Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your biggest problem with Bitcoin - page 85. (Read 135083 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
December 29, 2015, 12:26:31 AM
the constant scams... thats my biggest issue. If youve been in BTC 2+ years, it's almost guaranteed that youve been a victim of one scam or another.
Sadly theres not much that can be done about it as its an issue of greed, over-trust, and ignorance on the part of the user (me lol). Can't code against stupidity lol

It is like bitcoin is sticky to those scam issues. Like they say it is easy and you are anonymous. Just transfer your money to other wallet and TADA. You win! Just like a fight in a marvel game. Damn scammers.
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
December 28, 2015, 04:36:17 PM
the constant scams... thats my biggest issue. If youve been in BTC 2+ years, it's almost guaranteed that youve been a victim of one scam or another.
Sadly theres not much that can be done about it as its an issue of greed, over-trust, and ignorance on the part of the user (me lol). Can't code against stupidity lol
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
December 28, 2015, 04:21:49 PM
I hate all the people who use it for scamming. It is like bitcoin is made for scammers, instead of for us.
True it is caused by the fact that bitcoin is anonymous for the end-user, but there should come some party which monitor the market/scammers.

I agree with your statement to a limit that Bitcoin forum is filled with scammers but there are moderators who keeps an eye on it and kicks out the scammers and yes having a strong team to monitor the scammers will be good and it will help us to get rid of scammers.

There should be a modification in Bitcoin's coding (are something similar on the Blockchain) that would detect the scammer and automatically issue a penalty by the Blockchain itself. Could this be achieved? If so, there would be a safer and more secure world in Bitcoin. Just sharing my thoughts here.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
December 28, 2015, 04:03:11 PM
I would like to pay with Bitcoin in ordinary shops for goods and meal. This is a biggest problem I see now. But I am happy to see more and more merchants allow it.

Yes bitcoin is hardly available in restaurant or cafe's. In general it should be available in more offline stores; like clothing shops etc.

Maybe if more mobile payment providers step in, this will be realised.

Same is the case with me as in my country no one is aware about the bitcoin and till date I haven't seen any physical shop who is accepting bitcoins as a mode of payment that makes me a bit worried as we want that the adoption level should be higher but at the other end no one actually knows what is a bitcoin and it would take a long span to educate people about the bitcoins and it would be a dream come true if small merchants starts accepting bitcoins as a mode of payment.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
December 28, 2015, 02:22:12 PM
The wallet
It looks so outdated. For me to get more into bitcoin should need some wallet improvements.
Better filter options and graphical changes.

The bitcoin core wallet is designed to be as minimalistic as possible, because it's mostly to run a node, even tho, I agree with you, if we want to give people an incentive to run nodes, we should start by making the wallet better as well, give it more features. I can't properly order my send and receiving addresses.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 28, 2015, 01:48:43 PM
I would like to pay with Bitcoin in ordinary shops for goods and meal. This is a biggest problem I see now. But I am happy to see more and more merchants allow it.

Yes bitcoin is hardly available in restaurant or cafe's. In general it should be available in more offline stores; like clothing shops etc.

Maybe if more mobile payment providers step in, this will be realised.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
December 28, 2015, 01:38:36 PM
Transaction time & not much merchant in my country are the biggest problem.
I only use my bitcoins for online shopping since i couldn't find any merchant which accept bitcoin.

This is a big problem for a lot of people here. They cant use it for outside shopping malls or other shops. Well, maybe someday, when they finally realized that it is a real money and they see that they can also profit just by bitcoin movements.

While I agree with you that the transaction time (and block size for that matter) is a huge issue for bitcoin, business IRL and most big online business don't want to deal with bitcoin because, while they can profit from a bull market in bitcoin, they can also loose their ass in a bear market.

I mean imagine if every business you could imagine started accepting bitcoin back when bitcoin was $1K+ ... I would imagine that a lot of businesses would have gone out of business when the price eventually crashed.  If you want to see mainstream adoption of bitcoin in general, you are going to have to see a more stable price of bitcoin for around 6 months at a time.  Bitcoin is mainly a economic tool of speculation and is primarily a very volatile asset, rather than a legit currency that is a store of value.
legendary
December 28, 2015, 10:39:52 AM

Yeah I see some store now that puts something in their windows that bitcoin is accepted there. And it is kind of a good feeling whenever I saw that kind of sign. Maybe it is because I am a bitcoin family too.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
December 28, 2015, 09:53:41 AM

I believe you can solve your big problem of bitcoin by ordering a bitcoin debit card, with the bitcoin debit card you can use it anywhere like in small hotel and grocery shops.
Bitcoin debit card more useful to break the barriers like only the online merchants accepting bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1002
December 28, 2015, 09:25:18 AM
legendary
December 28, 2015, 09:14:17 AM
I only use my bitcoins for online shopping since i couldn't find any merchant which accept bitcoin.

This is a big problem for a lot of people here. They cant use it for outside shopping malls or other shops. Well, maybe someday, when they finally realized that it is a real money and they see that they can also profit just by bitcoin movements.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
December 28, 2015, 01:12:39 AM
I hate all the people who use it for scamming. It is like bitcoin is made for scammers, instead of for us.
True it is caused by the fact that bitcoin is anonymous for the end-user, but there should come some party which monitor the market/scammers.

I agree with your statement to a limit that Bitcoin forum is filled with scammers but there are moderators who keeps an eye on it and kicks out the scammers and yes having a strong team to monitor the scammers will be good and it will help us to get rid of scammers.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
December 28, 2015, 12:41:16 AM
it looks like my problem also experienced by others
is the confirmation time, I had to wait more than 10 minutes to get one confirmation  Embarrassed
exactly what is happening ?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 28, 2015, 12:10:35 AM
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
December 27, 2015, 07:57:41 PM
My big problem with btc is these unstable prices.
I believe it prevents a lot of people from using it.
My second problem is there is no much sites that accept btc as a payment processing. But this one will be solved by time and by more adopters for btc

Yes I don't also like Bitcoin's price volatility due to the fact that you could lose your investments quickly. This is a disadvantage but it also serves as an advantage since you could take advantage of price's instability (volatility) and make profit if you know how to do it well. Over the past weeks, I have been doing this and have made a decent amount of profit.

I also agree with you that there aren't much merchants accepting BTC but if you take a look, it is slowly gaining its adoption over time and I think it would take 5 to 10 years to see true mainstream adoption. (and a wealth of stores accepting it)  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074
December 27, 2015, 07:50:30 PM
Only the core and the blockchain.info can send transactions with multiple outputs.

A light wallet with such feature would be nice
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
December 27, 2015, 06:50:49 PM
I really don't have any problems with BTC, except for the scammers. Undecided
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
The trouble is you think you have time.
December 27, 2015, 06:50:28 PM
I am still concerned about security in online wallet by 3rd parties.

I am too. No matter how secure they say they are, I'm still questioning if it is in fact as legit as they say they are. I don't hold much online but still, it would still break my heart to lose whatever I've earned.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
December 27, 2015, 06:36:36 PM
I am still concerned about security in online wallet by 3rd parties.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
December 27, 2015, 06:30:42 PM
The wallet
It looks so outdated. For me to get more into bitcoin should need some wallet improvements.
Better filter options and graphical changes.
Pages:
Jump to: