Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your biggest problem with Bitcoin - page 101. (Read 135083 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
PUGG.io
August 22, 2015, 12:57:51 PM
Hey, everybody has to wait for the confirmation of transaction, so it's not a big problem.

As Bitcoin is not widely accepted in your country then you can use bitcoins online to buy the goods you want.
There are many websites which give us function to choose to pay in Bitcoin and there also are sites like purse.io through which you can buy goods from Amazon and Newegg offers fully Bitcoin interface and their user reviews are also good.
Its not that easy, although we could buy the goods from websites. It depends on what country we are living, so if the distance is very far, then we have to pay high shipping cost for that. It will be easier if we exchange our bitcoin to fiat, then find the goods we want and buy that directly instead of waiting the goods delivery and paying extra charge for shipment.

I dont think that way, most of them buy it online because they didnt have time to go there to get the items. Lets say you live far, at least they must have people that selling the items near your country so it will cost cheaper. This online site will make us buy things easily from them just add some cost, it will ship right away to you and now you using bitcoin I think it is much more easier

I think people prefer to buy their stuff by online because the stuff they need isnt available in their city. Beside that, there is a risk when you buy it in online shop, which you couldnt check the quality of stuff you want to buy directly. I guess you said its easier using bitcoin maybe because you are living in country that accept bitcoin as payment.

If we don't like the quality of the product then we can also return it to the merchant. That's why return policy is present on most of the merchants.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
August 22, 2015, 11:45:53 AM
Hey, everybody has to wait for the confirmation of transaction, so it's not a big problem.

As Bitcoin is not widely accepted in your country then you can use bitcoins online to buy the goods you want.
There are many websites which give us function to choose to pay in Bitcoin and there also are sites like purse.io through which you can buy goods from Amazon and Newegg offers fully Bitcoin interface and their user reviews are also good.
Its not that easy, although we could buy the goods from websites. It depends on what country we are living, so if the distance is very far, then we have to pay high shipping cost for that. It will be easier if we exchange our bitcoin to fiat, then find the goods we want and buy that directly instead of waiting the goods delivery and paying extra charge for shipment.

I dont think that way, most of them buy it online because they didnt have time to go there to get the items. Lets say you live far, at least they must have people that selling the items near your country so it will cost cheaper. This online site will make us buy things easily from them just add some cost, it will ship right away to you and now you using bitcoin I think it is much more easier

I think people prefer to buy their stuff by online because the stuff they need isnt available in their city. Beside that, there is a risk when you buy it in online shop, which you couldnt check the quality of stuff you want to buy directly. I guess you said its easier using bitcoin maybe because you are living in country that accept bitcoin as payment.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 22, 2015, 10:55:54 AM
There are not much places in my city where I can spend bitcoins. Just one bar.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
August 22, 2015, 06:05:00 AM
1. price volatility
I can't hold major stashes without fearing major losses.

2. bitcoin adoption
I can't use bitcoin whenever I want to.
It's hard to convert cash to bitcoin and bitcoin to cash because lacking supply&demand.

3. regulations
This discourages 2. (bitcoin adoption)

4. demonization the bitcoin as shady because of 1. (price volatility) and the pseudoanonymous nature using propaganda
This discourages 2. (bitcoin adoption)
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 22, 2015, 05:52:08 AM
my biggest problem with bitcoin is hard to earn bitcoin
but its okay though just be patient and wait for right time

Are you sure,is it hard to earn bitcoin ?
believe it or not when you posted this post you've earned amount of satoshi,
so i think its not hard to earn bitcoin,right?
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
August 22, 2015, 05:38:39 AM
my biggest problem with bitcoin is hard to earn bitcoin
but its okay though just be patient and wait for right time
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
August 22, 2015, 04:24:34 AM
At the moment, the most irritating point about Bitcoin is the XT discussion.

You know, a few month ago I was sitting there, drinking with my buddy in a bar and we all thought Beer was cool, until two jerks came in and tried to explain us, that our Beer will kill us eventually in a few years and if we don't want to die, we need to switch to this new BeerXT, which will safe our lives. We didn't like them and they were sent off the bar. Later they came back with a few paid guys and tried forcing us to drink their XTBeer.
We took them out to the parking lot and kicked their teeth out. They never came back ...
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
August 22, 2015, 03:20:58 AM
I don't think the software of Bitcoin is very user friendly to someone who doesn't have a computer background or knowledge or at the very least, use it frequently. People who stay away from "technology" of course wouldn't want to  adopt a "digital currency", but I think the challenge Bitcoin faces is appealing to the masses through simplicity. The workings behind Bitcoin can be very confusing which is something that I'm not sure is solvable confict.
PUGG.io
August 22, 2015, 02:43:16 AM
For me the biggest problem with bitcoin is transaction time
If you're dealing with small amounts or dealing with someone in person, accepting a zero confirmation transaction is secure enough
hmmmm, and wait for much much more time for the confirmation of transaction and maybe no pool will prosess it because of such low priority.
Try this at your own risk.
There is no big deal paying some transaction fee every time we send transactions because the transaction fee can be earned back by facuets in some time.
Activity: 593
Merit: 250
August 21, 2015, 06:40:35 PM
If you're dealing with small amounts or dealing with someone in person, accepting a zero confirmation transaction is secure enough
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
August 21, 2015, 02:09:17 PM
2. It doesn't evolve, it's not fixing its new problems (the software should not allow a miner get the founder fee if it doesn't process most possible transactions too).

Things don't evolve over night. Bitcoin can adapt and evolve if need be but there's no reason to do so yet other than the block size debate.
Activity: 770
August 21, 2015, 01:56:47 PM
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
August 21, 2015, 12:17:20 PM

legendary
August 21, 2015, 11:56:13 AM

Activity: 770
Merit: 284
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 21, 2015, 08:57:12 AM
My three biggest problems are:

1. Never got enough BTC.
2. Never got enough BTC.
3. Never got enough BTC.

Grin
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
August 21, 2015, 08:51:15 AM
My biggest problems:

1. It cannot be mined by a normal user with just CPU (and I missed those day, sigh...)  -- I should not complain, but since you asked...

2. It doesn't evolve, it's not fixing its new problems (the software should not allow a miner get the founder fee if it doesn't process most possible transactions too).

3. I don't have enough Bitcoin Smiley
Activity: 728
Never ending parties are what Im into.
August 21, 2015, 08:48:11 AM
All the manipulating to make a profit
PUGG.io
August 21, 2015, 08:46:51 AM
I have a few problems with bitcoin.
In my country there are only a few places where you can buy or spend bitcoin.
I can't report earnings from bitcoin to the tax authorities, they still did not anticipate such earnings in their respective taxation laws Smiley
Recently, we got first bitcoin ATM in the country, but this is not enough, of course.
I had to wait for the last transaction confirmation a few hours.

legendary
August 21, 2015, 08:45:43 AM
The transaction confirmation time can sometimes be really annoying. Sometimes it doesn't confirm for hours...
Actually its still better than transferring money with our banks if we want to do international transaction Smiley

My biggest problem is that there is too little places to spend it. I would like to have more options where to pay and purchase. Hope it will improve.

Are you for real? There are tons ways to spend your bitcoin if you got many bitcoin, see goods tabs https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=51.0 or you can also check gambling tab https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=56.0. Try to spend your bitcoin there

Maybe he means there is no place in his city that accepting btc so far. About gambling, I hope it wont be another problem for him if he lose Grin Gambling is fun, but we should know our limit Wink
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
August 21, 2015, 08:43:21 AM
My problem is that I can't spend it POS style. I can't walk down to my local coffee shop and spend a few to get a product in return. Right now it's possible through services and such to buy most everything that's on the internet with bitcoin, but real-world transactions are a hurdle I can't cross with those services.
Pages:
Jump to: