Pages:
Author

Topic: What would you say to people who advice you to sell all your bitcoin? - page 10. (Read 6354 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 253
My policy is to keep my own counsel.  There's so much garbage advice being offered that its impossible to know what to believe.   And everyone has an opinion,  even if it's wrong.

THIS!
100% true. "everyone has an opinion, even if it's wrong."
It is my money and i am responsible for my actions. If i lose it all. Fine, but at least it was my own decision. Maybe i will learn from it, maybe not, but it is my fault.
Imagine a friend/family member gives you advice and you listen blindly to it and lose a lot of money. This will be awkward the next time you see this person.
There are so many people out with no idea what they talk about or even worse (they know but lie to you to gain some profit).
Most people learn the hard way, but you need to decide on your own. Even parents can be bad counsel.
If someone has to offer advice you can listen, but then check for yourself and then decide. 
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
"Bitcoins aren't illegal" which is what I tell those defaming it and to others who recommend to sell all my coins, I thank them for their advise but at the end follow my own instinct. I always keep the "Sell" amount in mind when I trade bitcoins and if it drops below that amount, I choose to sell my bitcoins or not but I never follow what others tell me to do unless they are reputed members whom I can trust with regards to the market.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Meh -- I just laugh at them and maybe use it to buy another gift card if I even feel the need to "get rid of" my Bitcoin at all.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
I used to reply telling people to buy themselves some Bitcoin, use it and see... Now I don't even bother, I just reply "No".
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I've seen many people around bitcoiner who keep say/advice them to sell their bitcoin because various reason such as "sell before the price fall", "turn it into real money", "don't be fooled with that scam", "it's illegal to have/use bitcoin" or other reasons.
So, what would you say to people who advice you to sell all your bitcoin?

All those reasons are stupid. Yes I get that the price can fall, but that's just what happens sometimes.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1012

"Dude, remember back in 2011 when you told me to sell all my bitcoins? Yeah... that's was great, wasn't it?"
Activity: 616
Merit: 262
I've seen many people around bitcoiner who keep say/advice them to sell their bitcoin because various reason such as "sell before the price fall", "turn it into real money", "don't be fooled with that scam", "it's illegal to have/use bitcoin" or other reasons.

I will just say to them that I believe bitcoin will rise in value and it's my own investment so I can decide when I will sell them. It's just a matter of patience because if major investors are investing on it which means they believe that they can profit from it someday, then I would also believe in it.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
For me they are none sense why i will sell my bitcoins right now.? do you think the price of bitcoin will fall instead of increasing.. honestly we are still not experience of any changes after block halving and we are still waiting for the price increase.. so better to hold and wait for the best time to sell..
Activity: 504
Merit: 250

"You're right."
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

I would ask them if they have sells their bitcoins, if they say no then I would block/ignore them.
Sometimes is good to hear suggestion from others but after all I'm the one who make the decision what to make with my own money.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
i will takeit as a good advice because i know the present but future is unexpected so its better not to take risk when someone  is saying me to sell it now maybe thats a sign

that's crazy. most of the people here are morons. many of those who aren't morons have their own agenda and if you follow it that makes you a moron too.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
One world One currency, Bitcoin.
i will takeit as a good advice because i know the present but future is unexpected so its better not to take risk when someone  is saying me to sell it now maybe thats a sign
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
sometimes they're right in the short term but so is a stopped clock a couple of times a day. either way it's my decision to make and anyone who believes they have a clue what bitcoin's gonna get up to in the future needs a reality check.

this forum has a rich catalogue of people who declared everything was dead and sold up and it was often in the sub $20 days. either they were making a shitty attempt to scoop up more or they really did disappear and curse themselves every moment since.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Ironically , those people are most of the time Altcoin users.

I personally wouldn't say much , I will simply disagree with them. Each one has his own opinions , you think that Bitcoin is going to die ,right? you gave me an advice , now it's up to me take the right decision and It will be my responsibility If I lose money.
Now it depends , If there are some good arguments (like real arguments) I may think about it otherwise I will just disagree as I stated above.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I'd tell them to take all of their fiat currency and sell it for gold, or another fiat currency. They don't realise that coins are actual currency, and that a lot of people don't just keep them for investment, but actually use them to buy goods and services. I could just as easily provide no evidence or reasoning and say "sell all your dollars and buy pesos" and they'd laugh me out of town - they're telling us the same.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I would advice him to not sell al your bitcoin money because it is better to invest in shares in one site which i know to get big profit with shared example invest 1$ get 200x bigger money after 1-2 year in that sute and i would explain him how.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
normally when i hear a crowd of people shouting out its time to sell bitcoin, i just see it as an opportunity to buy slightly cheaper if they do sell.

i have seen it happen a few times in the past. especially with goldhoarders. they try to get people to sell their bitcoins for gold.. but the secret is the gold hoarders are trying to get rid of their gold for bitcoin.

in short when someone is trying to sell another person is trying to buy. so think of the opposite to when "others" are telling you to do and think hard about why they are telling you to do it.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Actually they are the optimists. They want you to sell your bitcoins so that they can buy it cheaper. My suggestion is don't sell any of your bitcoin. You will sell your fortune.

Bitcoin has the potential to become huge. Wait for some more years and you will be rich. Don't get provoked by them.
Activity: 629
Merit: 501
Experientia docet
That would depend on their argument on why I should sell the bitcoins. You can't just dismiss every single thing people say without making yourself look like a stubborn idiot.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
My policy is to keep my own counsel.  There's so much garbage advice being offered that its impossible to know what to believe.   And everyone has an opinion,  even if it's wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: