Pages:
Author

Topic: What would happen if another cryptocurrency took Bitcoins place in Market Cap? - page 12. (Read 2651 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 0
Taking Bitcoins place in market? It seems utopic in the near future. Bitcoin has proved its value. Currently, it is the strongest currency of the crypto market. I do not think that any of the current currency  will take down bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
Well if theres a new cryptocurrency who will took the place of bitcoin then that means theres a new 1st placer in the market.For sure lots of investors will grab it because we are all here for a greater opportunity.So we aim for the best.
Activity: 292
Merit: 11
So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?

That will be a good thing for the cryptocurrency,
as we will see that people are not only for bitcoin and giving importance to every crypto.
but that will be hard to have, but we should not close the possibility.
What good is that? After all, any other coin is not as advertised as bitcoin. Therefore, it will be difficult or impossible to repeat the success of bitcoin. If bitcoin loses its superiority, it obviously will not happen soon!
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?

That will be a good thing for the cryptocurrency,
as we will see that people are not only for bitcoin and giving importance to every crypto.
but that will be hard to have, but we should not close the possibility.
Activity: 182
From the cost of Bitkon depends also the cost of other cryptocurrencies. This is due to the high percentage of Bitcoin's capitalization in relation to the whole market of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
I don't think anything will happen. Bitcoin has always been and will remain the first number. In order for the capitalization of any cryptocurrency to increase, huge money and coordinated actions are needed in the market of those who invest this money. But the most difficult thing is to keep the capital. It's difficult.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
It maybe happening that another cryptocurrency will come in the market, but i don’t think so it will take place bitcoins but instead it will maybe add among other coins. So for me bitcoin is already before the new one get in, so it is not taking its place, it is only adding. So nothing to worry about bitcoins place replacement, because it will stand firm in its place.
Activity: 66
If that happens then the cryptoz will have a total downfall as most of the people are in the cryptoz for btcs
Activity: 107
Merit: 5
Well as what others say here, that Alts will be the new KING. But I don't think it will happen in the near future. Maybe many years from now there is a possibility as many new Alts is being introduce right now. Alts with a wide range of usability will for sure gain momentum and we don't, maybe it something that will replace BTC in the future. That's only a speculations. Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
In my opinion, it will not so good for us. It will make cryptocurrency investment image become bad. People will think that cryptocurrency investment is very very risky and tiring and worrying, because investors should check their investments everytime because their investments could be fail anytime. Bitcoin should be keep become the numner one cryptocurrency so investors will litle bit feel safe about their investments in cryptocurrency.
I think is not bad for someone who have an investment in bitcoin. Keep in mind, the price of coin in cryptocurrency pure is determined by supply and demand, if someday bitcoin is can be replaced it means the investor again that coin is a lot and beat bitcoin users or bitcoin investors move to coin that replaces bitcoin. The investors who have a intelligent thinking always see loopholes against potential coin for investment. And I think this forum is not dedicated to bitcoin users only, if later bitcoin can be replaced this forum will remain a user of cryptocurrency.
Yes that is right but i do not think that it will happen in near future, because in current time bitcoin is the main crypto currency where people are more interested to invest their money as compare to any other crytpo currency. That is why bitcoin is becoming stronger and more popular from time to time. I think that in future bitcoin will become more stronger than any other crypto currency.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
I think its fine for me as long as it is the same as Bitcoin's vision. Open for all, decentralized, and etc.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
don't take it personal because rivalry between cryptocurrencies and other cryptocurrencies were very tight and people always be discover which coins will have potential to being the king of cryptocurrencies and if someday there is another coins could able to taking over bitcoin position on marketcap which mean people already consider bitcoin isn't the best coin again but don't mean bitcoin will losing the value if first position not belong to them anymore
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
In my opinion, it will not so good for us. It will make cryptocurrency investment image become bad. People will think that cryptocurrency investment is very very risky and tiring and worrying, because investors should check their investments everytime because their investments could be fail anytime. Bitcoin should be keep become the numner one cryptocurrency so investors will litle bit feel safe about their investments in cryptocurrency.
I think is not bad for someone who have an investment in bitcoin. Keep in mind, the price of coin in cryptocurrency pure is determined by supply and demand, if someday bitcoin is can be replaced it means the investor again that coin is a lot and beat bitcoin users or bitcoin investors move to coin that replaces bitcoin. The investors who have a intelligent thinking always see loopholes against potential coin for investment. And I think this forum is not dedicated to bitcoin users only, if later bitcoin can be replaced this forum will remain a user of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 242
Merit: 100
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”
I think it would be hard to happen. If it happens it would take a long time because bitcoin is the first coin in the world of cryptocurenncy and currently has the highest price of other coins. And bitcoin already has a great community and forum. Is there a coin that has a forum like this bitcoin? It will be difficult for altcoin to replace bitcoin position.
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will
Half the world only knows about crypto because of Bitcoin. The other half is not existent. The trust is because of bitcoin. If it falls, this whole space will implode.

Possible though ... that's the craziness of this universe.

Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Activity: 140
Merit: 14

The small percentage of the people would hold the Bitcoin further if that situation would happen. Bitcoin would be dumped in the end and this short taking of the Bitcoin off the throne would actually be the Bitcoin demise because it could never return to the first place.
First overtaking would mean more and more dumps with the impossibility for the Bitcoin to recover.
That situation is not going to happen because the Bitcoin established a strong base of the investors which are backing it flawlessly.
Activity: 28
Nothing much will happen except that it will take some time again to get settled in the cryptoz in place of btcs
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
Well you know it's bound to happen sooner or later because Bitcoins is down for more than three months and people are loosing trust.. And switching on to other platforms ..

If the price of Bitcoins didn't got up that soon I feel it will be taken over for sure.

After that it will go tulips is all I think.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Are you looking at the price trend of the different altcoin in the market cap? It seems you are not because you came up with that kind of question. If you look closely at the market cap, you can see that almost all coins are price dependent on Bitcoin, meaning if Bitcoin's price is going down, the same will happen with the others and vice versa. So that is really hard to imagine given the circumstances.

One year ago the BTC/alt pairing was working exactly the other way around; BTC on the rise, alts plummeting.

Who knows what might happen this year?
Pages:
Jump to: