Pages:
Author

Topic: What would you do to recover your losses? - page 21. (Read 60800 times)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110
Very rarely, I have to cut the loss, most often I just wait until the price recovers, even though it takes a lot of time to repent. Several times I tried to trade, which led to disastrous results.
Activity: 640
Merit: 100
the coins in my portfolio have dropped very low and there are even some coins which are below the ICO price, so I will return to buy it at a low price to be able to slightly increase the value of my portfolio and trade coins that still get pumps to get the advantage to re-invest, instead of just waiting for it, of course our portfolio value will actually decrease.
copper member
Activity: 518
Merit: 2
Actually what I do is to spread my investments on very good and solid projects and often times, I come out really well in profits with a few of them thus, making up for any losses I must have incurred from other projects. Also, I place low buy orders on projects I lost on and then resell them at higher prices to recoup profits. This is where technical analysis come in, the ability to read and use support and resistance lines.
Activity: 198
Merit: 2
Very simple. Firstly if you are the type that never give up on investment and your investment seems to be more like loss, all you need is just more patience and wait till you hit your desire selling price, and mind you this might be more time than you expected.
Another thing is take a chill and learn more about what causes the loss and how to be expert.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
Trading an altcoin that has already gone below ICO price that one bought is just counting more losses. In any case, if the funds can still go for trades, I will do that to recover the losses.
Wow this is good if you lost in crypto currency you should trade because I have seen so many people winning for trading long term, in crypto its natural for price rise and fall but those who moves and learns how to take turn wins at the end, I personally now trusting crypto and I am buying for long term so soon my money will rise and I will be able to gain profit again.
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
Any coins that are pretty hype at this point in time where the bear market is dominating is not to be considered yet because the market is highly volatile and we cannot tell if we can experience more losses if we exchange our other altcoins to eth and buy the ones which is hype. It is not quite good to think about it for now.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
Trading an altcoin that has already gone below ICO price that one bought is just counting more losses. In any case, if the funds can still go for trades, I will do that to recover the losses.
Activity: 798
Merit: 258
Every time I got loss  in crypto trading, to recover it I don't want to repeat the mistakes I have done. It means I need to think another way to get more profit,  Instead of getting disappointed or frustration, I must face what is waiting for me in the good future I have here in this field of crypto business.
Activity: 378
There is nothing I can do to recover the losses because everything has happened, for the future I will save the coins that I have in a long time until the market returns and I have to be patient to wait for the results to be obtained in the future
Activity: 812
You have a long list of altcoin portfolio that have tanked down by 90% since you participated in the ICO.  What was $5000 is now worth $500.  You are at a loss of $4000 and there happen to be an upcoming token sale that is pretty hyped.

You are in desperate need to recover your losses and you plan to invest in that hyped token sale in hope that you can earn 5-10x.  Would you:

1. Pump fresh fiat out of your pocket into the token sale or
2. Trade off the the altcoins you have for BTC/ETH and invest into that hyped token sale.

Share your thoughts.

If there are some ICO which is better and more interesting, first i will research about the development of -90% ICO.
I will sell my altcoin partly and participate to buy some coin in new ICO if they are not developing anymore.
But i won't sell anything if they keep stick to the road map planning and progressing.
Activity: 66
I feel,it is time to stop thinking about loss because the more you think about it,the more you are likely to make bad decision.If you have a portfolio that have gone down in price,if you can trade it to invest in better coin,why not,instead of hodl.
Activity: 826
Merit: 103
If you hold an asset that has alredy dropped 90% then I can't really see it would make any sense to sell it at the bottom. Maybe it will resurface to its old glorydays and make you rich again.
Activity: 700
Merit: 12
all that loses after january 2018 - will nothing cover, just if the situation will back, now trying to trade but it is nothing according that I had
Activity: 509
Losses as profit will not always. And you need to get used to it. I just believe that the mistakes are learned and the sun always comes out after the rain. Therefore, after losses or after the fall of the market there will always be growth and profit.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
Wait for the opportunity to fly to the moon: D. Or you can buy a potential electronic currency and wait up and sell
We are having good opportunity right now, as if we will buy price is low but holding with patience will give better result at the end, there are so many coin which can give even the better result, like we can buy bitcoin, ETH and Ripple, I will only prefer buying at red and hold until it recover all my lose or the price fall.
Activity: 254
for me i will hold the coin for a maximum of 6 months and continue to pay attention to the development of the coin, how the coin grow. why hold for too long if as long as you hold you miss another good opportunity?
Activity: 242
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
You have a long list of altcoin portfolio that have tanked down by 90% since you participated in the ICO.  What was $5000 is now worth $500.  You are at a loss of $4000 and there happen to be an upcoming token sale that is pretty hyped.

You are in desperate need to recover your losses and you plan to invest in that hyped token sale in hope that you can earn 5-10x.  Would you:

1. Pump fresh fiat out of your pocket into the token sale or
2. Trade off the the altcoins you have for BTC/ETH and invest into that hyped token sale.

Share your thoughts.

Probably in this case, I would have done as you say, I would have invested the rest of the money in a new IEO project on some of the most well-known exchange. And I would try to do it until I compensated for the losses.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
doing trade with my remains ballance is the only my way to recover losses
join ico is not good when you not really know which ico that will give you profit or not
Activity: 686
The best way to recover your losses in the crypto ecosystem is to admit that your money is gone, develop a new strategies to suit your current income you have available and finally research on the available opportunities on the crypto ecosystem. If you are greedy and obsessed in recovering your losses, you might lose the remaining amount that was left available. You need to understand that investing in the crypto ecosystem has a lot risks due to the volatile nature of cryptocurrencies and learn to minimize these risks. 

I agree, there is nothing better than adopting and forming a new strategy. If I see that the asset has gone to the bottom for a long time, I will transfer money from it to where they can bring me profit.

Always dreaming and not materializing until now and you start thinking back to buy some good coins and make it good luck in the future.
Activity: 348
Since I am already at loss with my investment, the best bet is to hold and wait for recovery  but while waiting I thing looking for good low undervalued coins won't be bad to hold, but this should be done with money you can also risk. At least this can help one recover a little once there is an upward movement.
improvement in the market is an attraction for everyone. including for traders where many of them are also now active in altcoins at low prices. by trading altcoin, maybe the benefits can be quickly obtained, especially with the current market conditions moving up.
Pages:
Jump to: