Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your biggest problem with Bitcoin - page 56. (Read 135083 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Probably the long and exhausting confirmation time, I really sometimes need to wait for hours to get confirmations when there is a spam attack on the network... The volatility is part of the system so don't find it that annoying.

Just pay bigger fee. The more you pay, the less chance of delays you will have.
I think people will not be willing to pay more fees. because they want to receive services according to what people say. fee is cheap and fast transaction right ?
If people are not willing to pay some extra cents for the better service then it is certain that they don't care about the service and i don't have any problem to pay any extra for my coins to confirm or arrive faster.

The spam or other attacks are not permanent and not a general case.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Probably the long and exhausting confirmation time, I really sometimes need to wait for hours to get confirmations when there is a spam attack on the network... The volatility is part of the system so don't find it that annoying.

I think people will not be willing to pay more fees. because they want to receive services according to what people say. fee is cheap and fast transaction right ?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
the problem of bitcoin is the down of price.
many people get lost $ when the price going down

example you have 100 bitcoin now (price 425$ every bitcoin)
after 3 ddays (price 400$ every bitcoin)

you lose 25x100 = 2500$ thats so big!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
The other other problems associated with crypto currency is that its virtual, ie it cannot be seen or handled or exchanged physically, its just a virtual currency which can only be assumed and seen as a figure, basically a picture of numbers.
But once bitcoin has established itself has one of the major forms of money exchanges online then maybe we could use them even in physical form. We can see more progress with bitcoin adoptions but right now it is still in it's early days.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

I've been frustrated with the full blocks and slow confirmation times too.  (Or even worse stuck transactions.)  I've been using larger fees, but I don't want the trend of "just pay a bigger fee" to continue.  Eventually it's not going to be any cheaper to use bitcoin that visa/mastercard.

May I asked how much fees you are putting but still the confirmation is still slow?

I know at least x3 the standard fees will do the work but it's still effective today?
Activity: 616
I AM A SCAMMER

I've been frustrated with the full blocks and slow confirmation times too.  (Or even worse stuck transactions.)  I've been using larger fees, but I don't want the trend of "just pay a bigger fee" to continue.  Eventually it's not going to be any cheaper to use bitcoin that visa/mastercard.
legendary
other problems associated with crypto currency is that its virtual, ie it cannot be seen or handled or exchanged physically, its just a virtual currency which can only be assumed and seen as a figure, basically a picture of numbers.

That's why it called crypto. You know being virtual is not a problem so at least it's safe from being robbed physically. The only downside here is, it can be access thru online only. No internet = RIP.
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
The other other problems associated with crypto currency is that its virtual, ie it cannot be seen or handled or exchanged physically, its just a virtual currency which can only be assumed and seen as a figure, basically a picture of numbers.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

legendary
The biggest problem is that you can never know what is going to happen with Bitcoin in the future and that is quite scary and very risky.
You must to take risk and that is hard. But you an now see that the value is a little bit stable so you can make maybe an investment.

Yeah keep that in your head. Others are making profit now because of that risk.

There's no investment even in real world that you will know quickly the result unless you try. You will not succeed if you have a mindset like that.
Activity: 491
Merit: 105
Activity: 546
my biggest problem, which until now worries me is price problem
legendary
Activity: 966
It's the confirmation time atm, today even some article about it popped on my news feed called "bitcoin's nightmare scenario has come to pass"..
Activity: 714
The biggest problem is that you can never know what is going to happen with Bitcoin in the future and that is quite scary and very risky.
You must to take risk and that is hard. But you an now see that the value is a little bit stable so you can make maybe an investment.
legendary
Activity: 1106
My problems with BTC:

- It is hard to get a decent amount of BTC! Either I have to spent so much time in the forum or doing services/faucets or play a dangerous game called trading which im not prepared to.
- It is a bit hard to get into it because so much information out there is kinda "technical" and there are some things I cannot understand even reading them thousands times  Cry

bitcoin is money and money is always hard to earn, is this a problem with bitcoins ?

yes the 2nd part is true most of the people explain things is their own writing which can confuse a new comer who dont know anything about the bitcoins
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Wouldn't say my biggest problem with Bitcoin but rather something that annoys me to an extent, Confirmation time and how slow it is sometimes to reach 5-6 confirmations which is the number multiple sites ask for.
legendary

-Stress test where transactions hang for days.
-Network attack like this one we having right now.
-Price fluctuacion.
-Variety of wallets that can make one get dizzy.
-Many occasions to get scamed.
-Trouble of finding good income source

Price fluctuation is normal mate. If the price is not fluctuating then say goodbye to prise rise.

Variery of wallet that can make one dizzy. Come on mate. It's your problem not with bitcoin.

Being scammed? Come on again mate. It's your responsibility. You like bitcoin will adjust for you?

And lastly, you have trouble finding good income source. Go find a real life job and don't depend forever on internet if you found it hard.
Activity: 518
Problems:

- Recent (classic/core) problems where transactions are hanging for more than expected - I can no longer and will no longer recommend bitcoin to anyone.
- Need to be very technical to use.

it's just temporary problem, soon or later it would solved slowly, you can't just judge to stay away from bitcoin because of that.
not really need "technical to use" , common people understand how real money work , so do if they use bitcoin it's same as real money but bitcoin is digital version which untouchable.
not big problem i think your reason above.
legendary
Activity: 896
Problems:

- Recent (classic/core) problems where transactions are hanging for more than expected - I can no longer and will no longer recommend bitcoin to anyone.

I will add to this:

-Price fluctuacion.

some things that you mention aren't related to bitcoin to be honest. for example "getting scammed" you can get scammed everywhere with fiat currency as well. not sure why you point out bitcoin. if you use common sense then you reduce the chances of being scammed with 90%. also, "finding income source" not sure why you think this issue is related to bitcoin as many people that offer coding work and design work have no problems at all. you just need to make sure you offer quality services. then people will come to you and offer you a job.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
Problems:

I will add to this:

-Price fluctuacion.
Pages:
Jump to: