Pages:
Author

Topic: What's Your Favorite Altcoin? - page 4. (Read 5618 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
July 06, 2014, 07:02:14 PM
i have never mined a coin either and have found the whole concept interesting.

lol in regards to your mom, i think you are right. Until someone big like google or amazon, etc jumps on making one of the coins as a alternative payment system i am afraid it don't look like it is going to become easily accessible to the general public. I would assume the big companies will be able to make this more user friendly.

I have tried, and even had people explain me through the whole process and I can never get my computer to do it just right, or I am somehow just computer incompetent and am doing something wrong even when I get it explained to me via the phone.

Yeah, I am hoping that Google or somebody makes a coin soon. I honestly have no idea why they have not done it yet, it blows my mind that the Internet Search company that probably has people using their search engine more than ANYTHING ELSE to learn about Bitcoin, and they themselves (who are paid developers) have not decided to do anything yet.

iof you have access to CBT nuggets there is a good explanation of how the whole system works. i am guessing there are other youtube videos that show how the whole process works, but again i dont think it is easily accessible for the average person. Because of this the idea of E-currency will struggle to take off the ground. check out youtube i am sure you will find good simple videos.
Activity: 308
Merit: 253
July 06, 2014, 04:25:20 PM
Vericoin is my coin. Has veribit so i can spend them anywhere btc is accepted. No other alt has this and all will copy this. Its full POS so no asic worries and I can stake my coins and gain interest.

How do you spend them where Bitcoins can be spent? How does that work? That does sound like something that will be adopted across the board eventually.
Activity: 24
July 05, 2014, 09:12:34 PM
Vericoin is my coin. Has veribit so i can spend them anywhere btc is accepted. No other alt has this and all will copy this. Its full POS so no asic worries and I can stake my coins and gain interest.
July 05, 2014, 06:56:44 PM
My list:
1st place - XC (X11 coin)
2nd - Monero (XMR)
3rd - NXT and maybe mastcoin also.

What is Monero?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 05, 2014, 04:21:00 PM
My list:
1st place - XC (X11 coin)
2nd - Monero (XMR)
3rd - NXT and maybe mastcoin also.
July 05, 2014, 11:30:55 AM
Bitshares far the best

~CfA~

I have heard that the Bitcoin Foundation wants to run a coin along side Bitcoin, maybe one day Bitshare can become that. Or Bitmark.
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
July 05, 2014, 10:57:44 AM
Bitshares far the best

~CfA~
July 05, 2014, 10:49:43 AM
Huntercoin by far and away right now. Do 5 mins due diligence on it and I promise you will fall in love... do 1 hour and when you cum you'll see a HUC & a pot of gold Cheesy

Is there a thread?
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
July 05, 2014, 03:25:08 AM
Huntercoin by far and away right now. Do 5 mins due diligence on it and I promise you will fall in love... do 1 hour and when you cum you'll see a HUC & a pot of gold Cheesy
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
July 05, 2014, 02:57:07 AM
Nem coin came out as a very successful coin, really like it...
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Activity: 8
July 05, 2014, 02:33:11 AM
Nodecoin. Will be out in a few weeks.
July 04, 2014, 08:53:31 PM
DVC, Litecoin, both resonate well with me.

DVC is really ailing at the moment, and I wonder if the rise of cloud mining is responsible.Those extra DVC that people get just getting dumped.

The worst from the list given is Doge, just because it is a silly coin, and was not funny ... ever.

After that, WDC "community" became like a cult, which was creepy .... but what about the rumours of WDC being sold off on the cheap from the ex official facebook? (later claim was that it was hacked).

Last, FTC has the worst name possible, so I can't take it seriously.

Devcoin has many problems.

1. Tons of trolls came after someone that used Devcoin and ended up basically working there and they are horrible people.

2. People get the coins FREE, then they all hold on for dear life. Coins MUST have fluid motion, or it will die. The people that have been writing for coins for 2+ years need to just give a good chunk of them up so that the coin can breathe.

3. The people there only seem to like getting things done when it is in spite of someone.

Other than those things, it's a great project.

I don't see why they should give their coins up because you think it might serve a greater good.

I'm sure there is fluidity, it is mined everyday along with BTC.

I never said they "had to" I just said that it would fix the coin. And I think they should sell them, not give them away free or anything.

And mining has NOTHING to do with fluidity. If no one is spending or selling the coins, they are not moving. Even a drop in price is a better form of progress than stagnation.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 04, 2014, 08:52:15 PM

DVC is really ailing at the moment, and I wonder if the rise of cloud mining is responsible.Those extra DVC that people get just getting dumped.

The worst from the list given is Doge, just because it is a silly coin, and was not funny ... ever.

After that, WDC "community" became like a cult, which was creepy .... but what about the rumours of WDC being sold off on the cheap from the ex official facebook? (later claim was that it was hacked).

1. Tons of trolls came after someone that used Devcoin and ended up basically working there and they are horrible people.

2. People get the coins FREE, then they all hold on for dear life. Coins MUST have fluid motion, or it will die. The people that have been writing for coins for 2+ years need to just give a good chunk of them up so that the coin can breathe.

3. The people there only seem to like getting things done when it is in spite of someone.

I don't see why they should give their coins up because you think it might serve a greater good.

I'm sure there is fluidity, it is mined everyday along with BTC.
July 04, 2014, 08:48:58 PM

July 04, 2014, 08:45:42 PM
Does anyone know like different websites that show what ASIC coins are being mined most and SHA being mined most and Scrypt being mined most, etc.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 04, 2014, 08:45:34 PM

After that, the WDC "community" became like a cult, which was creepy .... but what about the rumours of WDC being sold off on the cheap from the ex official facebook? (later claim was that it was hacked).

*Edit .. Peercoin, although I don't buy it, was a pretty good innovation.

Plus, XRP was clever, but the development team handled promotions very badly.

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
July 04, 2014, 08:24:56 PM
The coins I like are..

vericoin
GlobalBoost Coin (BST)
FuelCoin
and also PayProCoin looks interesting...
Pages:
Jump to: