Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 18. (Read 450417 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
July 01, 2018, 12:02:41 PM
Just made the jump to a 1911 in 10 mm.

Sweet!

For my part, I've now got pretty much every piece I need and want at the moment.  The only thing I have interest in any more would be for 'investment' purposes.  Good trading stock under some potential future scenarios.  If so, I'd focus on the types of weapons that average people would need for basic defense of home and family.

People who want to protect their families but got shut out by the gun-grabber's manipulation of the markets could need these types of weapons (and ammo) badly and it could mean the difference between life and death for them.  If my whole community has defensive weapons (and for the most part they do) then I personally am more safe.

Activity: 839
Merit: 1004
July 01, 2018, 07:33:37 AM
Just made the jump to a 1911 in 10 mm.

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
June 29, 2018, 11:14:36 PM
Assailant with shotgun invades newsroom, kills five. Why did no one shoot back?

I see where an unidentified white male — possibly a disgruntled reader — wielding a shotgun, killed five and "gravely wounded" seven today at the offices of the Annapolis Capital Times, a daily newspaper increasingly shifting to "digital platforms," a subsidiary of the Baltimore Sun and thus, eventually, of the Chicago Tribune and the Big Media Conglomerate known as "Tronc."

Immediately, and predictably, deranged members of the echo-chamber Left media blamed President Donald Trump, for correctly pointing out those failing enterprises have done everything in their power for 30 years now (and especially since Trump did the unthinkable, the unforgivable, defeating their spotless modern Joan-of-Arc, Miss Hillary) to prop up the Globalist Uniparty and its "open borders, low-wage" agenda, while blocking the populist revolution, the rejuvenation of America, that Trump represents.

This despite the fact that — ever since election night, 2016 — virtually all the violence and CALLS for violence have been coming from the Left. (Ask Congressman Steve Scalise.) They really HATE the fact that — unlike such "good Republicans" as John McCain and Mitt Romney, whose response to vicious leftist attacks was always to lie down, cover their heads, and whine like bitches (in order to prove they were "good sports," and thus not get thrown out of "The Club") this Trump guy DARES to talk back to his betters.

Read more at https://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Article/242735-2018-06-28-assailant-with-shotgun-invades-newsroom-kills-five-why-did-no.htm.

Cool
legendary
June 26, 2018, 07:56:11 PM

Finally got around to getting and installing a gun safe.  Upon gathering all of my guns and ammo from here and there, I'm thinking "Damn...maybe I am a gun loon!"

What actually happened mostly is that there have been various efforts to dis-arm the population and it's annoyed me and 'triggered' me to buy certain guns just to give the gun-grabbers the finger.  This was a big factor in getting a 5.56 recently.  I also have legacy firearms obtained as gifts in my childhood and inherited from deceased family and what-not.

Also, various kinds of ammo have gone through extended periods of shortage.  Notably 357 mag and 22 lr.  When they did become available I bought some.  Then I forgot that I had and bought some more.  Rinse/repeat.  Only when collecting it all to one place did I realize how much I had.  Anyway, it's actually a fairly good performing speculative play although that was not my intention.  Not as good of a speculative play as Bitcoin though.

legendary
June 18, 2018, 05:18:44 PM
Armed shopper thwarts potential mass shooting by killing gunman

Emergency calls were made to dispatcher at around 5pm local time.

Suspect carjacked one vehicle then led police to the parking lot of local Walmart.

When he tried to carjack another vehicle, an armed bystander shot him dead.

Read more at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5855083/Multiple-injures-shooting-Walmart-Cops-declare-mass-casualty-event-busy-grocery-store.html.

Cool
legendary
June 16, 2018, 03:17:47 PM
^^^ But only if a jury judges the psychiatrist to be accurate in every case. After all, a jury can nullify even the law. It's called Jury Nullification - https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/jury+nullification.

Cool
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
June 15, 2018, 05:51:56 AM
I personally believe everyone should have guns, at least one in the home. If you check fbi.gov for gun death statistics you will find that the kinds of weapons most gun control people want to ban are things like ARs and 30 round clips. FBI.gov will show you that those kind of weapons are one of the least used in gun deaths, while pistols and shotguns, knives and fist often killing just as many if not more.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
June 09, 2018, 07:04:13 PM
Firearms guarantee the relative fairness of individuals in the United States towards other people, groups, and government agencies. It also gives the gunners (actually everyone) the responsibility to handle the problem rationally.
In recent years, the issue of large-scale violence has indeed increased. Many people have demanded that they control guns (rather than guns), but the background of the social distribution gap that has expanded more than a hundred times does not change. The gun control itself will do nothing but harm.
legendary
June 08, 2018, 08:06:46 PM
Who controls guns? Sometimes it is bad guys. Sometimes it is good guys. Sometimes it is the police and the military, who have some good guys and some bad guys. Wouldn't you like to be able to control a gun so that you can protect yourself from the bad guys who control guns? I mean, even when the cops are good, it takes them way too long to get there.

Cool
Activity: 283
Merit: 23
TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr
June 07, 2018, 12:18:44 AM
Gun control is a quick and short-term solution to a problem that is cause by human limitation. 
A crime committed without guns is usually less brutal and is easier for the victim to escape from.

But then why are people up for a gun ban?
Cause it would 'somehow' lessen the crimes committed by criminals.

The ultimate solution for crimes is for homes to be loving homes.
For parents to teach and love their children.
Problem is people are selfish. Parents neglect their children.
legendary
June 06, 2018, 10:29:33 PM

Update on my mini-14:

Picked it up today!  I thought that possessing it was supposed to draw me toward a school to do a mass shooting.  It didn't.  Weird.  I guess maybe the gun-grabbers are just full of shit.

Now I'm wondering how much ammo to stockpile.  I think that 10,000 rounds should be enough for the coming zombie apocalypse but I'm not sure.  Perhaps 20,000 rounds would be better?

More seriously, the crew mentioned how fast my background check went through.  (Yes brainwashed idiots, the U.S. has 'gun control' and I had to do a background check with thumbprints and all that just as I always do.)  I wonder if the background check algorithms are scanning one's facebook posts and twitter messages.  If so, that could explain why my check didn't take long...I've wasn't stupid enough to ever start using those platforms.

legendary
June 01, 2018, 08:47:10 PM

Update on my mini-14...or potential mini-14:

My name not being on the wish-list was the result of a clerk with cross-eyes, but their buyers still claimed not to have access to what I want (Stainless/wood.)

We have a mountain lion prowling around again and the animals are acting weird, so I'd really like to get my mini-14 which is, in my opinion, about the best weapon for taking care of one of these creatures if the dogs can tree the thing.  More convenient than my elk rifle which is significant over-kill.

So, I put the feelers out to another gun dealer then told the first people that I had done so, but that I would take a blued carbine if they could get one right away.  They called back and said that their buyer now all of a sudden has access to over 40 of the items I want.  I went to town and paid them and now I have to wait for it to arrive.  1 to 2 weeks for special order guns.

I also noticed in a news search that there were a lot of articles about the evil mini-14 and how, while it looks benign is basically the same thing as the evil AR-15.  The strong implication is that they too should be banned.  Apparently Anders Brevik was a big fan of the mini-14 and few mainstream media articles fail to mention this.

The fact that the mainstream media, and more generally the tribe which owns most of the media and 'our' government, does not wish me to have a mini-14 is reason enough for me to get one.  I'm funny like that.  I was also loaned one one time when I was working in Dillingham since there were more bears than humans in town and they actually did try to break into structures from time to time.  The day after I was loaned the thing, the lender killed a bear on his porch using a shotgun slug.  He hoisted it with his forklift, sawed of it's paws with a chainsaw, then deposited it in the dumpster.  I really liked the size and feel of the mini-14 that I was loaned and figured I'd get one someday.

Activity: 839
Merit: 1004
A gun intoxicates the bearer when it is loaded with live armo or bullets because it has the power to take a life,the urge to pull.the trigger becomes strong.

What a load of shit.  What you describe is mental illness, not a normal human being. If this is what is in your head, seek help.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
I think controlling of weapon is an essential need in USA. because anyone could afford a gun and could harm to the others in all costs. license for guns should be offered to the people who are either in forces or to the people who are responsible for security field. otherwise it wont be stopping maniacs would kill the innocence people.
Recently read the news about how two cops who were being pinned down by a gang with enormous firepower were saved by an elderly woman who fired at the gangs and with an AK47 and managed to save the lives of the policemen. Guns are good when they are in the right hands.
legendary
[im]https://i.imgur.com/InHobUx.png[/img]

Ironically I was in town today and checked up on my order of a mini-14 ranch style in stainless.  I called about a month ago and they said I was still on the wish-list.  Today they cannot find my name but said they will call Monday.  I also noticed that all of the 40 or so rifles they had were bolt action and I saw maybe one which was not.  Even that may have been chambered for 22lr.  Oregon.

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
The sale of weapons must undergo certain procedures and restrict from selling it to the mentally ill people and those who are involved in violence against other people

Laws are already in place. Parkland was caused because of a policy of giving minority troubled youth a free pass to keep them out of jail. If the government had done their job, Parkland would not have happened.
legendary
legendary
Why you need the Second Amendment: Six men storm into California home during early morning invasion

Hey #GunControlNow crowd, please tell me why you believe one doesn't need large capacity magazines to defend themselves against SIX intruders?

From SFGate: Six men armed with a handgun and prybar invaded a Bayview (CA) home early Sunday morning to rob three people, authorities said.

The incident occurred just before 1:30 a.m. on the 1900 block of Carroll Avenue, according to a San Francisco Police Department report.

The victims, two men in their 50s and one woman in her 60s, were reportedly sleeping when the suspects broke down the front door. Police said the suspects robbed the victims at gunpoint and made off with a purse, cash, cell phones, laptops and a tablet.

Read more at http://www.dcclothesline.com/2018/05/17/why-you-need-the-second-amendment-six-men-storm-into-california-home-during-early-morning-invasion/.

Cool

When exercising constitutional rights no one was to explain themselves.
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Isn’t really amazing that with most gun shootouts, the suspects when they are white are almost always caught but when it comes to black people without even guns, they end up dead. I think if they are to disarm everyone, they should begin with the Police first.They are just bullies with a gun.
Pages:
Jump to: