Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 7. (Read 450417 times)

Activity: 414
Merit: 182
October 11, 2019, 12:36:45 AM
We are living in a sick sick world so I think we need stricter backround checks

Can you expand on that blanket statement ?

What is being missed in current background checks? Who isn't getting a background check?
Activity: 243
Merit: 9
October 10, 2019, 10:08:08 PM
We are living in a sick sick world so I think we need stricter backround checks
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
October 10, 2019, 07:58:45 PM
Folks, this is actually being done right now. Parents of these kids should teach the kids about guns, and how to use them in the face of real shooters. And, the parents should arm themselves. This way all the drills will backfire on the gun control people.

How active shooter drills are used to terrorize the public into supporting gun control

School Resource Officer Amanda Myers said students will meet in their homerooms and will be taken to the auditorium for a presentation about the drill they are about to experience. She said teachers in the building went through a similar drill two weeks ago.

Myers said after the presentation, students will return to their classrooms and await the start of the scripted drill. She said teachers will have the option to say where the shots were coming from or not during the drill. During each set of shots, the students and teachers will talk about it and a possible plan of action whether to barricade their classroom or evacuate.

Outside of the building, staff members will be wearing safety vests to assist and direct students to pre-determined safe zones. In addition, there will be school buses circulating in the adjacent neighborhood which will also be safe zones. The safety staff members will have a list of safety steps relating to medical treatment, cover and concealment, bus locations.

Following the drill, students will return to their homerooms as well as back to the auditorium for a one-hour debriefing. After lunch, students will have discussions with their teachers and participate in social emotional activities.

Cool
legendary
October 02, 2019, 05:10:28 PM
More gun freedom every day, even if the strict gun control is done by teachers.

Some Florida teachers can now carry firearms on school, campuses

Teachers in certain Florida school districts are now allowed to carry firearms on school grounds due to a controversial state law that came on the heels of a school massacre.

The measure stems from a hotly debated new law signed by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis in May giving districts the option to arm teachers and security guards. The law was passed in response to the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland on Feb. 14, 2018; 17 people were killed in the shooting spree.

The law gives districts the right to opt into the Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program. Feis was a  Stoneman Douglas staff member who shielded students from a barrage of bullets and was himself fatally shot.

Watch the latest video at foxnews.com [at the above link].

The program designates teachers and security guards as "guardians" who respond to armed attacks on school campuses. Guardians are strictly volunteers, who will receive a $500 stipend for their participation in the program.

According to the Florida Department of Education, guardians must pass psychological and drug screenings, and successfully complete a minimum of 144 hours of training.

Currently, 39 out of Florida's 67 counties have opted to participate in the program, including Broward County, where the Parkland episode occurred. Miami-Dade and Orlando have chosen not to take part.

Cool
October 02, 2019, 05:03:15 PM
How many liberal heads would explode just knowing about my latest toy?

AR pistol with 7" barrel and binary trigger.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 605
October 02, 2019, 02:54:19 PM
according to me the control of weapons is unconstitutional the americans have the right to possess the weapons but not to kill but as a deterrent, for legitimate self-defense, to defend themselves and their property from possible aggressions / thefts...
legendary
September 26, 2019, 11:20:17 AM
^^^ Kids in some countries are required to fight, because the whole world seems to be against some of those countries.

The reason why kids hold guns is that nations like the USA are fighting with the country the kids are in.

Guns are just about dead in the USA. After all, even though there are bunches of guns all over the place, the courts still send people to prison for victimless crimes (which aren't crimes at all). If America's guns were worth anything, they would be used to force these innocent people out of prison, and back into freedom.

Cool
Activity: 118
Merit: 6
Trying to make the world better for everyone.
September 26, 2019, 02:43:36 AM
I think that "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"
Just look what media and movies teaching people - You have guns, you are better and more powerful than the other.

Now about school shootings in USA, it's horrible. The bullies in class drives one kid crazy, then he snaps and shoots up the school.
If the society's point of view doesn't change (USA for example) then the gun control and many restrictions like in Japan.

Now let's take some of Arabic countries. I saw a photo of a little kid (3-years old?) holding AK-47 in his hands. They grew up with guns, but none of them shot up their school or family.
I think that it's the attitude and respect for others that makes sense.
legendary
September 23, 2019, 12:20:56 PM
Guns aren't going anywhere, the Govt. is not capable of taking them all. It's logistically not feasible.

It would be possible to coerce 98% of the gun owners in the U.S. to relinquish their firearms volentarily and perform some cleanup operation to 'neutralize' the remaining 2%.

Technology has far outpaced what most gun-owners are aware of.  In fact it has outpaced what most gun-owners (and non-gun-owners) can even imagine.

It's really not a matter of gun confiscation not being possible.  It's a matter of the cost of doing so (in terms of public perception and reaction.)  We are in the phase now of reducing that cost through massive propaganda and probably some other methods as well.  When they 'go for it' the population needs to be softened up and certain legal things need to be accomplished (e.g., dismissal outright of the entire constitution.)  And they will be.

Right! It's kinda like the fact that the money system is essentially dead, and will come crashing down at some time in the near future. We don't want Bitcoin to take over until Bitcoin is ready, because a crashed fiat system would be chaos for all of us if Bitcoin isn't ready. So, we are pushing Bitcoin in there gradually, hoping fiat will hold together long enough for Bitcoin to be ready (Notice that Bitcoin Core is still in beta mode.)

If fiat crashes, the best thing that Government can do is to immediately send out their people controls... you know, the crowd control "weapons." Immediately, because the mass chaos from the fiat crash will cause the Government policing forces to have no support in a short while, and they will melt away like snow before a blowtorch.

Guns?

Cool
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
September 23, 2019, 08:37:28 AM
Guns aren't going anywhere, the Govt. is not capable of taking them all. It's logistically not feasible.

It would be possible to coerce 98% of the gun owners in the U.S. to relinquish their firearms volentarily and perform some cleanup operation to 'neutralize' the remaining 2%.

Technology has far outpaced what most gun-owners are aware of.  In fact it has outpaced what most gun-owners (and non-gun-owners) can even imagine.

It's really not a matter of gun confiscation not being possible.  It's a matter of the cost of doing so (in terms of public perception and reaction.)  We are in the phase now of reducing that cost through massive propaganda and probably some other methods as well.  When they 'go for it' the population needs to be softened up and certain legal things need to be accomplished (e.g., dismissal outright of the entire constitution.)  And they will be.

Activity: 109
Merit: 0
September 23, 2019, 06:18:49 AM
legendary
September 12, 2019, 07:46:29 PM
And then gone. That's what usually happens when they find they can't win.

Cool
September 12, 2019, 07:41:36 PM
Went right over your head
legendary
September 12, 2019, 07:12:20 PM
The device normally known as a gun is not a gun when it becomes my property. What does it become, then? It becomes "property." Why? Because I said so.

If government says that it is a gun, what ownership do they have vested in my property? Show me the government ownership paperwork. I can show my property ownership paperwork.

If the government continues to call my property a gun (or firearm), they are threatening trespass on my property. If they actively mess with me or my property, they are trespassers and wrongdoers... except, of course, if I have formally directly threatened someone or actually harmed someone.

I will sue anyone who messes with my property without my authorization. I don't need any stinkin' Second Amendment regarding my property, even though it looks like a gun, smells like a gun, and shoots like a gun. It isn't a gun. It's my property.

Property rights are greater than gun rights. Property rights are greater than firearm designations. Property rights are the basis for all rights.

Cool

Yeah, rumor has it.... if you get arrested for unlawfully carrying a firearm or possession of drugs, you can just tell the cops or judge that the gun wasn't a firearm, the heroin wasn't drugs, it was personal property....  and they're all like "my bad, you can go, sorry"

Undecided

Since you referenced my former post...

That would be unwise.

First, you don't just tell them anything at all. Your Miranda rights are in effect even if they don't read them. Save it for your attorney, your counsel who has power of attorney to enter paperwork into the record on your behalf, or the court. And you don't just blab something into the court. Rather, you respond with a claim, so that you become the prosecutor.

Second, the whole idea was that it was your property, not a firearm or drugs. So, why would you call drugs or firearms drugs or firearms? You need to maintain that whatever it is, is your property except if they can show ownership in some way.

Third, if you are doing it unlawfully, you should be punished according to what the law demands... for anything, not just for drugs and firearms.

Fourth, they barely ever say they are sorry. Stating that you are sorry says that you did something wrong. As it is, States and cities wind up paying millions for mistakes when it is adjudicated that their people did something wrong. So, why would you think that they would admit it by saying "sorry?"

People have forgotten how to use common law and words like "wrongdoer" and "property" among others. That's why generally there are loads of people in prison for victimless "crimes." Actually, putting people in prison for victimless crimes is criminal in itself. And it is the politicians fault, and the peoples', because we should all be waking each other up to the fact that there is no need for prison or punishment for a victimless crime in almost all cases.

What's happening is, the judicial system and the attorneys are getting rich by stealing the money from the innocent, ignorant public.

Cool
September 12, 2019, 04:24:55 PM
The device normally known as a gun is not a gun when it becomes my property. What does it become, then? It becomes "property." Why? Because I said so.

If government says that it is a gun, what ownership do they have vested in my property? Show me the government ownership paperwork. I can show my property ownership paperwork.

If the government continues to call my property a gun (or firearm), they are threatening trespass on my property. If they actively mess with me or my property, they are trespassers and wrongdoers... except, of course, if I have formally directly threatened someone or actually harmed someone.

I will sue anyone who messes with my property without my authorization. I don't need any stinkin' Second Amendment regarding my property, even though it looks like a gun, smells like a gun, and shoots like a gun. It isn't a gun. It's my property.

Property rights are greater than gun rights. Property rights are greater than firearm designations. Property rights are the basis for all rights.

Cool

Yeah, rumor has it.... if you get arrested for unlawfully carrying a firearm or possession of drugs, you can just tell the cops or judge that the gun wasn't a firearm, the heroin wasn't drugs, it was personal property....  and they're all like "my bad, you can go, sorry"

Undecided
legendary
September 12, 2019, 02:23:43 PM

Cool
September 12, 2019, 01:28:47 PM
"Gun Control" will not work. Period.
Let's say you manage to abolish the Second Amendment and outlaw all guns. Guns are now illegal.
You think that will work?

Look how well it's worked for drugs.

Gun laws only affect the people who follow the law.

Why dont we just make murder illegal, then no one will shoot anyone.

legendary
September 12, 2019, 01:20:58 PM
Here's the best way to do gun control.

As NRA membership wanes, America's largest black gun group is thriving

But another, lesser-known gun organization is thriving: the National African American Gun Association, the largest minority gun group in the country.

The group was founded by Phillip Smith, who fondly remembers the first time he fired his 9 mm pistol at a gun range.

"I felt free," Smith said. "I had a chance to kind of have some power in my hands."

Smith formed the first chapter of the National African American Gun Association, or NAAGA, in Atlanta.

"I didn't think I'd get more than 30 people…" Smith said. But in just five years, NAAGA has started 75 chapters with more than 30,000 members, over 90% of whom are black.

"We have folks from every walk of life," Smith said. "Black doctors, gay, straight, Republicans, Democrats. You name it, we have it … We're not monolithic in why we're all here. We have different reasons."

Cool
legendary
June 18, 2019, 02:39:19 PM

I would say, it must well-controlled and regulated. As you say, it is made to hurt or even worse, kill somebody. Even though it can be used for entertainment and hobby, we can't remove the fact that is it dangerous in any way. So i say, the control must strict to avoid it to get into wrong hands and cause chaos.

Right! We need to control and regulate guns much more.

However, if we don't have guns, we can't control and regulate them. So give everybody guns so we all can control and regulate them.

Cool
Activity: 292
Merit: 102
Bounty Detective
June 18, 2019, 11:13:17 AM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

I would say, it must well-controlled and regulated. As you say, it is made to hurt or even worse, kill somebody. Even though it can be used for entertainment and hobby, we can't remove the fact that is it dangerous in any way. So i say, the control must strict to avoid it to get into wrong hands and cause chaos.
Pages:
Jump to: