Pages:
Author

Topic: What's Your Favorite Altcoin? - page 6. (Read 5618 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
July 03, 2014, 08:59:15 AM
Feathercoin it is.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 03, 2014, 08:50:26 AM
I read a lot of people invested in WorldCoin. It looks interesting.
Activity: 4
July 03, 2014, 08:33:10 AM
Of course also for me, FTC.
Activity: 43
July 03, 2014, 03:48:52 AM
For me its Feathercoin Its not new and it's got a great established friendly community and those guys are doing some amazing work right now. Replacing the scrypt algorithm with an updated version they have developed themselves called neoscrypt.
They have a Feathercoin ATM and also a custom Point of Sale device.
Thats not all as the list is pretty long but go check them out I'm expecting big things over the next few months. Smiley

Well said krisdavison! I back Feathercoin to! Go and check the Forum out. There's also a givaway going on right now if you want to get involved in some way!
Activity: 48
July 03, 2014, 03:32:48 AM
For me its Feathercoin Its not new and it's got a great established friendly community and those guys are doing some amazing work right now. Replacing the scrypt algorithm with an updated version they have developed themselves called neoscrypt.
They have a Feathercoin ATM and also a custom Point of Sale device.
Thats not all as the list is pretty long but go check them out I'm expecting big things over the next few months. Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 253
July 03, 2014, 03:12:21 AM
I think it is fair to say that the posts above already paint a picture of some Altcoins having reasonably established themselves in this very young field. Personally, my thoughts go to Devcoin with its unique approach and goals. Dogecoin for the micro payments (with Mooncoin underrated) and Darkcoin as example of anonymity efforts.

However, I expect a breakthrough (which seems inevitable regardless of the unknown time scale) to come from practical trading solutions. Imagine what happens if XCP / Reggie's Ultracoin become a success?

Massive disruption and an absolute hype in crypto currency land.

I do understand the need to make everything super simple and get ATMs in every gas station so people can buy the coins. But the main focus should be on making altcoins that are tailored to NEW users who don't mine. That is how it becomes money for everyone.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
July 03, 2014, 02:49:58 AM
I think it is fair to say that the posts above already paint a picture of some Altcoins having reasonably established themselves in this very young field. Personally, my thoughts go to Devcoin with its unique approach and goals. Dogecoin for the micro payments (with Mooncoin underrated) and Darkcoin as example of anonymity efforts.

However, I expect a breakthrough (which seems inevitable regardless of the unknown time scale) to come from practical trading solutions. Imagine what happens if XCP / Reggie's Ultracoin become a success?

Massive disruption and an absolute hype in crypto currency land.
July 02, 2014, 09:26:53 PM
I currently have Litecoin, Darkcoin and Dogecoin making them my favorite by default  Grin

What is Dark coin?
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1010
666 - slave 2 the grind -
July 02, 2014, 09:13:39 PM
 I currently have Litecoin, Darkcoin and Dogecoin making them my favorite by default  Grin
July 02, 2014, 08:48:04 PM
Ignore dogecoin, they have screwed it up with setting the coin supply to unlimited. Its already leaded toward its doomsday.
Currently i belive in DRK and monreo, also CannabisCoin is trying. And favourite one i'd like to skyrocket as it deserves it? DigiByte of course.

There is a time and a place for infinite coins, they will be the payment system for mining Bitcoin once there are no more Bitcoins to mine. You will merge mine things like Doge coin and Devcoin WITH the Bitcoin, and that is how you will get paid when there aren't any bitcoins left to pay you in.

And then if we ever become a space faring species, then we will need infinite coins to help us calculate trade throughout the galaxy and eventually the universe. Some planets/space stations will value coins differently. Like on one planet/station Doge coin will be popular, while on another Bitcoin will be more popular. Like USD and Pesos or Euros.
July 02, 2014, 08:45:41 PM
Everyone needs to start thinking HOW COULD I GET MY MOM TO USE MY NEW COIN WITHOUT ME HELPING HER

Abstraction.

If you interface with a coin through a recognisable medium, it's easy to use.

for example: think of a paypal/skrill UI web based program which hooks in to any wallet you specify, or a one provided by the website owner.
not limited to this, but it's a start.

I think eventually people will realize that people on "the outside" don't trust people that they have never seen the face of, and that that is like 25% of the problem with Bitcoin. Many people don't even KNOW of anyone that has been on TV or anything because of Bitcoin. If it were not for the Joe Rogan Podcast I would have personally never heard of David Seaman or Andre Antanopolis, I would have only heard of Gavin Anderson and Satoshi Nakamoto and that is from reading stuff HERE.

SO.
The solution to this will be wallets at ALREADY trusted sites. Ex: Imagine Bitcointalk.org profiles came WITH wallets. Do you think more people would trust that over a website that they can't communicate with directly? If there were wallets associated with our accounts, we could all complain when they messed up and stuff, and people like to be able to talk to the people holding their stuff. That is why MCXNow was so successful even though everyone here always hated on it.

And once people start showing their faces more and Bitcoiners start getting put to known public faces, it will start to move a lot faster. Like if Joe Rogan himself announced that HE owned Bitcoins and supported Bitcoins and told people to make their own coins in a short video (or if there was a 'show you face' thread here) people would start to feel like they should get involved and wonder why they haven't.

I'd be interested to hear your comments on https://github.com/coinsolidation/bitmark/wiki/Microtransactions-and-Microtrust - it seems to fall in line with what you say, bootstrap existing real world trust.

Yes, that is perfect.
If someone were to implement that, eventually sites like Amazon would realize that THAT is what they should be doing. People should be able to trade bitcoins for Amazon coins, or money for Amazon coins, then spend those coins on Amazon. It could eventually completely replace gift cards for ALL companies, they just have to make their own Micro currencies based on coins.

That is what the Bitmark project is all about, and is the focus for the next round of development. I would appreciate any discussion on thread about approaches to this, target markets, potential early adopters, and so forth.

Awesome I will check out that thread and make some comments soon.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
July 02, 2014, 08:41:35 PM
Ignore dogecoin, they have screwed it up with setting the coin supply to unlimited. Its already leaded toward its doomsday.
Currently i belive in DRK and monreo, also CannabisCoin is trying. And favourite one i'd like to skyrocket as it deserves it? DigiByte of course.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitmark Developer
July 02, 2014, 08:40:55 PM
Everyone needs to start thinking HOW COULD I GET MY MOM TO USE MY NEW COIN WITHOUT ME HELPING HER

Abstraction.

for example: think of a paypal/skrill UI web based program which hooks in to any wallet you specify, or a one provided by the website owner.

I think eventually people will realize that people on "the outside" don't trust people that they have never seen the face of, and that that is like 25% of the problem with Bitcoin. Many people don't even KNOW of anyone that has been on TV or anything because of Bitcoin. If it were not for the Joe Rogan Podcast I would have personally never heard of David Seaman or Andre Antanopolis, I would have only heard of Gavin Anderson and Satoshi Nakamoto and that is from reading stuff HERE.

SO.
The solution to this will be wallets at ALREADY trusted sites. Ex: Imagine Bitcointalk.org profiles came WITH wallets. Do you think more people would trust that over a website that they can't communicate with directly? If there were wallets associated with our accounts, we could all complain when they messed up and stuff, and people like to be able to talk to the people holding their stuff. That is why MCXNow was so successful even though everyone here always hated on it.

And once people start showing their faces more and Bitcoiners start getting put to known public faces, it will start to move a lot faster. Like if Joe Rogan himself announced that HE owned Bitcoins and supported Bitcoins and told people to make their own coins in a short video (or if there was a 'show you face' thread here) people would start to feel like they should get involved and wonder why they haven't.

I'd be interested to hear your comments on https://github.com/coinsolidation/bitmark/wiki/Microtransactions-and-Microtrust - it seems to fall in line with what you say, bootstrap existing real world trust.

Yes, that is perfect.
If someone were to implement that, eventually sites like Amazon would realize that THAT is what they should be doing. People should be able to trade bitcoins for Amazon coins, or money for Amazon coins, then spend those coins on Amazon. It could eventually completely replace gift cards for ALL companies, they just have to make their own Micro currencies based on coins.

That is what the Bitmark project is all about, and is the focus for the next round of development. I would appreciate any discussion on thread about approaches to this, target markets, potential early adopters, and so forth.
July 02, 2014, 08:32:17 PM

Abstraction.

SO.

Yes, that is perfect.
Bitmark Developer
July 02, 2014, 08:19:34 PM

Abstraction.

SO.

July 02, 2014, 08:05:07 PM

Abstraction.

SO.

Bitmark Developer
July 02, 2014, 07:58:58 PM

Abstraction.

legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
July 02, 2014, 07:32:50 PM
Feathercoin it is! Smiley
July 02, 2014, 07:12:48 PM
I'll go ahead and list some of the coins I remember.

Devcoin
Doge coin
World coin
Bit Bar
Spots
Feather coin
Lite coin
Name coin
Nova coin
World coin

I can't remember any others off the top of my head.
July 02, 2014, 06:39:17 PM
Oh btw! My favourite coin has to be NXT i guess.
What are they about?
Pages:
Jump to: