Pages:
Author

Topic: What would happen if another cryptocurrency took Bitcoins place in Market Cap? - page 8. (Read 2651 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 10
So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?

No one knows the future, maybe the Bitcoin can be replaced by Monero or Ethereum, but to beat Bitcoin, they really need a long time. Bitcoin is the strongest and most reliable in crypto, it is more likely that Bitcoin will remain a crypto king rather than being displaced by another coin.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Then the price of bitcoin will just go to a very low price and that will become the end for the bitcoin holder and traders because it means that bitcoin lose the game and it is not the king anymore and there is another king to catch on. As of now, i don't think that it will happen so i am confidently holding my bitcoin for at least a few more years.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Then we will see changes in the leaders, then we will be able to observe some correction. Although I do not really believe in it, I think bitcoin is very firmly entrenched in the leaders.

maybe we can see in the future and will not see this in the short time because bitcoin still leading the cryptocurrency and all coins still adjust their price with bitcoin. maybe if there is a new technology which is better than blockchain technology then the new cryptocurrency will change the position of the cryptocurrency and the bitcoin position will change to that new crypto. but so far, I am not seeing the opportunity for another coin to replace bitcoin in the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0

if it will really happen will the users be accepting it if for instance its ETH that will replace BTC.

its not hard to accept this after all ETH is accepted to most merchants as well. and so ETH will be the BASE CURRENCY for most pairs in the exchanges. its not so hard to see this in exchanges after all we are already seeing ETH/* listed on exchanges.

One more important thing, ETH is the base of almost ICOs in 2 years nearly, so in the future, when these ICOs get listed, they will be good to trade with ETH pairs (to compare with ICO price).
Activity: 350
Then we will see changes in the leaders, then we will be able to observe some correction. Although I do not really believe in it, I think bitcoin is very firmly entrenched in the leaders.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
I already know that Ethereum will surpass Bitcoin in the near future. I mean there are way more uses for Ethereum than on Bitcoin. I mean just converting alt coins to Bitcoins, you will need to convert them to Ethereum first. If that should happen, then people will have more Ethereum in their holdings than bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054

if it will really happen will the users be accepting it if for instance its ETH that will replace BTC.

its not hard to accept this after all ETH is accepted to most merchants as well. and so ETH will be the BASE CURRENCY for most pairs in the exchanges. its not so hard to see this in exchanges after all we are already seeing ETH/* listed on exchanges.
Activity: 196
It is unlikely that any other currency will be able to stand in the first place instead of bitcoin. Bitcoin takes a solid first position and has too strong roots to go by the wayside. This is my personal opinion..
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?
If an altcoin will gonna replace bitcoin's spot in market cap, then, it would be marked in history where investors will surely get crazy to have at least 1 pc. of that kind of altcoin in his portfolio.  This phenomenon might happen but it takes a lot of time and gain a lot of confidence to the investors and market prior to achieving that.  In bitcoin part, it would be a great challenge to its investors on how to get back its spot in the market. 
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
I think that we all will be having a new fresh look on the cryptocurrencies market, which would`nt be printed by an impression, that bitcoin is the most highest and unable to overcome cryptocurrency at the stage.
For the moment no one coin can compete with bitcoin, even ethereum though. it seems that for long term bitcoin will still continue to be the main cryptocurrency, maybe there will come some more sophisticated coins, but the key is on the user? because actually the user is very comfortable using bitcoin right now...
Activity: 213
Merit: 1
I think if that many things will change and I think its hard to surpass the bitcoin of other coin because mostly of some coins relying to bitcoin.
Activity: 82
To different outcomes, if I hold this coin then I would be one happy man, but if I missed out, pure sadness.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
We can not truly say or predict what would happen if another cryptocurrency took bitcoins place in the market cap, for me I will just observe the movement if can really be a good replacement of bitcoin ,because if it can not serve like bitcoin then its useless, we can not also deny that this would happen because of this advancing technology, so there would be a new technology launched.
Right.I think this could happen but i know it will really take a hard time replacing bitcoin's place in the market.People have been used to bitcoin and have been benefited all its potentials so for sure if an altcoin had taken place its position,that coin must be very strong and promising that people have turn their backs to bitcoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
We can not truly say or predict what would happen if another cryptocurrency took bitcoins place in the market cap, for me I will just observe the movement if can really be a good replacement of bitcoin ,because if it can not serve like bitcoin then its useless, we can not also deny that this would happen because of this advancing technology, so there would be a new technology launched.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
I could only think of one thing. That is change. The market may never be the same again. If it would happen other coins may now be dictating the market or maybe every coin will rise up againsts each other creating a cryptocurrency market that is varied and maybe most volatile.
The market you are describing is never going to happen, all fiat currencies use the dollars as their point of comparison and before that they used gold, so it is natural we have a single currency to price them all and bitcoin is the perfect choice not only is the oldest coin, it is the coin with the highest market cap and the coin in which everyone trust.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 629

I do not think such a situation can happen, but if this happens, the market will be seriously affected first. But after a certain period of time, the market will continue to operate just as it does today. I do not think we will see any change if we look at this in terms of the parity because today many large and successful cryptocrrencies already have parallels with USD and other cryptocurrency types. I think the only change that can be seen at this point is the transaction volumes. Of course, changes in volume of this transaction will also be reflected positively in prices.
Activity: 462
Merit: 14

In my opinion nothing will happen. It's just matter of time for anything to be at top. Like in start no one knows about btc and gradually it got famous and reached at the price of 20K$. Some crypto currency has to replace BTC some day. Some obviously it will be ETH to replace BTC. Then everybody will be talking about eth and it will become more famous.
Activity: 198
I think that this case would boil all of the World up. Because for now nobody believe that some kind of coin can take the place of Bitcoin, in my country people are thinking that bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
it will be difficult to happen, but because of this we are wishing, then I think the market will be very crowded if there is another Cryptocurrency that takes the position of Bitcoin in coinmarcetcap. prices will overtake each other, and this will be very profitable for traders.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

then it will change a new position in the coinmarketcap and there will be a new era of the cryptocurrency. maybe bitcoin in that time will be stable and not too volatile like now and another coin which replaces bitcoin in the first position will lead all of the coins to the new era. meanwhile, bitcoin will compete with another commodity in the stock exchanges and will be transformed into something new.
Pages:
Jump to: