Pages:
Author

Topic: What will you do in 2030? - page 26. (Read 26854 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
December 17, 2018, 02:12:04 PM
I think before long there will have to be some sort of incentive in most of Europe for people to have children.

Pay fair wages in secure jobs. Make property affordable.

Since the powers that be have no interest in that, and indeed they're actively incentivised to reduce wages, decrease security and make a roof less affordable, then the decline is inevitable.

They'll eventually pay a massive price for that, and they're starting to now with all the political upheaval, but the people who are doing it now will be dead or counting their money by then so they won't care.
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
December 17, 2018, 02:06:32 PM
Hopefully by 2030 I'll be able to live off what passive income I have managed to generate. I have no desire to spend the majority of my life couped up behind a desk and busting my balls just to be able to afford a roof over my head and some food. The problem of not enough children is going to be a big one in future generations. I am in my mid 20s and I know so many of my friends who cannot or simply do not want to have children because of the financial burden as well as the lack of freedom it provides. I think before long there will have to be some sort of incentive in most of Europe for people to have children.
Activity: 434
Merit: 4
December 17, 2018, 01:46:51 PM
In 2030 - I'm going to live a free life at the expense of my favorite cryptocurrency!  I plan to buy a country house to move there with my family and enjoy life away from factories and hazardous industries. Work is no longer required because I fully provide for myself and my family.
I sincerely believe in it and I know that it will be so.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18697
December 17, 2018, 12:44:07 PM
By the time I'm proper old I'll be amazed if there's a state pension of any sort.

We haven't even hit peak baby boomer yet. The number of adults who are retired and claiming pension is increasing. Look at this chart for the US, for example:

Look particularly at the 50-64 age ranges which are relatively larger, and the 5-19 age ranges which are relatively smaller. In the next 10-15 years, all those baby boomers will be hitting pensionable age, whilst a lower number of Generation Zs will be taking their place. On top of that Millennials are having less children, and so the trend is only going to get worse, with a growing elderly population and a shrinking workforce.
Activity: 420
Merit: 24
December 16, 2018, 10:26:15 PM
Hopefully Bitcoin saves our ass and by 2030 we don't have to worry about money anymore.
You shouldn't focus only in bitcoin investments. There are other investment vehicles that can give you more profit. We need to diversify our portfolio for our future. Putting everything in one basket will make us lose everything. There's no assurance that bitcoin will skyrocket even in 2030 so better find other means for you to profit. There's still so many things and innovations that will arise every year which is maybe better than bitcoin when it comes to its performance in the market.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
December 16, 2018, 10:08:08 PM
By then I hope to be on an island somewhere with software that blocks all media coverage installed in my mind, or eyes. I'll leave the rest of the world to get on with eating itself while I rock back and forth watching the water lapping the rocks.

That's contingent on BTC staying alive and successful. If it isn't then I'll be selling my saggy, fuzzy old behind for a quid a ride underneath a railway bridge somewhere.

By the time I'm proper old I'll be amazed if there's a state pension of any sort. It's a ponzi and one that's running out of steam.

Brazil is the one to watch regarding this. Their pension system is staggeringly generous and I've no idea how they'll keep that going for ten more years, let alone beyond - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/25/world/americas/brazil-pension-michel-temer.html
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
December 16, 2018, 09:49:24 PM
Looks like many economies around the world are going to be suffering major downfalls around 2030. The demographic pyramid is completely fucked up in many countries, with locals not having kids because basically millennial cannot afford to live on their own due low wages and high cost of living. In Europe it's all over the place. What grinds my gears is economists saying immigration is the solution and they will pay our retirement funds. This is insanity.

Anyway, do you have a portfolio that makes you comfortable about the future? we are definitely on our own so be sure to have some passive source of income for the future. Hopefully Bitcoin saves our ass and by 2030 we don't have to worry about money anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: