first thylacines (over 20 million years ago) were actually smaller than the "modern" thylacine (4 million years ago).  Even the modern thylacine was a relatively small animal for an apex predator and definitely not in the "mega-fauna" or even "large animal" class.

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/journal/did-dingo-attacks-drive-the-tassie-tiger-extinct.htm
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
November 23, 2012, 07:10:56 PM

I was only referring to those mentioned in the post - woolly mammoth, rhino, and Australian megafauna. There's evidence that they began to disappear as humans arrived, but ecological conditions changed at those points in time too.

Yes, I was explicit referring to the Quaternary extinction. Which was the disappearance of a huge amount of the worlds megafauna. On theory on this is the overkill hypothesis, which makes the appearance of humans responsible for this event.
donator
Poor impulse control.
November 23, 2012, 07:00:28 PM
Well, it is not certain for all megafauna, but it is pretty much sure for a lot of large animals, such as aurochs, Moa, thylacine, and so on.   Many fascinating creatures have been wiped out by humans in the last thousands years, and that is kind of sad indeed.

I was only referring to those mentioned in the post - woolly mammoth, rhino, and Australian megafauna. There's evidence that they began to disappear as humans arrived, but ecological conditions changed at those points in time too.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1080
November 23, 2012, 06:57:17 PM
Your post includes much conjecture, and should be presented as such:

Sad thing is there where large Animals almost in every region in the world. Mammoth and Rhinoceros in Europe, Elephants in America and even 3 meter Marsupials in Australia. They all disappeared when the first humos showed up, probably possibly due to them beeing easy prey. A Mammoth didn't fear humans. The only region they survived (on a larger scale) is Africa because this is where Humans evolved and the animals might have "learned" to view us as the threat we are.

Sorry, of course it should. It's a controversial theory after all. Wasn't my intention to present it as facts.

donator
Poor impulse control.
November 23, 2012, 06:55:34 PM
But I don't really understand what the difference between probably and possibly is in this context.

"Probably" means the balance of possibility is in favour of your hypothesis - ie it's more likely than any other. This isn't the case.
donator
Poor impulse control.
November 23, 2012, 06:53:21 PM

There's only one creature worse than a Conjecture Nazi.

In this case there are competing hypotheses. I don't like people dumbing down science, or misrepresenting it (albeit an accidental misrepresentation). In the end you finish up with "the Bermuda Triangle" and spoonbending.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
November 23, 2012, 06:51:48 PM
Your post includes much conjecture, and should be presented as such:

Sad thing is there where large Animals almost in every region in the world. Mammoth and Rhinoceros in Europe, Elephants in America and even 3 meter Marsupials in Australia. They all disappeared when the first humos showed up, probably possibly due to them beeing easy prey. A Mammoth didn't fear humans. The only region they survived (on a larger scale) is Africa because this is where Humans evolved and the animals might have "learned" to view us as the threat we are.

Sorry, of course it should. It's a controversial theory after all. Wasn't my intention to present it as facts.

But I don't really understand what the difference between probably and possibly is in this context.
Pages:
Jump to: