Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 202116 times)

Activity: 296
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
The bitcoin transaction confirmation is too slow at the moment. I would prefer the litecoin or Ethereum.
confirmations are pretty much slow though the transactions are instant and that confirmation thing i think will be solved in the near future so we shouldnt be too concerned about it
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
some country are not accepting bitcoin and bitcoins are illegal in their country this is one of the sadest part where you can't earn bitcoins for free and also they can't mine because they goverment hates this currency what if their president using bitcoin and change everything into bitcoin currency probably people in their country who don't know what bitcoin will be the famous currency Cheesy
im agree with this some country are not accepting bitcoins because of their goverment but if that happen they will be happy because their money will become legit im thankful that here in our country bitcoin is legal that we can use to pay our bills less work and less hasle and banks are also accepting bitcoin Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
some country are not accepting bitcoin and bitcoins are illegal in their country this is one of the sadest part where you can't earn bitcoins for free and also they can't mine because they goverment hates this currency what if their president using bitcoin and change everything into bitcoin currency probably people in their country who don't know what bitcoin will be the famous currency Cheesy
we have to comply with existing regulations. each policy was made because of various considerations. a time when bitcoin recognized by a country and the president to use then bitcoin has grown wider. and at the same time the people will never stop using bitcoin.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
The bitcoin transaction confirmation is too slow at the moment. I would prefer the litecoin or Ethereum.
Activity: 630
Merit: 267
Just follow the rules
RKS
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
BTC address: 17u5q3VJSVg9w9VPfE34th3mbTG4ngFEfS
Probably because it is still pretty complicated to figure it all out. Some areas opened vending machines so normal people could take cash and then get a paper wallet (receipt) with their bitcoins (not sure if that is still available). But otherwise, figuring out bitcoin wallet online and trying to figure out where to buy and transfer and trust is not easy for most people. You have to really want to have BTC, otherwise it seems risky and unsafe at first glance.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 502
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
It is not readily accept everywhere yet. Until that happens you will see alot less people using it because it will be diluted an probably just end up fading away.

bitcoin have lots of popularity already and getting lots lots more everyday. I know lots of people who didn't trust bitcoin. but when I showed them my bitcoins and when I cashed out my bitcoins in front of them and prove them that bitcoin is legit. now all are in bitcoin and earning.
I don't think less people using bitcoin.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 582
"CoinPoker.com"
I think the price volatility, lots of incidents related to black market activities and many other anti-government activities are the major cause that's stopping people from using bitcoins.

I don't think BTC price volatility is the primary cause for not using it. But based on my knowledge as of now bitcoins are not accepted by many governments because they can't track the transactions and can't put taxes on to it so many businesses are not taking it as a payment method. Currently, bitcoins are used mostly in online gambling and for some limited online activities.
The price volatility of bitcoin is a concern for the merchants to accept bitcoin payments. When they are accepting bitcoin payments and if the price of bitcoin get lowered then they might incur losses. Also, the pending approvals from the government is a big concern for many people, and they are still waiting for any view from their government to start using bitcoins.
You are talking about only losses, but if you are accepting bitcoin payments then we are also having chances to multiply your money when bitcoin prices go up. If you are not ready to take this little risk then you should not adopt bitcoin payments. But, I agree price volatility might be a main concern for many people and still stopping them from using bitcoin.
The fear of price volatility must be the lack of knowledge about bitcoin ecosystem. If you are having all the knowledge about the advantages of bitcoin price volatility, then you will never find it as a concern to start using bitcoins. Because, bitcoin has the unique feature of being used as money as well as investment opportunity. An investment always has some risks.
Activity: 672
We tend to fear on few things. Some are scared because it's not mainstream, if they run into issues, they can't just make a report and say that their wallet has been stolen. I'm hoping for this to change and that more people will adapt to bitcoin next year. Adaptation has already began. Lets hope to see more.

We can't blame them, all they heard about internet when it comes to money is "it is a scam" so probably that's how they look at bitcoin, there is no way we can change that... Besides, anything new or alien to their  knowledge will always be a threat or a danger. That is one that stops other people from using bitcoin,  they have no knowledge about it.

Obviously, many people have negative thoughts about bitcoin because they have heard a lot of things like that about internet money that they are scam or they take away your money and then you cannot do anything about it but just regret, so that really stops many people coming towards it.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
It is not readily accept everywhere yet. Until that happens you will see alot less people using it because it will be diluted an probably just end up fading away.

It is true that it isn't accepted everywhere yet but the enthusiast are making its way to introduce it  to those who doesnt know bitcoin.  So maybe ignorance is stopping them from using bitcoin but once they are well aware of its feature and potential they will use it eventually.  And the fading will happen if we just sit here and do nothing to help bitcoin awareness aspect.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
yes that is also a reason which stop people from using bitcoin. but the stability of the price of bitcoin is also a big issue, which compel people not to use bitcoin, because some time the price of bitcoin fell down so much and in next moment it cross the previous price rate  therefore it make people a little confused, and they stop using bitcoin at all.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
We tend to fear on few things. Some are scared because it's not mainstream, if they run into issues, they can't just make a report and say that their wallet has been stolen. I'm hoping for this to change and that more people will adapt to bitcoin next year. Adaptation has already began. Lets hope to see more.

We can't blame them, all they heard about internet when it comes to money is "it is a scam" so probably that's how they look at bitcoin, there is no way we can change that... Besides, anything new or alien to their  knowledge will always be a threat or a danger. That is one that stops other people from using bitcoin,  they have no knowledge about it.

They tend to think like that because they are really lack of knowledge when it comes to bitcoin. But if they are going to help themselves by just researching and going to learn a lot about bitcoin for sure they are going to realize a lot that bitcoin is really a good opportunity for them too.

That is our job, to let them properly learn what bitcoin is, they will always have a doubt if they will learn it themselves and there is no one that would testify that bitcoin is good and that it could be beneficial to them. Not all that they could research in the internet could bring them good knowledge about bitcoin,  and might also lead them to being scammed.
Activity: 798
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Activity: 756
i agree, but i think that image has been becoming less and less important as the time goes by and real businesses especially those that are big, accept bitcoin as their payment system. this shows everybody that they have been wrong about bitcoin.

It is yet not completely proven that bitcoin does not have a bad reputation because there are still people in the world having negative thoughts about bitcoin, and their thoughts can only be clear if they see a shop or a market with their own eyes accepting or using bitcoin as a payment and when they use it theirselves they will come to know that how wrong they were.
Activity: 672

It would surely not spread the way it should among the people in practical world but it would surely not fade away as there are already a lot of users connected to bitcoin everyday, gambling with it, trading, or earning it in any sort of way, so the users using bitcoin would never let it fade away just like that.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 578
HODLing is an art, not just a word...

This is the main problem. The amount of shops that accept it is not a lot.
And bitcoin has also to make steps in terms of adoption. My guess it will take a few years of slow growth and then a BOOM when bitcoin will be popular.

and also don't forget that there are some legal problems or legal scare that prevents some shops to start accepting bitcoin.
but if someday government stops looking at bitcoin is such a negative light it can grow a lot.

Bitcoin has this bad image of being use for illegal transactions because of its anonymity so the government should do something about it and it might worry some of bitcoin user that the government will be strict in bitcoin transaction when the time comes that they somehow control it and then the bitcoin user will just switch back again to using fiat currency since it's accepted everywhere compared to bitcoin that has a limited scope of transaction nowadays.

i agree, but i think that image has been becoming less and less important as the time goes by and real businesses especially those that are big, accept bitcoin as their payment system. this shows everybody that they have been wrong about bitcoin.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261

And bitcoin has also to make steps in terms of adoption. My guess it will take a few years of slow growth and then a BOOM when bitcoin will be popular.

and also don't forget that there are some legal problems or legal scare that prevents some shops to start accepting bitcoin.
but if someday government stops looking at bitcoin is such a negative light it can grow a lot.

Bitcoin has this bad image of being use for illegal transactions because of its anonymity so the government should do something about it and it might worry some of bitcoin user that the government will be strict in bitcoin transaction when the time comes that they somehow control it and then the bitcoin user will just switch back again to using fiat currency since it's accepted everywhere compared to bitcoin that has a limited scope of transaction nowadays.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

Activity: 420

Pages:
Jump to: