Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your biggest problem with Bitcoin - page 97. (Read 135083 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
October 29, 2015, 01:05:30 PM
Purchasing of Bitcoin is another problem that may surface up due to the cause that it cannot be owned on its own like money.
And not at all possible at very ease on all the developing countries. To have bitcoin we must find an exchanger in our local town it must be bought with money.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
October 28, 2015, 01:02:47 PM
Simply don't understand why a bitcoin has any value at all. who was the first person that decided a bitcoin was worth trading for real cash?

Everything begins with an idea, that may be worth a lot of money, but few people realize this. That's why the very early investors will become potential billionaires if they hold on their coins, but im sure that most of them will panic sell along the way and this will help to redistribute the Bitcoin supply along more people as well.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
October 28, 2015, 12:33:24 PM
Transaction times are way too slow.

It just depends. It's much faster than a wire transfer or a SEPA transfer, yet it's a bit slower than credit card transactions. So everything is relative as you can see.

Although I believe that we still hasn't even seen nearly limits of this technology and that in the future solutions will be developed so we can come closer to the credit card processing speeds!
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
October 28, 2015, 12:27:25 PM
Bitcoin as a money or bitcoin as a platform Smiley
As a money bitcoin is just good it can be better (not perfect)
The problem with bitcoin i think would be that it is not much spreadable to people and people need to know what is bitcoin how it works and that we can trade things for virtual currency(bitcoin)
legendary
Activity: 924
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
October 28, 2015, 09:18:07 AM
Transaction times are way too slow.
Activity: 826
October 28, 2015, 04:26:39 AM
The biggest problem is that you must download all existing transactions and blocks if you want an offline wallet.

Lots of GBytes...

This is the #1 problem of bitcoin, the core design of bitcoin is that it is not flexible. Other than that If you lose your account info like private keys then your Bitcoin can never be access for life. This will be the loss of money and waste of effort.

That's not big problem if you choose to go with light weight wallets or online wallets like coinbase or blockchain.info. People need not to worry on loading and initail set up of bitcoin core wallets. They can use bootstrap files available on torrent download which will help somewhat.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
October 28, 2015, 01:41:23 AM
The biggest problem is that you must download all existing transactions and blocks if you want an offline wallet.

Lots of GBytes...

This is the #1 problem of bitcoin, the core design of bitcoin is that it is not flexible. Other than that If you lose your account info like private keys then your Bitcoin can never be access for life. This will be the loss of money and waste of effort.
Activity: 179
Merit: 250
October 05, 2015, 07:02:01 PM
It is thinly traded. $2m in BTC can cause a flash crash like on btc-.com(?) a few weeks back.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
Bitcoin Faucet & Blog
October 05, 2015, 05:42:10 PM

Lots of GBytes...
Activity: 532
October 05, 2015, 05:40:34 PM
My biggest problem that i am faced with bitcoin is the transaction.
Recently many transaction does not get confirmed, because of these kind of stress test.
Also after around 2 days it gets back to the sender, another problem is the double spent.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 05, 2015, 05:32:32 PM
I once waited so long for a transaction to be confirmed. Everything about bitcoin to be is pretty fantastic, but if transaction would happen instantly, or faster, bitcoin would be on another level than it is right now.
Activity: 784
October 05, 2015, 04:30:02 PM
the biggest problem for me is it is very hard to earn it.also requires so much time.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
October 03, 2015, 09:05:51 AM
My problem with bitcoin is that I still to this day don't understand the point of it. I'm trying my best to understand it though, and that's why I'm here. I'm also here to break the barrior between creative people and technological people to remind them that we can work together to make both of our industries grow.

Yes unlike physical money system, bitcoin needs at least internet knowledge to understand to send money and receive money. Many people round the world still illiterate, so bitcoin may need it's own time to make people to understand it's core basics.
Activity: 675
October 03, 2015, 07:43:41 AM
The price, can't it just stay there at $1000? Or at least just change every month, but not too significant.

A lot of people would have loved the price to stay at $1000.  Wink
Seems like you got your wish now though (relative price stability)
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 03, 2015, 03:31:53 AM
My problem with bitcoin is that I still to this day don't understand the point of it. I'm trying my best to understand it though, and that's why I'm here. I'm also here to break the barrior between creative people and technological people to remind them that we can work together to make both of our industries grow.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
October 03, 2015, 03:24:16 AM
What I'm concerned about is the security of the wallet, I've lost a lot of my bitcoin wallet. I am also worried about the price of BTC were down a lot

if this is because of thief, you need to work mor eon your cold storage, if it's because of your fault, you need to do more backup, simply solutions that cna avoid big problem
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
October 03, 2015, 03:21:22 AM
The price, can't it just stay there at $1000? Or at least just change every month, but not too significant.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
October 03, 2015, 12:28:51 AM
Simply don't understand why a bitcoin has any value at all. who was the first person that decided a bitcoin was worth trading for real cash?

The first people were just playing around with bitcoins. They believed that it could succeed, as a means to transfer value.
Bitcoin now has the trust of a large community, and so it's price has risen (ignore the last 2 year time frame) from the initial stages.
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
October 02, 2015, 09:05:24 PM
i need a place to deposit my bitcoin hoard where i can trust someone else to guard it for me.

I will fail myself i know it, i don't want to buy any more coins because it just creates more anxiety for me. too much risk.....
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
October 02, 2015, 09:02:30 PM
which is still an issue for me is the security of my data. especially if it saves me money in the wallet website
Pages:
Jump to: