Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 127. (Read 202140 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!
anway what for we stop people using bitcoin?they can buy a thing or sell, do transaction, invest and gambling or do whatever they want with bitcoin
so nothing way to stop them using bitcoin..bitcoin gave them a big function..

I think the only thing that is stopping people from buying bitcoin is their ignorance about the criptocoins

Nopt only ignorance. More and more people around me are starting to talk about bitcoin, but not in a positive way yet.

They hear what the mainstream news has to offer and we all known what that is: Mike hearn's bitcoin is a failure. Massive losses for exchanges, etc.

People are interested in it, but think it is not safe and too complicated at the moment. Once that is solved, people will use bitcoin.
yeah i think the same but in final: bitcoin is safe and it works perfect. The only problem are humans behind it and the media that want to scare users about bitcoin,instead of reporting banks daily frauds for decades that cheat a lot of savers... this is, but i'm pretty confident that this will change, also thanks to btc
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
anway what for we stop people using bitcoin?they can buy a thing or sell, do transaction, invest and gambling or do whatever they want with bitcoin

I think the only thing that is stopping people from buying bitcoin is their ignorance about the criptocoins

Nopt only ignorance. More and more people around me are starting to talk about bitcoin, but not in a positive way yet.

They hear what the mainstream news has to offer and we all known what that is: Mike hearn's bitcoin is a failure. Massive losses for exchanges, etc.

People are interested in it, but think it is not safe and too complicated at the moment. Once that is solved, people will use bitcoin.
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

Because you're asking the wrong question. The question isn't "whats stopping people from using bitcoin?". The question is, "why should people use bitcoin?"

Right now, I don't have a car. If I walk for an hour in any direction from where I live, there isn't a single store that accepts bitcoin. Why should I use bitcoin?

Right now there's absolutely no benefit for the average person to use bitcoin over what they currently have. It's just another thing they have to learn and spend huge amounts of time and effort signing up for various services, pay for wire transfers to exchanges, etc. A lot of work, and absolutely no benefit. In fact, it's less useful than normal payment methods, since it's accepted in a lot less places.

Why should people use bitcoin? If there's no practical answer to that for the average person, they won't use it.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
Not only is it hard to obtain at the moment for many people but there's an aura of complexity around Bitcoin too.  The volatility in the price doesn't really help when you try to sell it as a stable currency either.

The more reputable businesses that accept it; the more curiosity will be drawn to BTC
Activity: 365
I think the scammers are making newbies not using BTC and also I think who are using btc will keep using

Where are you going with this one?  Grin Scammer will be scammers and thats it. For newbies it will always depend on them. How they live might also help. If they have experienced some scams with other things then that is a plus. Because you are tougher than  you are before. Trust can not be easily taken from you unless there is a good explanation.

I am going with this one as here I explain : Newbie try to deal ( unfortunately mostly with scammers ) , and scammers eat their money, either by double spend or any way possible technically, and then newbies start hating BTC
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
I think the scammers are making newbies not using BTC and also I think who are using btc will keep using

Where are you going with this one?  Grin Scammer will be scammers and thats it. For newbies it will always depend on them. How they live might also help. If they have experienced some scams with other things then that is a plus. Because you are tougher than  you are before. Trust can not be easily taken from you unless there is a good explanation.
Activity: 365
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
nothing can stop the use of bitcoin. anything that way. even the use bitcoin will continue to have a good prosfek.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I find that it's just not that convenient to obtain. People would rather use fiat than to jump through various hoops (and paying fees) just to get bitcoin in the first place. This is coming from my own experiences in Australia though. It seems much easier in the US.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
Bitcoin is still very complicated to use for 99,9% of the people. Most users using Bitcoin are techy in any way.
Just need to explain what Bitcoin is to your grandmother and you will see why so many people stopping from using

It's not true. Many users who do use bitcoins on this forum are students in school and they are just interested in mining bitcoins but are still learning about it. The basics of bitcoins as simple as bank accounts to get started with bitcoins. So, this is not a stopping for many new people into bitcoin ecosystem.

I can not deny that bitcoin is kind of complicated to be understood for newbies, but this is because who explain bitcoin for them are geeks and they use some tech terms so people feel it is very difficult to understand this currency although there are many user friendly wallets that are really suitable for those newbie

Every Wozniak needs a Jobs.

Many here keep denying that it's difficult to use. That's a fact but what it's worse is that there's actually no problem to solve. Bitcoin doesn't do anything better than Paypal or CCs. Common people don't need Bitcoin in their lives unless they want to invest long term. People here mentioning Paypal is refundable as if was a disadvantage? you think that's a con for common folks?  Do you think my mother wants to use Bitcoin (which is non-refundable) so the minute she makes a mistake she will lose all her money? Really? Because she will make that mistake sooner or later I guarantee you, there are decimals, authorization keys, brain wallets, address as long as long as line of code, qr codes, and you think being non-refundable is a plus?

I think Bitcoin is a unique technology don't get me wrong but is in its infancy just as the internet was in the early 90s, it's still just for curious and tech savvy people. In this case it also attracts investors and traders.

That is just the side of customers though. but for merchants/sellers paypal isn't what they call "refundable". sellers lose the product and money when a buyer filed a dispute, that's a fact.
Bitcoin is just an option for the people though. I can see there are more paypal users in face I use paypal still.

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is still very complicated to use for 99,9% of the people. Most users using Bitcoin are techy in any way.
Just need to explain what Bitcoin is to your grandmother and you will see why so many people stopping from using

It's not true. Many users who do use bitcoins on this forum are students in school and they are just interested in mining bitcoins but are still learning about it. The basics of bitcoins as simple as bank accounts to get started with bitcoins. So, this is not a stopping for many new people into bitcoin ecosystem.

I can not deny that bitcoin is kind of complicated to be understood for newbies, but this is because who explain bitcoin for them are geeks and they use some tech terms so people feel it is very difficult to understand this currency although there are many user friendly wallets that are really suitable for those newbie

Every Wozniak needs a Jobs.

Many here keep denying that it's difficult to use. That's a fact but what it's worse is that there's actually no problem to solve. Bitcoin doesn't do anything better than Paypal or CCs. Common people don't need Bitcoin in their lives unless they want to invest long term. People here mentioning Paypal is refundable as if was a disadvantage? you think that's a con for common folks?  Do you think my mother wants to use Bitcoin (which is non-refundable) so the minute she makes a mistake she will lose all her money? Really? Because she will make that mistake sooner or later I guarantee you, there are decimals, authorization keys, brain wallets, address as long as long as line of code, qr codes, and you think being non-refundable is a plus?

I think Bitcoin is a unique technology don't get me wrong but is in its infancy just as the internet was in the early 90s, it's still just for curious and tech savvy people. In this case it also attracts investors and traders.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
It is kinda hard to obtain, and not a lot of places accept bitcoin right now. More stores are adopting it, but still a lot of places that dont accept it.

I can't agree with you, i think how a little store which won't accept bitcoin is not tha main factor. We can exchange our bitcoin before buying something.
Activity: 537

It does not require one to be a Master in Computers or tech-savvy but I do agree that many users who don't want to adopt bitcoins find it too complicated to understand. A proper guide to them will get them a chance to use bitcoins.
I think this people will not even start with using bitcoins.

I am using bitcoin when I buy thing and the retailer accepts bitcoin. This gives the retailer some revenue and encourage them to use bitcoin.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

It does not require one to be a Master in Computers or tech-savvy but I do agree that many users who don't want to adopt bitcoins find it too complicated to understand. A proper guide to them will get them a chance to use bitcoins.
I think this people will not even start with using bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

Activity: 140
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
It is kinda hard to obtain, and not a lot of places accept bitcoin right now. More stores are adopting it, but still a lot of places that dont accept it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

Jump to: