Pages:
Author

Topic: Whats the ranking of bitcoin in terms of currency - page 3. (Read 1297 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
Definitely bitcoin is number one in the rankings of the currencies simply because it's value is high.
Another proof is there was a time when bitcoin has defeated gold so it shows that bitcoin is really number one.
I am highly impressed by the decentralized nature of bitcoin currency and the way it increases and decreases in value. It gives you countless offers for becoming what you exactly want to be in the world full of competition and struggle. Bitcoin leads to your financial freedom.

Bitcoin will never ever give its position to anyone else because of the love it is enjoying from the people all over the world. Bitcoin is number one crypto.
Activity: 165
Merit: 14
Definitely bitcoin is number one in the rankings of the currencies simply because it's value is high.
Another proof is there was a time when bitcoin has defeated gold so it shows that bitcoin is really number one.
Activity: 512
Merit: 10
BountyMarketCap
There is no hesitation about that Bitcoin is the world's first currency and still now it has in the same position.Its price and demand is also higher than all other currencies.Its secured system is appreciable.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
Is it like #1 since it costs like ~$4000 for 1

At this time bitcoin the only coin or the best currency and deserve to be ranked No. 1 and it has been proven concretely. In addition to being the best currency Bitcoin has other excellent features such as:
1. Can be used as a tool that can be traded similar to gold.
2. Its prices are unstable or often experience a drastic change in value (Volatile).
3. Bitcoin prices are never unbeatable by currency or any coins including altcoin.
4. In any situation the decline / increase of bitcoin is very interesting to note especially for investors and traders.
I think until now there is no currency that can beat the popularity of bitcoin.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 106
They are no match for fiats as fiats are solid and non volatile, much secured currency

We should not compare fiat with bitcoins. Both have got their own advantages and disadvantages. One of the biggest advantages of fiat or cash is that it is suited for small transactions. One cannot use bitcoins for such type of transactions because of the fees involved and also the transfer time. But the demerit is that their value will not increase with time. In case of bitcoins, you get some value for those coins but it also increases with time.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
I don't think that we need to figure this out if what is the rank of bitcoin in the overall currencies in our world because bitcoin got its own ranking and that is based on the coinmarketcap and to be honest here, i don't see bitcoin as a currency because of its extra fees like the fee that you need to pay in order to execute your desired transaction which is another cut to your balance.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
Call your grandparents and tell them you love them
Bitcoins are my life saver. They are always at the top for atleast me. Smiley

Yeah for shitposters like you obviously they are a life saver. But in your country is it an accepted means of transaction? If not then it is not a life saver.

yep, no fiat money no cryptocurrencies. If fiat money is replace what would you pay to buy bitcoin? That's why fiat money and cryptocurrencies co-exist.

If the concept of fiat money did not exist and there was only crypto, then the latter would have an intrinsic value and not what people think in poplar context. The fact that the USD has an intrinsic value accepted mutually by the people would be applied to bitcoin in this case.

They are no match for fiats as fiats are solid and non volatile, much secured currency

Solid? You mean physical? Well there are physical bitcoins too - but mainly for collection purpose. And not bitcoin is much more secure.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
You shouldn’t be calculating things like that. If it’s to be like that, then you will be adding gold on the list cause gold is also money and is even worth more than Bitcoin. If you want to add BTC on the list of regular currencies, then BTC will be nothing but the last in position cause it has no value more than any regular currency. It can only compete with its fellow assets.
Activity: 672
Merit: 105
We must emphasize that Bitcoin is not a currency, but Bitcoin is an online payment tool that we can convert into local currency. if the intention in this case is the value of the Bitcoin price, indeed the value of Bitcoin is higher in compared with the value of the currency that exists in each country and the value of Bitcoin is also above than the other crypto value.
Activity: 325
Merit: 11
Actually, its rank is 32nd in terms of currency when this question was asked. I just googled it. Cheesy
Activity: 352
Merit: 10
what does that mean by in terms of currency ?
you mean what is Bitcoin ranking in terms of value with other currency ?
if you're asking that question,i think we should make it clear that Bitcoin is not a currency and only an online payment.
which mean it'll never be a currency,
indeed in terms of value,Bitcoin price is extremely high other than else or we called it the highest.
because it's globaly used by people while currency itself is not really that useable globaly(even though we can exchange it),
but it will never replace currency/fiat even though it's easily used by people.
at least for now i can not see it.
yep, no fiat money no cryptocurrencies. If fiat money is replace what would you pay to buy bitcoin? That's why fiat money and cryptocurrencies co-exist.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Bitcoins are my life saver. They are always at the top for atleast me. Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 127
I would rank a currency by [ trading volume x price ]. I think this will be more accurate to its actual usage.
In competition with all other crypto currencies which are there in this world, bitcoin is surely the best crypto coin and that there is no other coin which is that much beneficial as bitcoin is and is the top rated crypto coin too. However, when it comes to that of other regular currencies, we cannot claim bitcoin as the top rated currency because so far, it has not been declared as the legal currency.
Basically what is a currency?
It is the fact or quality of being generally accepted or in use.

"Generally Accepted" is the key word. Since Bitcoin is not generally accepted, we could not considered it as a currency. As a medium of exchange, it is very volatile and impractical using it as a form of payment. But in terms of being stable like USD,EUR & other currencies, bitcoin is not one of them. Bitcoin has its own use and lets maximize it as a future asset. No one knows if it can be quite something.
Activity: 308
Merit: 128

I think the price it self tells the rank of Bitcoin, we all know that lots of ICO's have come out but only few of them have successfully enter the market cap,  and most of the time they prefer to invest in Bitcoin because it can easily transfer or convert into Fiat currency rather than other coins.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Yes Bitcoin is the number one coin in the crypto world followed by Ethereum in terms of popularity, usability, acceptance, adoption, exchange pairing and also including it's strong community. No doubt Bitcoin is number one because Altcoins are too dependent with Bitcoin and it is undeniable. Our local exchanges only serves trading of Bitcoin in the past few years but now there are other coins involved like Ethereum that is why Bitcoin is more recognizable than any other. Even local residents know Bitcoin more than Altcoins.
Activity: 190
Merit: 106

We all know that bitcoin is a digital currency which can be considered as a fiat currency because we can used bitcoin in different transactions like remittance etc. But when it comes to ranking in terms of currency I have read that bitcoin is a 32nd ranked in global currency and it has a calculated by a developer of Bitgo a blockchain security company. It created a clone money supply global index. M1 index, a metric for the money supply of a country.
Activity: 438
Merit: 104
I would rank a currency by [ trading volume x price ]. I think this will be more accurate to its actual usage.
In competition with all other crypto currencies which are there in this world, bitcoin is surely the best crypto coin and that there is no other coin which is that much beneficial as bitcoin is and is the top rated crypto coin too. However, when it comes to that of other regular currencies, we cannot claim bitcoin as the top rated currency because so far, it has not been declared as the legal currency.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
Call your grandparents and tell them you love them
In fact, in terms of value, the price of bitcoin is very high, which we call the highest.
In fact shitposters like you are the reason this forum discussions are being useless. Try to add some meaning to your post next time.

Bitcoin as the most powerful transaction tool that is not tied to any party rules or rules of a country and can be done between the continent and the country is what allows bitcoin into the virtual currency that has the highest asset value because with all sorts of ease so many investors who want to invest in bitcoin. and I'm sure bitcoin will have a very good potential level in the future.

What makes it "Powerful" May we know? Does it have some huge abdominal muscles or huge biceps? Investors investing into bitcoin is not a technically correct idea. Bitcoin is not a stock. And this is crypto trading and not stock trading. The two are different in many aspects.
Activity: 196
Merit: 12
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

I wouldnt rank it #1 just because of its value. One thing you should consider too is how much people would accept it. Sure it's worth "4000" ( it's worth more ) but it's not worth 4000 to everyone. For some it could pretty much be worth the same as toilet paper. And for that reason, it cant be the number currency. I'd rank it as one of the worsts for now. But who knows in the future that could change.
Pages:
Jump to: