Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 122. (Read 202140 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
February 03, 2016, 04:18:45 AM
I think the reason is why people stop using bitcoin because of a reason that not a lot of companies accept it as a payment.
nope it will not make people stop using bitcoin, in fact we are still able to convert bitcoin to fiat then we can still go shopping, it's an alternative way
Yes indeed and moreover, in today's time, if you have enough funds in bitcoin then any exchanger will happily give you fiat like USD in paypal or any other payment options. The basic reason to stop guys from using bitcoin is that it's somewhat complicated.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
February 03, 2016, 03:28:14 AM
I think the reason is why people stop using bitcoin because of a reason that not a lot of companies accept it as a payment.
nope it will not make people stop using bitcoin, in fact we are still able to convert bitcoin to fiat then we can still go shopping, it's an alternative way
Activity: 728
February 03, 2016, 03:20:52 AM
Plus they're thinking that you need to have adequate technical skills to do it. People love simple things so they'd rather use cash out of their 'real' wallets rather than opening up their btc wallet and initiate a transfer.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
February 03, 2016, 03:11:38 AM
The thing that stops people from using bitcoin is that they think its just a waste of time as it needs a lot of time understanding bitcoin and they probably think it has no future.

Probably its true,, and mostly the new adopters of bitcoin have the tendency to say " i am late for that, many people have used it, I won't be earning from that" they tend to skip learning and wants only earning..   Smiley
Activity: 756
February 03, 2016, 03:03:00 AM
The thing that stops people from using bitcoin is that they think its just a waste of time as it needs a lot of time understanding bitcoin and they probably think it has no future.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
February 03, 2016, 02:43:38 AM
Nothing is stopping people from using bitcoins, maybe the only thing that maybe stopping them is legal issues. I have friends who love bitcoins but not use them much due to legal issues and all, maybe one day they will love BTC though.

They will regret in future that why they didn't started to use bitcoins, as the bitcoin can be a global currency in future and the value of bitcoin would be much more, So if you don't get into bitcoins at a moment then it would a biggest mistake.
May be all the bitcoins user are in saving mode and will start selling and buying bitcoins when the price rise atleast 450 usd to get the good average price of any products online.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
February 03, 2016, 02:34:27 AM
Less disbelief people against bitcoin might that influence them to use bitcoin, they may be afraid to be deceived in bitcoin for fraud here is still an awful lot. Most people prefer transactions directly or through banks. Yes maybe it was the opinion of me.

Yeah but if you already know there are a lot of people deceiving here and fraud is used frequently then you will be more careful. People should also think that way. They know what they should be careful at so they will be safer because of that.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
February 03, 2016, 01:43:30 AM
Less disbelief people against bitcoin might that influence them to use bitcoin, they may be afraid to be deceived in bitcoin for fraud here is still an awful lot. Most people prefer transactions directly or through banks. Yes maybe it was the opinion of me.

Hardly, where i live , not many people do bank transfers, maybe online shopping with card, but not wire.

So it is more likely to use bitcoin, coz it's easy.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
February 03, 2016, 12:38:46 AM
Activity: 1190
February 02, 2016, 07:44:04 PM
i think if reason like that not be people stop using bitcoin dude, I am also sad not many merchants who accept bitcoin, but it does not make me stop using bitcoin?
just need time, for bitcoin can be accepted by everyone
Activity: 378
February 02, 2016, 06:42:49 PM
I think there are a few reasons why people are still not using bitcoins

1. Not enough awareness
Even though there are alot of people out there that are usining the cryptocurrency , there are still millions that have not even heard of the crypto currency yet , so i think as times goes by there will be more and more awareness.

2. People are scared of the unknown
If they cant feel it or if know one controls it alot of people re scared of this concept and do not want to be part of a "risky venture"

3. Its hasnt really settled yet
This I think is very important if the bitcoin can keep a steady price for a long time I think more people will begin to trust and use it

Exactly. People are stuck in their ways. And don't like change. I know I don't. And it's not easy. But we all should adapt. And BTC has shown it's value already.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
February 02, 2016, 03:54:36 PM
nothing stops them, the only thing that can stop them is internet connection
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
February 02, 2016, 02:42:11 PM

exactly this is a big stop in front of bitcoin becoming popular.

this plus the volatile market makes it hard for big companies to choose bitcoin as their money.
Activity: 254
February 02, 2016, 12:47:10 PM
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
February 02, 2016, 12:25:56 PM
People do not like learning new things and bitcoins is a very new thing, with bad publicity it gets people think it is something only tech savvy and criminals use.

Yes, learning new thing is the stopping for many people including me. Without technical background getting into bitcoin would be a tough task which causes stopping people from adopting bitcoins.

Oh really, Installing Electrum and creating a bitcointalk account takes less than 5 minutes.

Very hard, indeed.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 02, 2016, 10:43:25 AM
... for instance i bought a new power supply for my pc recently, if i wanted to pay for it with bitcoin there is no place that accepts bitcoin, or i could bend over backwards and use some third party and pay additional fees in order to go through an extra process and pay with bitcoin... so i used cash!

The sanest way to use BTC. Bitcoin wasn't meant to limit choices.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
February 02, 2016, 10:15:09 AM
People love doing things simply "success of Creditcards is an evidence of that",

I can swear to you that I come from, people 50 years old still uses only cash. because they see  credit cards like something difficult. I think it is a problem of education, everything seems difficult when it is new, including bitcoin
True most people who use cash are the elderly and rural people who are blind to technology,
so they prefer to use cash,
but now the era has changed

if by cash you mean the piece of paper in your hand, then you are somewhat right but off-topic.
but if by cash you mean fiat in general in comparison with bitcoin (since we are talking about people using bitcoin) i have to say you are wrong. people are using fiat because bitcoin does not have enough real life application except investment. for instance i bought a new power supply for my pc recently, if i wanted to pay for it with bitcoin there is no place that accepts bitcoin, or i could bend over backwards and use some third party and pay additional fees in order to go through an extra process and pay with bitcoin... so i used cash!
Activity: 1190
February 02, 2016, 09:54:45 AM
People love doing things simply "success of Creditcards is an evidence of that",

I can swear to you that I come from, people 50 years old still uses only cash. because they see  credit cards like something difficult. I think it is a problem of education, everything seems difficult when it is new, including bitcoin
True most people who use cash are the elderly and rural people who are blind to technology,
so they prefer to use cash,
but now the era has changed
Activity: 2016
Merit: 322
February 02, 2016, 09:46:38 AM
People do not like learning new things and bitcoins is a very new thing, with bad publicity it gets people think it is something only tech savvy and criminals use.

Yes, learning new thing is the stopping for many people including me. Without technical background getting into bitcoin would be a tough task which causes stopping people from adopting bitcoins.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
February 02, 2016, 09:40:02 AM
Jump to: