Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 121. (Read 202140 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
February 06, 2016, 10:07:55 AM
i think because of lack of knowledge of bitcoin and its price fluctation Smiley

Lack of knowledge is the primary reason for people not getting into bitcoins, but if they are made aware of bitcoins in proper way then surely there would be a increase in customer base of bitcoins in future, they need to be educated regarding bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028
February 06, 2016, 09:17:33 AM
So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

i think the most important factor is local government's policies. on the other, lack of knowledge dont let bitcoin spread to the world.. bitcoin must clear its name from bad gossips..
Activity: 154
February 06, 2016, 07:26:25 AM
Stop and imagine you need to pay someone say $2000 that painted your house or performed another service.

And you wanted to pay them in BTC

And they heard of BTC and have no problem with the concept but never used it before

When you realize what you have to do - the explaining, the convincing, the handhold, how much time it takes you get them onboard and how much time it takes them to go through the process and have it converted to fiat in there hands.....

Until this is streamlined......

Good point. Not everyone wants to be her own bank, just like not everyone wants to be her own brain surgeon. Because time-consuming, nontrivial tasks.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
February 05, 2016, 04:49:42 PM
Stop and imagine you need to pay someone say $2000 that painted your house or performed another service.

And you wanted to pay them in BTC

And they heard of BTC and have no problem with the concept but never used it before

When you realize what you have to do - the explaining, the convincing, the handhold, how much time it takes you get them onboard and how much time it takes them to go through the process and have it converted to fiat in there hands.....

Until this is streamlined......

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
February 05, 2016, 04:40:21 PM
Well its getting bigger everyday so that's not the problem.
The only thing is that the news say bitcoin got a lot of scammers.

Yeah you are right user of bitcoin gaining up everyday, so you feel no problem if some person get stopped to used bitcoin anymore. But will be better , nothing people who leaves bitcoin for little problem. Hmm.. however it is depends everyone self.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 05, 2016, 11:39:14 AM
Who knows what is in people's heads..
Today bitcoin is awesome and tomorrow could be forgoten.
If we find better opportunity? Do you remeber Myspace and Facebook story?
Activity: 260
February 05, 2016, 11:24:23 AM
i think because of lack of knowledge of bitcoin and its price fluctation Smiley
Activity: 224
February 05, 2016, 10:46:50 AM
Well its getting bigger everyday so that's not the problem.
The only thing is that the news say bitcoin got a lot of scammers.
Activity: 182
Pollak
February 05, 2016, 10:31:58 AM
I do not think you have to stop people to start using Bitcoin.
Because I just think Bitcoin is worth more correct. And that can get more people later profits.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 05, 2016, 09:18:56 AM
Now that I think about it, other than the reputation, what's really stopping people from using Bitcoin is the uneducated minds behind grasping it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
February 05, 2016, 09:15:20 AM
i think bad publicity and the exchange process from fiat to bitcoins
Activity: 201
February 05, 2016, 08:37:49 AM
I think the bad publicity BTC had in the beginning is massively affecting the adoption, at a time BTC was being advertised as solely a criminal currency by the media, now the adoption is increasing but there are still traits of bad publicity in people's minds,

I seldom hear bitcoin being used in illegal trades now. Is it true that there is no big illegal market like Silkroad now?
Activity: 252
February 03, 2016, 02:25:35 PM
I think the bad publicity BTC had in the beginning is massively affecting the adoption, at a time BTC was being advertised as solely a criminal currency by the media, now the adoption is increasing but there are still traits of bad publicity in people's minds,
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
February 03, 2016, 11:46:58 AM
I believe the main reason for more people not adopt bitcoins today is plain and simple ignorance about it, and eventually mistrust on the reliability of the system. That goes away with time, though.

Yes somewhat and moreover people want something to get rich quickly without any effort. I remember how many btc  lovers arise when the price was floating around 1000 $ and how the lovers decreased with decrease in price. I think bitcoins will offer something good sooner or later, so keep using it like you use other systems.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
February 03, 2016, 09:43:59 AM
I believe the current system of fiat is getting scared what bitcoin can offer to them,a full control of the money hold,less expenses to store the money at our own bank,without interest but without a fee being collected just because you have money there,bitcoin is scaring several companies that try to hide it and relate it just to the black market.
Activity: 137
February 03, 2016, 08:53:03 AM
I think it's not like that, There is nothing rigid preventing people from using BTC but nothing encouraging them to take that step, when merchant offer it there should be some better terms, fees or costs for BTC. at least the additional charge for the fees should be waived from the one using BTC instead of traditional payment methods.
Activity: 476
February 03, 2016, 07:41:05 AM
i ever stop using bitcoin. no any reason about problem from bitcoin.
but because i havent bitcoin at the time
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
February 03, 2016, 07:26:43 AM
I believe the main reason for more people not adopt bitcoins today is plain and simple ignorance about it, and eventually mistrust on the reliability of the system. That goes away with time, though.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
February 03, 2016, 06:31:10 AM
The thing that stops people from using bitcoin is that they think its just a waste of time as it needs a lot of time understanding bitcoin and they probably think it has no future.

How many people have been here for years and yet they are still here. Just seeing their post counts and activities tells the truth what bitcoin can do. This people wont stay if it is that bad. Knowledge is what really is needed. They just dont want to learn it. They wont see the future of bitcoin without trying it.
Activity: 358
Merit: 254
void
February 03, 2016, 05:10:55 AM
some of us we can read and understand whats going on around bitcoin but
average people need just simplicity in their lifes .

i was around computers since AppleII and when mobile phones came
i just bought the simplest one and kept it for about 14 years LOL.

young people are more adventurous with their life and always love to
have new things but still they have their interests and all other things
need to be simple enough to make them want to use them.

fact is bitcoin right now is not simple enough and things coming are even
more dificult to keep people use it, too many questions ,too much drama
about blockchains,BIPs etc - it is a bit ironic but most simple people
want bitcoin behave just like flat money does !

but bitcoin is very diferent , give it 3-20 years and if it still alive will be
what next generation will use as money ,flat will go to history books soon

Jump to: