Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 13. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

so many reason, for example: they got bored , they think they dont need bitcoin anymore, they think that bitcoin dont have bright future (i believe bitcoin have bright future)

Because bitcoin nowadays is more in gambling and ponzi scam.  I hope that this image will be removed soon.
I think its impossible right now to remove those activity mostly for ponzi scam they are still alive even this forum are restricted it and inform people to dont invest they are still victim for other ponzi sites.. gambling is not a big problem..

Definitely that is really a big problem in bitcoin because of those greedy people that doesn't know how to work hard.
But by means of creating those scamming sites they are able to eat their living.
And when someone is already victimized by it, tendency they are really going to stop using it.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

so many reason, for example: they got bored , they think they dont need bitcoin anymore, they think that bitcoin dont have bright future (i believe bitcoin have bright future)

Because bitcoin nowadays is more in gambling and ponzi scam.  I hope that this image will be removed soon.
I think its impossible right now to remove those activity mostly for ponzi scam they are still alive even this forum are restricted it and inform people to dont invest they are still victim for other ponzi sites.. gambling is not a big problem..
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Because bitcoin nowadays is more in gambling and ponzi scam.  I hope that this image will be removed soon.

the majority of the transactions are gambling related. it was like this from the very beginning. i don't do gambling myself, but i have to admit that bitcoin and gambling are made for each other. as long as the gambling sites stay legit, there is not much that is wrong with it. having that said, i do agree with the fact that i want to see ponzi's and other scams be gone. it's however very difficult when people keep putting money in obvious scams. these people support ponzi's and other scams to exist longer. if people use their common sense and stop putting money in them, then they have no reason to exist anymore.

You are right! And we all know that people now that is going to heard the word ponzi or scam they are going to doubt immediately and going to avoid anything that is related into it.
And it is really destroying bitcoins image because of those scams.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

this could be a valid reason because of what people stopping bitcoin.
Thousands of peoples got scammed by ponzi scammers and fake cloudmining sites. and still getting scam more and more continuously.
I my self didn't see anyone to left bitcoin or want to leave bitcoin but yes this issue could break lots of bitcoiner's heart. and they might loose their trust and faith on bitcoin.
even bitcoin is just a currency and should not be blamed for such attempts but sadly peoples don't understand this.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
When there's a someone who new about bitcoin and want to buy some bitcoins but scammed by a man. That bad first experience when wanna try bitcoin will make people stop using bitcoin.
Yeah this is i think the big reason why people are stoping using bitcoin because i experience that before i am planning to stop because i didnt seen any solution to recover all my bitcoins..  but im not lose hope and i found this forum and learn a lot..

my experience in first time, i get scamed $60 in bitcoin transaction, someone want to sell his bitcoin arround 0.6 ($150) with price $60, i trust it because im newbie in online world,  then I hate bitcoin and i do not want to know about bitcoin, but after 1month someone introduce me how to earn bitcoin with stellar giveaway, so i joined stellar giveaway and earning 6$ , i share my referal code and earning arround $100 it's highest than i lost after it, i learning more about bitcoin. maybe now i earn arround $7500 f0r 3years sidejob

Being victimized by a scamming transaction is really going to be a reason why people are going to stop bitcoin once they got disappointed with it.
And they are thinking that all transactions with bitcoin are going to be scammed at all.
So, they are now scared for using bitcoin.

People can reduce the chances of getting scammed by using official channels for conducting business, buying/selling etc. You can't really blame Bitcoin if you lose money because you decided to trust some shady individual or site. I, myself got scammed a few times when I first got into BTC but I always knew I was the one to blame.

That is being human. Looking for something to blame to not feel the stupidity of the wrong decision we made. I experienced a scam and there is more to it. A hack of your account from the website you filled up your personal info. It is shitty but we have to move on.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
When there's a someone who new about bitcoin and want to buy some bitcoins but scammed by a man. That bad first experience when wanna try bitcoin will make people stop using bitcoin.
Yeah this is i think the big reason why people are stoping using bitcoin because i experience that before i am planning to stop because i didnt seen any solution to recover all my bitcoins..  but im not lose hope and i found this forum and learn a lot..

my experience in first time, i get scamed $60 in bitcoin transaction, someone want to sell his [Suspicious link removed]ound 0.6 ($150) with price $60, i trust it because im newbie in online world,  then I hate bitcoin and i do not want to know about bitcoin, but after 1month someone introduce me how to earn bitcoin with stellar giveaway, so i joined stellar giveaway and earning 6$ , i share my referal code and earning arround $100 it's highest than i lost after it, i learning more about bitcoin. maybe now i earn arround $7500 f0r 3years sidejob

Wow that was a great story tho. Since youve said that someone introduces you on stellar give away and you were still newbie that time can i ask you now to introduce stellar giveaway to me as i am also newbie in this industry too tnx in advance Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

my experience in first time, i get scamed $60 in bitcoin transaction, someone want to sell his bitcoin arround 0.6 ($150) with price $60, i trust it because im newbie in online world,  then I hate bitcoin and i do not want to know about bitcoin, but after 1month someone introduce me how to earn bitcoin with stellar giveaway, so i joined stellar giveaway and earning 6$ , i share my referal code and earning arround $100 it's highest than i lost after it, i learning more about bitcoin. maybe now i earn arround $7500 f0r 3years sidejob

Being victimized by a scamming transaction is really going to be a reason why people are going to stop bitcoin once they got disappointed with it.
And they are thinking that all transactions with bitcoin are going to be scammed at all.
So, they are now scared for using bitcoin.

People can reduce the chances of getting scammed by using official channels for conducting business, buying/selling etc. You can't really blame Bitcoin if you lose money because you decided to trust some shady individual or site. I, myself got scammed a few times when I first got into BTC but I always knew I was the one to blame.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Based on my own experience. First i dont want btc because of lack og knowledge about that. Only my friend guide thats why im hook now on btc. This forum also teach me a lot knowledge  about btc
Yeah I agree to you. I experience that too.when i was a newbie,  Its hard for me cause no one is teaching about it. I am the only one teaching by myself i make trial and error. 2 Months before i get on how can i earn every day in bitcoin and how can i dont get scammed by other peoples

Most of the newbie are experiencing this way too. And it is really sad if they don't know something about bitcoin they tend just to stop or quit using bitcoin.
But if you really want to see them use bitcoins, then do something and help them out by teaching them.
Activity: 560
Crypterium - Digital Cryptobank with Credit Token
Based on my own experience. First i dont want btc because of lack og knowledge about that. Only my friend guide thats why im hook now on btc. This forum also teach me a lot knowledge  about btc
Yeah I agree to you. I experience that too.when i was a newbie,  Its hard for me cause no one is teaching about it. I am the only one teaching by myself i make trial and error. 2 Months before i get on how can i earn every day in bitcoin and how can i dont get scammed by other peoples
The lack of knowledge and the misunderstanding regarding its backing technology were the one which makes users to stand away from bitcoin as well other digital currencies.

This is very true, lack of knowledge and bad press leads to misunderstanding Bitcoin.  People tend to just believe on what is in the news without doing any research.  Sadly often times bitcoin is always involved in illegal stuff when it is presented in news.
Yeah thats one the  reason why people dont want to use bitcoin because they are always heard a news about bitcoin that involve in illegal or scam activity
This i also think before im afraid to hold those bitcoin for nothing but when i found this forum i learn a lot with bitcoin..
that is very good. good and bad elements are present everywhere both in real life and in internet. but this doesn't mean that we will stop working with their fear. i think we will do fight with them and will win.

You are right we need to find those bad elements that stops people on using bitcoin. But not literally fight them alone. But to help them by informing that they are going to benefit once they started to use bitcoin at all.
And not just benefits of it but as well as convenient that they could experience once they used it.
Activity: 700

You are right this is really the main reason why people doesn't even want to use bitcoin at all.
How they are going to use it if they don't know something about it.
And good thing that your friends taught you and guided you about bitcoin.
Well I was also guided by my friend about the bitcoins and told me how to earn bitcoins.
I was lucky enough. Due to lack of proper knowledge people dont use bitcoins.
And also the slow speed for the bitcoin transaction is making people to stop using bitcoins.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The lack of knowledge and the misunderstanding regarding its backing technology were the one which makes users to stand away from bitcoin as well other digital currencies.

This is very true, lack of knowledge and bad press leads to misunderstanding Bitcoin.  People tend to just believe on what is in the news without doing any research.  Sadly often times bitcoin is always involved in illegal stuff when it is presented in news.
Yeah thats one the  reason why people dont want to use bitcoin because they are always heard a news about bitcoin that involve in illegal or scam activity
This i also think before im afraid to hold those bitcoin for nothing but when i found this forum i learn a lot with bitcoin..
that is very good. good and bad elements are present everywhere both in real life and in internet. but this doesn't mean that we will stop working with their fear. i think we will do fight with them and will win.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

There are hundreds of millions of tech savvy people worldwide but only 1.2 million Bitcoin addresses that have any meaningful quantity of bitcoins in them. There's another 1.2 million that have dust in them so they aren't buying anything with those addresses. In 6 (six) years Bitcoin has attracted less than 3 million people tech savvy enough to use a Bitcoin smart phone app and only 1.2 million active users.

Pokemon Go was released on July 6, 2016 in only North America and already has 21 million daily smart phone users.

Apple Pay is a piece of shit payment system that only works on Apple phones. It was released less than 2 (two) years ago and already has 4 million users.

Google Wallet is only available in the US, has only been around for 4 (four) years, and has 27 million active users.

People don't care for Bitcoin and it's not because they're too dumb to use it.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
There are many reason that make people stop using bitcoins, They maybe hear a bad feed back about bitcoin or maybe they tries using bitcoin but they make satoshi hard that came up that they surrender earning it. Or maybe they got scammed and make them broke that make them realize that they will stop using bitcoins. Or they have some personal issues that needed bitcoin to be stopped. Each people who stopped has their own reasons
This is no wrong in having their own personal reason from their own experience which might be stopping them using bitcoin.
But the 'real' wrong is not analysing the truth and ignoring to finding out the truth about their own belief/opinion.

In that case no people will find and have their own personal (mostly meaningless) reasons for stopping them from using bitcoin.
Why do we need to know the "truth" about their beliefs or opinions though? People have their own interests and beliefs. If they do not like using bitcoins, then it's only fair that we respect them and they respect us for using bitcoins.

Some people fear change. Some just don't really get it how to use bitcoins. Some people fear bitcoins itself because many people have used bitcoins for illegal/criminal purposes. There are countless reasons that can be the cause of stopping them from using bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

It's the sad reality, yes. In all the time I am in Bitcoin, the only positive thing that I heard from the media is that banks and other financial institutions are interested in the block chain technology. That's it.
but i think it s still a good news to hear that at least the government has started thinking about block chain and crypto currenecy. i think that is a good progress about bitcoin. to me the only thing that make people not to use it the transaction time only.

Well, it's good news in general, but they are not interested in Bitcoin's block chain. They will create their own block chain where they can maintain full control over. Beside that, I think the volatility and the media are the biggest reason for some one to not adopt Bitcoin. With transaction times I assume you're talking about confirmation times, right? While most people would love to see transactions confirm faster, I don't think it has that much impact on people's choice of whether or not to adopt Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

Pages:
Jump to: