Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 8. (Read 450417 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 4
June 17, 2019, 01:21:24 PM
gun control sucks
/close
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
June 17, 2019, 10:54:00 AM
The scare-tactics of the gun controllers is like a gun backfiring on them.

The "Mass Shootings Map" Propaganda Should Convince You to Carry At All Times

You've probably read some of the cries for gun control and the stat of "more than one mass shooting a day" happening in the US. To see this propaganda, you'd think that people walk around with Uzis, randomly opening fire all the time. You've probably had this map indignantly posted at you in response to something you said about guns on social media.

But, you see, the map is BS. It's a big old truckload of baloney sandwiches, steaming in the sun. It's a manipulation that is being used to frighten people into thinking they'd be safer if none of us had the tools that we need to protect ourselves.

These terrifying dots are not all brazen shoot-outs in malls or movie theaters, during which someone takes out as many people as they can. But that's how it's portrayed. It's posted without any real criteria except for the fact that it is incidents in which 4 or more people are shot, including the initial perpetrator. (A reader pointed out that these dots indicate shootings, not deaths in every case).

Cool
legendary
June 10, 2019, 09:33:26 PM
^^^ In a utopian society, there wouldn't be need for guns or any other weapons. People are smart enough to ban together and fight off wild animals almost without any weapons. Trouble is, we don't have an utopian society.

Besides, as I have written many times, guns are an equalizer that we want in our non-utopian societies. Remember what it was like fighting wars with swords? And remember this: A 250-pound muscle-man thug can easily mug, rape, and murder a 90-pound teenage girl. But if Girly has a gun, she has a chance... even if Muscle-man Thug has a gun, as well.

Talk peace. Promote peace. But keep your gun handy so you live long enough to make your peace work.

Cool
Activity: 224
Merit: 62
June 10, 2019, 06:01:47 AM
Two options

1. either ban all the guns world wide (kind of bad if we get attacked by aliens or another country or people within our own country)
2. let everyone own a firearm if they want to (so long as they know it is for self defense)

2 seems a little better
Activity: 1022
Merit: 133
June 10, 2019, 05:46:48 AM
I think that when guns have been already sold like groceries in the states, it makes no sense to ban guns totally until the sold guns are brought back from the holders.

Gun control simply means to control who can purchase a gun, thus making it stricter for someone to get a gun from the market. Various types of checks are done to ensure the person is sane and will only use it for defense.

But, these checks doesn't apply to criminals and shooter-wannabes. Because they won't go and get a gun from the gun shops, they will just steal. From parents or grand parents, or friends, they will steal guns and do their crimes.

But am I against gun control? No. Checking who is ourchasing guns and putting strict control and checks on them is essential.

However, in many sensitive zones, it makes sense to keep high security guards with guns and protections. Like in schools. This will prevent school shooters to just enter and kill bunch. Just keep a soldier in schools just like we use soldiers to protect us as countries.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
June 10, 2019, 03:32:17 AM
Elderly NY man kills repeat burglars, is charged for using inherited gun, loses his home

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/06/09/elderly-ny-man-kills-repeat-burglars-is-charged-for-using-inherited-gun-loses-his-home-763069
Activity: 325
Merit: 26
June 08, 2019, 10:46:52 AM
Gun control?
Yes for me it should be in control by the official.only the official like An army,police have the right to use a gun.because they are the one who will protect all people against those bad people.
If only official can handle a gun maybe the kidnapper,holdapper,and etc will gonna afraid to do such a bad thing,because they dont have guns.they can not fight and they can not easily do those bad thing to the fellowmen.
Can easily handle by the official our country to have peacefully life.
No body should give license for a gun if you are not an army.
This is what I think for gun control.

I completely disagree with you. Hopefully you don't live in the US. Because if you immigrated here you should at least learn why we have a Second Amendment. It's due to a basic distrust of government and the evil that "good" men can do while implementing their "good" ideas.

Take a look at the horrors of the Chinese Cultural Revolution. "Get Rid of the Four Olds" was shouted by the crowd - and millions died in re-education camps.

We're going through the same "Cultural Revolution" right now in the US. Give up my guns because you think that only the army should have them? Hell no.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 213
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 08, 2019, 07:31:03 AM
Gun control?
Yes for me it should be in control by the official.only the official like An army,police have the right to use a gun.because they are the one who will protect all people against those bad people.
If only official can handle a gun maybe the kidnapper,holdapper,and etc will gonna afraid to do such a bad thing,because they dont have guns.they can not fight and they can not easily do those bad thing to the fellowmen.
Can easily handle by the official our country to have peacefully life.
No body should give license for a gun if you are not an army.
This is what I think for gun control.
Activity: 108
Merit: 1
June 07, 2019, 07:34:59 AM
This is my opinion
a) Every person and community has a right to defend itself, and to have tools to do so;
b) every criminal/crazy person who wants a gun, will find one in the end;
c) all dictatorships in history have taken guns away from the people.
legendary
June 02, 2019, 09:41:16 AM
^^^ Arizona has strict laws for gun use regarding person to person gun interplay. You don't even draw your gun on someone who doesn't have a gun, except in a real thereat. And you better be able to prove the threat, or make sure you have no witnesses, and that law enforcement can't connect you to the situation at all. But...

Arizona allows open and concealed carry without a license.

Arizona has a long way to go to catch up to the gun violence done in Chicago... Chicago with essentially no gun freedom.

Cool
Activity: 252
Merit: 59
June 02, 2019, 09:14:20 AM
^^^ A 250-pound muscle-man thug can easily mug, rape, and murder a 90-pound teenage girl. But if Girly has a gun, she has a chance... even if Muscle-man Thug has a gun, as well.
Your idea is perfect but if each man want to use gun then what will happen for example if a gun can be used by the 90 pound girl at the same time the 250 pound muscle man. Then dont you think they will destroy each other even all the people besides them.

Are we talking gun control? Who is going to control people so that there are no more guns? Are the dogs going to do it? How about the cats? Gorillas? Dolphins? Who?

The only people who will control the guns of other people are people with more and bigger guns. That isn't gun control, is it?

The people beside them have guns. If they are bad people, they will side with the muscle-man thug, and the girl will be toast, even if she gets a few rounds off. If they are good people, the thug will be dead.

Cool

I think it should be more difficult to control the law So that the rules of use are more conscious.
Whats the point of not allowing guns to sitizens if then can make a hand-made version of it, for real.
I've seen some guides on internet where guy makes a simply hand made pistol that can be used as a weapon for murder.

Allowing guns to all citizens will destroy a country and finally will destroy the world it should be allowed to specific peoples who has a good balance by considering their social position, very important person and this type of people should get allowed.
Its not allowed to ALL citizens, only to whose who has passed all specilized tests

It should be allowed to everyone (who is not in jail or who has not had a court so adjudicate it).

Having guns does not turn one into a murderer. In fact, if you would actually look at the statistics, outside of a few areas with GANG problems the US is as safe as Europe. You don't have to believe me. All you need to do is look it up. Most counties do no have a violence problem.
^^^ A 250-pound muscle-man thug can easily mug, rape, and murder a 90-pound teenage girl. But if Girly has a gun, she has a chance... even if Muscle-man Thug has a gun, as well.
Your idea is perfect but if each man want to use gun then what will happen for example if a gun can be used by the 90 pound girl at the same time the 250 pound muscle man. Then dont you think they will destroy each other even all the people besides them.

That's perfectly true. But now the 90 pound girl has a choice. She can submit to rape and hopefully not physical injury and death or she would have an EQUAL chance with the 250 pound person.  Equal presupposes that she knows how to use her firearm. There is virtually nothing a 90 pound person can do to defend themselves against a 250 pound person unless they are insanely trained. And even then ...
legendary

Are we talking gun control? Who is going to control people so that there are no more guns? Are the dogs going to do it? How about the cats? Gorillas? Dolphins? Who?

The only people who will control the guns of other people are people with more and bigger guns. That isn't gun control, is it?

The people beside them have guns. If they are bad people, they will side with the muscle-man thug, and the girl will be toast, even if she gets a few rounds off. If they are good people, the thug will be dead.

Cool
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
I'm against gun control, because Im living in a country where there is such law and I see how many lives could have been saved if people were allowed to carry and use weapon for protection. Instead young girls are going to jail for 5-6 years for trying to protect themselves from rapists.

Girls aren't the only ones that get raped you know.  A lot of male rape goes unreported.

Even something as simple as pepper spray can be very effective for getting away from criminals.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 622
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 622
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
Whats the point of not allowing guns to sitizens if then can make a hand-made version of it, for real.
I've seen some guides on internet where guy makes a simply hand made pistol that can be used as a weapon for murder.

Allowing guns to all citizens will destroy a country and finally will destroy the world it should be allowed to specific peoples who has a good balance by considering their social position, very important person and this type of people should get allowed.
legendary
^^^ That's a neat idea. Now force me to put down my guns and play in your virtual world. Will you force me with your hired government thugs and their guns?

Cool
Activity: 224
Merit: 62
Fight wars inside the virtual world, the Olympics should be the new war zone or couterstrike games.
Pages:
Jump to: