Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your current strategy? - page 32. (Read 8973 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
August 14, 2017, 11:59:54 PM
Altcoins are down because of the rise of bitcoin price so I am stuck with my altcoins for now waiting for the price to have a nice pump. I usually just day trade but because the price keeps getting down then I have to wait for a few more days or weeks for the prices to go back up or if it continues to go down then I would average down to reduce the price in taking a profit.

The best trading strategy is Control of Emotion. If anyone can do this, then the better part of trading will have been taken care of. Not all altcoins are down, only the old ones. New altcoins are still enjoying patronage and soaring. Look at the binance coin for instance still in a bullish run and has got itself from less than a dollar to almost two dollar within a few days.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 14, 2017, 01:43:36 AM
Here in this situations  day  to day is bitter than other options because of the frequency BTC price if you buy and holding my be lose more /win so you have to keep close monitoring price
Activity: 907
Merit: 500
August 13, 2017, 06:53:50 PM
Altcoins are down because of the rise of bitcoin price so I am stuck with my altcoins for now waiting for the price to have a nice pump. I usually just day trade but because the price keeps getting down then I have to wait for a few more days or weeks for the prices to go back up or if it continues to go down then I would average down to reduce the price in taking a profit.
A trader should have back up plans with main trading strategy. One should not stick to one basic trading plan when we all know that crypto market is full of fluctuations. The trader should know how to tackle different problems. Only then he can become a successful crypto trader.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
August 13, 2017, 02:26:50 PM
Yeah, I think you will need to wait for a long time because the price of bitcoin is still increasing, that means price of altcoin will continue to fall. Actually, you should not trade the day if you have a small amount of capital, and even if you have large capital, you should still choose the potential coin to hold because day trading does not earn too much profit, instead, you should focus your long-term investment on a coin, profit will be much larger than the day trading
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
August 13, 2017, 01:42:28 PM
I stick to my long term porfolio spread of 70% bitcoin and 30% altcoins. My altcoins are mainly top-30 altcoins plus a few 'shit'coin to see if I can catch a pump that I will leave at the right moment. This has worked out quite well in the past months. Of course, under different market conditions a fixed strategy has its up and downs, but I like to play it kind of steady and in the long run it delivers.
Activity: 84
August 13, 2017, 12:59:07 PM
Here in this situations  day  to day is bitter than other options because of the frequency BTC price if you buy and holding my be lose more /win so you have to keep close monitoring price
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
August 13, 2017, 12:45:20 PM
I am a day traders! I do buy low and sell high. Mostly on the altcoins that just entered into the market.  This is were I make profit most.  Another strategy I do use is buy when the price is extremely cheap and hold to sell when the price is too expensive. This strategy work best for me and you can put it in your system.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
August 13, 2017, 09:49:43 AM
I use different strategies with respect to the situation and time period. For long time investment i prefer buy and hold as i can earn a huge profit through it by holding for a long time, I also trade day by day to gain some amount daily to gradually grow my funds. I don't use my funds for betting and all these types of games because the risk is really high which i don't want to take, so better is to play safe as much as you can.
Yeah you can’t apply one strategy to different situations. Though the basic rule of staying safe and successful in the crypto land is to buy low and sell high but this strategy needs to be modified under different circumstances. For day trading, holding does not work too much. It is for long term trading.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
August 12, 2017, 11:58:06 PM
Activity: 1316
Merit: 356
August 12, 2017, 11:17:44 PM
Buy and hold?

Cryptodabbler?

Day-to-day trading?

Big bets enough to play the market?

Other? specify.

Please provide a quick explanation of the choicie of your strategy.

To participate in an on going research and get the final report, follow this link : https://mourad1bm.typeform.com/to/wvQQyZ

Participants will be rewarded by free 200$ credits to test the beta version of our upcoming product.
My current strategy is day to day trading. I don't want trade after next day because I'm scared of being miss the selling price peak. I want to sell on day even a small amount of should be earn. And there are some cryptocurrency that should need to be hold such as long term coins.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
August 12, 2017, 11:04:21 PM
Pretty much just holding, although it would have been better if I had a larger investment.  Will need to invest some more, but I'll let the current volatility settle down a bit before looking into that.  Don't want to get in right after the price surge.
Holding must be the highly profitable strategy we can follow with bitcoins as of now. Because people are sharing for same amount of capital they are earning better with holding compared to trading bitcoins actively. I guess this must be the enough proof that my strategy will get me better benefits in coming months.

Depends on how many btc you hold, if we only have small amount (less than 0.5) so I can say that holding wont be so profitable compared to day to day trading. I'm a small trader, I prefer to trade actively so I can make profit by trading bitcoin to altcoin in daily basis.

Do not sell bitcoin now, the value of bitcoin is constantly increasing. You should consider carefully, do not make hasty decisions and then regret it. I've made that mistake.
And as of now for where bitcoin place is. The price is increasingly rapidly so selling btc now is not a good idea i believe bitcoin can increase more than now.
Not only you but a lot of the expertise in the stock speculation alreayd predicted the bitcoin will worth a lot in the future, $20000 looks very reasonable for the bitcoin price. And all of the altcoin price will be following the bitcoin's track.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
August 12, 2017, 09:44:31 PM
Pretty much just holding, although it would have been better if I had a larger investment.  Will need to invest some more, but I'll let the current volatility settle down a bit before looking into that.  Don't want to get in right after the price surge.
Holding must be the highly profitable strategy we can follow with bitcoins as of now. Because people are sharing for same amount of capital they are earning better with holding compared to trading bitcoins actively. I guess this must be the enough proof that my strategy will get me better benefits in coming months.

Depends on how many btc you hold, if we only have small amount (less than 0.5) so I can say that holding wont be so profitable compared to day to day trading. I'm a small trader, I prefer to trade actively so I can make profit by trading bitcoin to altcoin in daily basis.

Do not sell bitcoin now, the value of bitcoin is constantly increasing. You should consider carefully, do not make hasty decisions and then regret it. I've made that mistake.
And as of now for where bitcoin place is. The price is increasingly rapidly so selling btc now is not a good idea i believe bitcoin can increase more than now.
Activity: 309
August 12, 2017, 09:19:36 PM
My current strategy is to use a good portion of my available coins and invest them in advertising other programs mostly.

There has been some good opportunity's to make a lot of profit in the past, i want to make sure i have build up enough funding.

I want to make sure i'm ready for the next flight to the moon Cheesy

Altcoins currently have serious problems except some of the pumped ones. Bitcoin keep rising. So it's hard to predict what to do. I keep holdin my altcoins against bitcoin. I also try to watch them close so I can sell my alts during a nice pump.
Activity: 78
August 12, 2017, 08:42:59 PM
My current strategy is to use a good portion of my available coins and invest them in advertising other programs mostly.

There has been some good opportunity's to make a lot of profit in the past, i want to make sure i have build up enough funding.

I want to make sure i'm ready for the next flight to the moon Cheesy

Activity: 896
Merit: 514
August 12, 2017, 03:16:21 PM
Currently I believe that viable strategy would be to bet on altcoin booms. Those seem to happen from day to day so a diversified portfolio could hold up well against such a market sentiment.
Versatile portfolio is a confirmation ticket to the profit land. It is great to invest into different coins to increase your chances of profit. But diversity does not mean to go for coins that are not having any potential of increasing in the future. Currently, just go for bitcoins and few altcoins such as waves, neo etc.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
August 12, 2017, 05:27:06 AM
I use different strategies with respect to the situation and time period. For long time investment i prefer buy and hold as i can earn a huge profit through it by holding for a long time, I also trade day by day to gain some amount daily to gradually grow my funds. I don't use my funds for betting and all these types of games because the risk is really high which i don't want to take, so better is to play safe as much as you can.
Activity: 2534
Merit: 586
August 12, 2017, 04:37:11 AM
My current strategy is to do averaging, i do it by buying worth of $500 of bitcoin every week so i can get the average price of bitcoin for the week and i just keep doing it since the start of the year now and i can say that even though the price of bitcoin now is high, i can still earn because of my previous investments that was already done by the past few months.
Quite smart strategy you are using and I am thankful to you for sharing this. I will also try to apply this strategy from next year. I believe in buying coins especially bitcoins at low rate and then keep them in wallets until they are ready to take a ride to moon. This plan really works for me.
Activity: 209
August 11, 2017, 01:07:45 PM
I prefer to hold my bitcoin because I believe the bitcoin price will go up. I get the advantage by holding bitcoin. I believe by storing bitcoin i will get that many benefits. I do not have to do anything just waiting for a good time to sell bitcoin

Holding bitcoin at present is the best strategy. Because now after split we all know that bitcoin will now become more powerful currency and the demand will be rising in coming time. Due to this investment in btc at resent is the good bet and we can see 35004 in just couple of days from now.

I guess many of bitcoin users will still stick to the 1st option of strategy which is to hold their bitcoins with them and to just wait for it's value to rise up it's equivalent to each one's country. We all know that sometimes bitcoin's value is inconsistent and can really be unstable, although holding it can also be risky but it's less risky than all of the other strategies.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
August 11, 2017, 12:20:16 PM
Buy and hold?

Cryptodabbler?

Day-to-day trading?

Big bets enough to play the market?

Other? specify.
Honestly I do not get what you mean by "current" strategy. Because I do not change my strategies for trading often. But I do hear some traders are switching over to different strategies based on market conditions but I do not find any need of changing strategies for my trading so far.

I just do buy and hold bitcoins for long haul that is my basic strategy also I am holding few altcoins and I do trade some hot altcoins too.

Well buying and holding of cryptocurrencies is made possible and profitable mostly by the absent of leverage/margin requirements. It really isn't  something to call a strategy because there isn't any methodology behind it. With a leveraged or margin trade, we will find that in the course of market movements, transcending from one condition to another - it is either trending, choppy/directionless or stagnant and just one strategy sure can't fit in for all these conditions. Diverse strategies becomes inevitable to manage different market conditions.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
August 11, 2017, 12:16:22 PM

Pages:
Jump to: