Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 119. (Read 202140 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
February 11, 2016, 09:52:44 AM
mainly? price is not rising..

and sure, it is still quite hard to use, complex, slow...there is really not point to use bitcoin these days, except you are tech savvy guy or buying drugs over internet..

I agree with you about price is not rising. but it's more worse if the price keep decrease and going down like last year bitcoin price down to $150+. and it's make people stop using bitcoin.

i agree. i remember a couple of years ago when bitcoin price was going up from $700-$800 and finally $1000-$1200 and everywhere you looked was talking about bitcoin worth $10K everybody was so curious to use bitcoin, buy an hold but the lower the price went the more people went away.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 11, 2016, 09:41:59 AM

and sure, it is still quite hard to use, complex, slow...there is really not point to use bitcoin these days, except you are tech savvy guy or buying drugs over internet..

I agree with you about price is not rising. but it's more worse if the price keep decrease and going down like last year bitcoin price down to $150+. and it's make people stop using bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047
February 11, 2016, 09:34:37 AM

You say it in a way that people wont use bitcoin unless it keeps rising, yet we all remember few months ago it went under 200 and since then it doubled. Slow? Its still faster than any bank you may use and it will adapt to faster confirmations.
And no point to use bitcoin? Not using bitcoin feels like being the whore of your government/bank.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
February 11, 2016, 04:27:34 AM

legendary
February 11, 2016, 04:25:23 AM
1. Bitcoin price dropped , dropped and dropped
2. People starts thinking bitcoin is a commodity not money
3. Hard to mined
4. Noone accept bitcoin (Bitcoin merchants is not available anymore)
In europe BTC is a currency, if you use it as currency you dont have to care about mining. I dont see the none accept bitcoin thing as real, it may be hard to find off line but its possible, exactly what i said before if people started accepting in in their bussiness it would be different.
you're right, then from it before using bitcoin, we have to understand first of all about bitcoin, because if you plunge into the world of coins, it would be a lot of coins that have sprung up in addition bitcoin and it will make some people stop to use and learn about bitcoin
Heh i didnt thinked about that, but after you understand btc its easy, they all kinda the same, you kinda right tough.
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
February 11, 2016, 03:56:31 AM
3. Hard to mined

i would like to add to this list also the fees that you have to pay to exchange bitcoin from fiat
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
February 11, 2016, 03:53:42 AM
I realised bitcoin may seem hard to be understood by new users. Besides that there is need for more physical services to use bitcoin.
you're right, then from it before using bitcoin, we have to understand first of all about bitcoin, because if you plunge into the world of coins, it would be a lot of coins that have sprung up in addition bitcoin and it will make some people stop to use and learn about bitcoin

i doubt if the understanding bitcoin is the main issue in here.

nowadays it is super easy to use bitcoin with all the different services, payment processors and easy wallets like coinbase, circle, bitpay, xapo,... they are all making bitcoin as easy as possible.

the problem is the price and places to use bitcoin which scares people away.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
February 11, 2016, 03:49:05 AM
3. Hard to mined
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 11, 2016, 03:18:07 AM
I realised bitcoin may seem hard to be understood by new users. Besides that there is need for more physical services to use bitcoin.
legendary
February 11, 2016, 02:45:53 AM
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
February 10, 2016, 01:36:27 AM
I think bitcoin is not too popular in many countries and that is the reason people are not using it, as they lack knowledge related to bitcoins, so it becomes difficult to introduce them to bitcoins and asking them to invest their money.

yeah, and there still countries who has poor internet connection and limits or sometimes too pricey for common people.. 
Activity: 896
Merit: 115
February 09, 2016, 09:35:43 PM
I think bitcoin is not too popular in many countries and that is the reason people are not using it, as they lack knowledge related to bitcoins, so it becomes difficult to introduce them to bitcoins and asking them to invest their money.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
February 09, 2016, 08:47:46 PM
People stop Bitcoin because they give up too quickly. They seem to think if Bitcoin is now very low that it is completely wrong but that is not so.
I think it has a low price, so you can invest now. And if you do so you can later watch a lot of profit with it, but most people do not have the patience.
correct. most people who are not experienced. would panic when bitcoin prices fell sharply, they will sell all their bitcoin
but then bitcoin prices rise, and they are the losers. because they do not want to be patient. maybe most people quit because of the problems it

And big fish takes advantages of it, as they buy it in bulk and hold it for future, people gets panic and they have lack of patience which results them in going through losses, if they would have patience, they would surely make some profits by selling at the right time.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
February 09, 2016, 08:44:21 PM
People stop Bitcoin because they give up too quickly. They seem to think if Bitcoin is now very low that it is completely wrong but that is not so.
I think it has a low price, so you can invest now. And if you do so you can later watch a lot of profit with it, but most people do not have the patience.
correct. most people who are not experienced. would panic when bitcoin prices fell sharply, they will sell all their bitcoin
but then bitcoin prices rise, and they are the losers. because they do not want to be patient. maybe most people quit because of the problems it
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 09, 2016, 07:46:21 PM
I guess there are a lot of prejudices about bitcoins. And because the lack of knowledge people are just afraid to use them and sometimes even think that bitcoin is some kind of evil thing.

That's true and also the price volatility of bitcoins makes people to think and rethink whether to invest their money into it or not, as they have fear that they might loose all their money as the price is not stable.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
February 09, 2016, 12:04:23 PM
I guess there are a lot of prejudices about bitcoins. And because the lack of knowledge people are just afraid to use them and sometimes even think that bitcoin is some kind of evil thing.
Activity: 1190
February 09, 2016, 11:26:54 AM
Plus they're thinking that you need to have adequate technical skills to do it. People love simple things so they'd rather use cash out of their 'real' wallets rather than opening up their btc wallet and initiate a transfer.
possible for most ordinary people who don't know bitcoin they think that using bitcoin will be very difficult
so he was not interested in bitcoin, therefore we need the spread of knowledge about what is bitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
February 09, 2016, 08:50:03 AM
Sometimes i'm wondering, right now everyone with internet connection can use Bitcoin if they want< what is stopping them? They first must buy it!
Price fluctuations and fear! probably!
I have heard multiple times in medias "hacker Satoshi Nakamoto"..

Thats true.Nobody wants to buy bitcoin to use it.Speaking from my own experience.When people first hear about bitcoin and its high price,all they want is to get it for free somehow.Only then when they realize it can't be obtained for free (or from mining which is expensive) some buy it to hold for making profit.Nobody buys it to spend because people still prefer fiat to spend
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
February 09, 2016, 06:50:22 AM

That is why I love seeing this thread. It makes me gain more knowledge and how people stop and that be diverted to a new strength on how to make it better.

That is true patience is always needed losing hope will just be regretted someday.
Activity: 1190
February 08, 2016, 11:10:56 AM
The main reason behind stopping people from using bitcoin is that they have never heard about bitcoins and that goes to developing countries and the third world countries, where they are totally dependent on banking system and are not ready to accept the change or innovative things.
of course if they are ordinary people who don't know about bitcoin. they will not be interested and close the page if it's about bitcoin, and therefore need an introduction and advertisement. so bitcoin could be known by the public.
there needs to be activists of bitcoin maybe lol
Jump to: