Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 8. (Read 202116 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I know many people who don't using bitcoins cause they don't know what is this and how to use it, i think that people nowdays just to lazy to try something new.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
They don't want to use bitcoin because it is not a Physical cash but a cryptocurrency they are still scared
i think there are so many reasons which make people think about not to use it the first thing is the transaction conformation  the second is the security issue and the third one is the limited shopping center for using bitcoin.

I think confirmation is not the issue for any person, and those who know about bitcoin and banks both will be well aware that bitcoin confirmations are more faster than the banks confirmations, banks often take 2 o 3 days for a wire transaction while bitcoin take a few minutes.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
They don't want to use bitcoin because it is not a Physical cash but a cryptocurrency they are still scared
i think there are so many reasons which make people think about not to use it the first thing is the transaction conformation  the second is the security issue and the third one is the limited shopping center for using bitcoin.

If people have not even heard about bitcoin then do you really think that will be aware about delay in confirmation or limited usage, its simple they are not using it because they are not aware about it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 257
Activity: 840
in my humble opinion btc will never replace fiat its just a coin that can be not copied or faked but speed of trades cant occur good and with general aceptancy if this coin never reaches atm good or a site like paypal to btc and bank in all in one and besides most of fiat rules the world and governements do acept it soo its fiat first then pay pal then others then btc into 4th or 5th forever i supouse

The main reason behind stopping people from using bitcoin is that they have never heard about bitcoins and that goes to developing countries and the third world countries, where they are totally dependent on banking system and are not ready to accept the change or innovative things

They are not ready to accept the change because of the lack of knowledge, they do not know well about bitcoin and do not have any knowledge about interesting features of bitcoin so they do not bother to adopt bitcoin and use it for their benefit, but for them the benefit is in their banking system, we have to promote bitcoin and have to spread its knowledge to every person.

Yeah we need to recommend bitcoin to people around us and show them the benefits attached with it and I am pretty sure that they will start using it.

But as mobilestrike  said they first need the knowledge about bitcoin if they will learn perfectly about bitcoin and will know the use and earning of bitcoin they will adopt it immediately and will then prefer bitcoin for their use.

How can you expect them to start using without knowing it? If they don't know how to use it or earn it they will never about bother about it.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Hire me for your campaign management.
in my humble opinion btc will never replace fiat its just a coin that can be not copied or faked but speed of trades cant occur good and with general aceptancy if this coin never reaches atm good or a site like paypal to btc and bank in all in one and besides most of fiat rules the world and governements do acept it soo its fiat first then pay pal then others then btc into 4th or 5th forever i supouse

The main reason behind stopping people from using bitcoin is that they have never heard about bitcoins and that goes to developing countries and the third world countries, where they are totally dependent on banking system and are not ready to accept the change or innovative things

They are not ready to accept the change because of the lack of knowledge, they do not know well about bitcoin and do not have any knowledge about interesting features of bitcoin so they do not bother to adopt bitcoin and use it for their benefit, but for them the benefit is in their banking system, we have to promote bitcoin and have to spread its knowledge to every person.

Yeah we need to recommend bitcoin to people around us and show them the benefits attached with it and I am pretty sure that they will start using it.

But as mobilestrike  said they first need the knowledge about bitcoin if they will learn perfectly about bitcoin and will know the use and earning of bitcoin they will adopt it immediately and will then prefer bitcoin for their use.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Few places where people accept the currency, and this is one of the causes of the high volatility.
yes that is a fact but i think the legalization problem of bitcoin is also a big issue. i think it also stoping people to use bitcoin.
but to me the only issue that stopping people from using bitcoin is that people cannot use bitcoin in their local market. and they have to visit some shops using internet.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

Getting them to start using Bitcoin is one thing, getting them to keep using Bitcoin is completely different. Especially when people try to learn more about Bitcoin but it gets difficult for them to follow things as they don't understand how it works. And if certain people don't understand how things work, and don't get any explanation from anyone, these same people will stop using it.
Activity: 252
Few places where people accept the currency, and this is one of the causes of the high volatility.
yes that is a fact but i think the legalization problem of bitcoin is also a big issue. i think it also stoping people to use bitcoin.
Activity: 840

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

Activity: 938

Oh looks like a wrong thread or maybe I just misread the real thoughts of your statement.

i think the most important issue that people are facing and which make people from stopping bitcoin is that they do not have opportunities to use bitcoin in their local area.

I totally agree with that.
Lets say if using bitcoin is not considered illegal in a country and in that country a place or a market is just accepting bitcoin as a payment so the local people would surely have to take interest or use bitcoin for shopping in that market and in that way many people will start using bitcoin.

If that is the case then they just have to found some global exchanger so that they can freely convert their bitcoin in their fiat currency. It's present in most of the countries that bitcoin is banned and even here in this forum there are people here that bitcoin is banned in their country.

I think in almost all countries you can convert your bitcoins to your local currency and if you can do that easily then I don't  think that bitcoin is banned in a country.

There are places that bitcoin is banned but still there are options to convert it in their fiat with the use of global exchanger. Bitcoin that will converted will now be fiat once it was send to a preferred method of that user who lives in a country that bitcoin is banned.
If bitcoin gets banned then I think people will start using it more and which will take price even higher, people are addicted to those things which is illegal in their country, same as gambling.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
People are unaware of Bitcoins and its importance in the world market.
They are afraid of its volatility and wonder if it will make them bankrupt.
They are afraid reading all the negative comments and are afraid if they might get hacked online. It is also rumored to be illegal.
They are ignorant and prefer cash at hand
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

Oh looks like a wrong thread or maybe I just misread the real thoughts of your statement.

i think the most important issue that people are facing and which make people from stopping bitcoin is that they do not have opportunities to use bitcoin in their local area.

Lets say if using bitcoin is not considered illegal in a country and in that country a place or a market is just accepting bitcoin as a payment so the local people would surely have to take interest or use bitcoin for shopping in that market and in that way many people will start using bitcoin.

If that is the case then they just have to found some global exchanger so that they can freely convert their bitcoin in their fiat currency. It's present in most of the countries that bitcoin is banned and even here in this forum there are people here that bitcoin is banned in their country.

I think in almost all countries you can convert your bitcoins to your local currency and if you can do that easily then I don't  think that bitcoin is banned in a country.

There are places that bitcoin is banned but still there are options to convert it in their fiat with the use of global exchanger. Bitcoin that will converted will now be fiat once it was send to a preferred method of that user who lives in a country that bitcoin is banned.
Activity: 434

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Activity: 910

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

Well a global exchange would be a good idea in theory, but I personally doubt something like that would be able to change anything and a lot of the issue with Bitcoin comes down to people not knowing about it or caring about it, primarily due to a majority of people just simply not seeing any value in investing or getting involved with a different currency.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

Pages:
Jump to: