Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 120. (Read 202140 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
February 08, 2016, 10:16:20 AM
People stop Bitcoin because they give up too quickly. They seem to think if Bitcoin is now very low that it is completely wrong but that is not so.
I think it has a low price, so you can invest now. And if you do so you can later watch a lot of profit with it, but most people do not have the patience.
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
February 08, 2016, 07:55:13 AM
I think lack of knowledge related to latest technology is stopping people from using bitcoins, and the other reason is bitcoin is not that popular in many countries and that is the reason people are not adopting bitcoin as a currency or a payment system.

Not only technology knowledge, but the overall change in thinking about money is required. For many people, BTC is like some tricky thing from the internet, thus it can't be treated seriously, as well as many other "computer, virtual" things.

I think that people stop Bitcoin because they think it's very bad with Bitcoin.
But they have no patience. Because I think that Bitcoin is worth much more later.

i agree that people have no patience, when my friends ear about bitcoin and they don't undestand in few minutes the conversation stop whit: naaah it's to difficult for me, i like more dollar  Angry

Indeed that is true, they think its to difficult for them.
Also the bitcoin has a bad name by the media/news.
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
February 08, 2016, 07:50:44 AM
I think lack of knowledge related to latest technology is stopping people from using bitcoins, and the other reason is bitcoin is not that popular in many countries and that is the reason people are not adopting bitcoin as a currency or a payment system.

Not only technology knowledge, but the overall change in thinking about money is required. For many people, BTC is like some tricky thing from the internet, thus it can't be treated seriously, as well as many other "computer, virtual" things.

But they have no patience. Because I think that Bitcoin is worth much more later.

i agree that people have no patience, when my friends ear about bitcoin and they don't undestand in few minutes the conversation stop whit: naaah it's to difficult for me, i like more dollar  Angry
Activity: 271
February 08, 2016, 07:45:26 AM

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
February 08, 2016, 07:09:02 AM
I experienced. when I know bitcoin then "I can not stop to forget bitcoin".
Activity: 350
February 08, 2016, 07:07:42 AM
I think the bad publicity BTC had in the beginning is massively affecting the adoption, at a time BTC was being advertised as solely a criminal currency by the media, now the adoption is increasing but there are still traits of bad publicity in people's minds,

I seldom hear bitcoin being used in illegal trades now. Is it true that there is no big illegal market like Silkroad now?

Well, bitcoin is used a lot by scammers and other illegal organizations.
And there are many black markets on the deeb web, bitcoin has a bad name.
Activity: 756
February 08, 2016, 06:44:46 AM
The main reason behind stopping people from using bitcoin is that they have never heard about bitcoins and that goes to developing countries and the third world countries, where they are totally dependent on banking system and are not ready to accept the change or innovative things.

Everyone will accept the change if they come to know about its worth and value, the only thing is that they think this is just a waste of time, it is never introduced or explained to them so that's why they think it is not something for us because it will just waste our time, but actually they are wrong.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026
February 08, 2016, 06:33:59 AM
Sometimes i'm wondering, right now everyone with internet connection can use Bitcoin if they want< what is stopping them? They first must buy it!
Price fluctuations and fear! probably!
I have heard multiple times in medias "hacker Satoshi Nakamoto"..
Activity: 434
February 08, 2016, 05:36:20 AM

I guess that is not so.
 Because I think people are going to use it right more later because they are going to see what you all can join.
The value is clear, I think gradually rise in the coming time.
Activity: 770
February 07, 2016, 08:48:49 PM
The main reason behind stopping people from using bitcoin is that they have never heard about bitcoins and that goes to developing countries and the third world countries, where they are totally dependent on banking system and are not ready to accept the change or innovative things.
it does not matter. they will understand about bitcoin in accordance with the passage of time. bitcoin currency will grow into big, and everyone inevitably. must use and learn about bitcoin
I don't hope people will understand about bitcoin after my experience to explain about bitcoin to 2 of my friends and 4 of my relatives. Because, after i explained them about bitcoin, they didn't even message me and also telling me that 'i don't have much time to interact with bitcoin' when i asked them.
Activity: 532
February 07, 2016, 08:36:37 PM
it does not matter. they will understand about bitcoin in accordance with the passage of time. bitcoin currency will grow into big, and everyone inevitably. must use and learn about bitcoin
Activity: 242
Merit: 100
Blockchain-based Financial Ecosystem
February 07, 2016, 07:16:01 PM

yes many people are stopping from using  bitcoin so every time bitcoin price increase and dicrease when you see 2015 bitcoin price so many different but all people are only want profit
Activity: 210
February 07, 2016, 12:03:55 PM

Yeah, this leads to major trust issues. Additionally, bad press on how btc is used for illegal things. I know some people who are scared of using bitcoin in fear of getting into trouble with the police
Activity: 676
February 07, 2016, 11:53:16 AM

Activity: 182
February 07, 2016, 11:09:57 AM
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
February 07, 2016, 01:35:16 AM
I do not think you have to stop people to start using Bitcoin.
Because I just think Bitcoin is worth more correct. And that can get more people later profits.
Someone say that bitcoin is scam because they got scam many times after they gain and earn in faucet they invest it in investment site. So they stop using bitcoins because  they are just wasting their time. so i think the problem is ponzi schem thats why some people stop using it because they are got scam from ponzi scheme sites..
Activity: 392
February 07, 2016, 12:00:55 AM
So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

i think the most important factor is local government's policies. on the other, lack of knowledge dont let bitcoin spread to the world.. bitcoin must clear its name from bad gossips..

That's true, if the Governments come in support of bitcoins, then it would change the scenario drastically, as if the Governments will support bitcoins, people would start having faith in bitcoins, and would surely start investing into bitcoins.

Governments nor banks will never support Bitcoin. Simply because they have no control over it. They cant print it when ever they want, nor they can lend bitcoins to ppl or business if they dont have it, like with fiat.
Activity: 210
February 06, 2016, 04:51:49 PM
So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

i think the most important factor is local government's policies. on the other, lack of knowledge dont let bitcoin spread to the world.. bitcoin must clear its name from bad gossips..

That's true, if the Governments come in support of bitcoins, then it would change the scenario drastically, as if the Governments will support bitcoins, people would start having faith in bitcoins, and would surely start investing into bitcoins.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
February 06, 2016, 01:30:08 PM
Stop and imagine you need to pay someone say $2000 that painted your house or performed another service.

And you wanted to pay them in BTC

And they heard of BTC and have no problem with the concept but never used it before

When you realize what you have to do - the explaining, the convincing, the handhold, how much time it takes you get them onboard and how much time it takes them to go through the process and have it converted to fiat in there hands.....

Until this is streamlined......

Good point. Not everyone wants to be her own bank, just like not everyone wants to be her own brain surgeon. Because time-consuming, nontrivial tasks.

The good news is that the process is being streamlined. When I can tell this person to register for an ATM online, got to the convenience store and
withdraw the cash then things will get moving.
Activity: 154
Jump to: